Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,463 members, 7,888,438 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:47 AM

Goodluck E. Jonathan ? How Smart Is Your Average Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck E. Jonathan ? How Smart Is Your Average Nigerian (663 Views)

Why Has Fmr President Goodluck E Jonathan Not Made Any Comment On Chibok Girls / Goodluck E. Jonathan Tweet / REMINDER: Go To Court If You Feel Insulted. APC To Jonathan. How Time Flies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck E. Jonathan ? How Smart Is Your Average Nigerian by 9jaPolitician(m): 2:52pm On Jan 21, 2015
If you are anything like me, you prefer gritty fact and you aren't moved much by generalizations or public sentiment. YOU WANT TO KNOW WHATS REAL.

Now I just saw GEJ's workout video again for the second time today... I guess the point is that Buhari is too old to work out? l guess no pun intended.
Well our resident young man's campaign has seen the advent of candidate bashing like I've never witnessed in my country until now. The "age" joke is just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm constantly confused about human beings and their inability to mentally 'screen' information before haphazardly absorbing, so I had to ask the question, "How smart is your average Nigerian?"
The country was in turmoil not too long ago about the Fuel prices/subsidy, but really how hard/easy was it to reduce the sale price of petroleum by N10 on what it would seem like a whim 1 month to the elections? at a time when crude oil prices are at an all time low?
I wonder if all he had to do was flip a switch or turn a knob?... I wonder if that same knob would work for Electricity power supply in Nigeria? Of which, 4 years ago our current President categorically told us that 4 years is ample time to completely solve the Country's power supply problems. Who knows... If the N10 decrease is the sale price of fuel is any indication, I'm sure he could probably still pull it off before the 12th of February. Promises, Promises...
Our resident young man also as a part of his current campaign has also taken to spending copious amounts of time pointing out GMB's past indiscretions, i.e. The coup d'etat, Fela etc. Some of it pretty jarring to be honest, but I cant help but notice the dates on these crimes? 1966, 1983?

I have some more dates, of more recent crimes though...

Try this, in no particular order just because I'm lazy:
April 2014 - Inaction concerning the abduction of Chibok 276 girls
Jan 2013 - Inaction concerning villages affected by lead poisoning ($4 million promised but what happened?)
2011 - Embezzled $1bn+/- for Malibu Oil and Gas
Sept 2014 - sighs.. I'll just quote the article on this one.
"On September 5th, 2014, South African customs officers at Lanseria Airport seized undisclosed and undeclared $9.3m stuffed in three suitcases carried on a private jet by 2 Nigerians and an Israeli. Afterwards, Jonathan's government admitted to ownership of the funds and claimed it was intended for procurement of arms and ammunition..."

I have a couple picture of GEJ I like, I attached one...lol

Last but not least another quote:

"...2 May 2012, MEND's (Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta) former leader Henry Okah came out and insisted that President Jonathan masterminded the 1 October 2010 independence day bomb attacks. He told the court that President Jonathan and his aides organized the attacks in Abuja in a desperate political strategy to demonize political opponents, including the former military President General Ibrahim Babangida, and to win popular sympathy ahead of the 2011 elections."

Now if you're smart you probably put two and two together and realized I'm probably not the biggest GEJ fan, I'm not a fan of election campaigns either, they tend to bring out the worst in people that already don't need any help. How many broken promises before you realize they will say absolutely anything to gain your confidence.

Don't be Stupid. Listen, Think... Then vote Smart.

p.s. VOTE BUHARI/OSINBAJO

1 Like

Re: Goodluck E. Jonathan ? How Smart Is Your Average Nigerian by jingh(f): 2:57pm On Jan 21, 2015
nice post op
a lot of his fans are blinded by religion or tribe.

vote change for change to affect Nigeria
buhari for President

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck E. Jonathan ? How Smart Is Your Average Nigerian by sundoj08(m): 3:18pm On Jan 21, 2015
I can't ascertain if buhari's gonna be better but i think its being foolish to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results, GEJ has been there for 6 yrs or so...its baffling how Nigerians easily forget the horrendous ordeals they've undergone like the fuel subsidy scam amongst others...i really don't care if someone else other than buhari becomes president but i think Nigerians should let somebody else try at least hence maybe we can stop blaming the U.S for not rescuing chibok girls and all cos its shameful on the Nation's reputation. #Just a concerned 'Nigerian'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck E. Jonathan ? How Smart Is Your Average Nigerian by Sylverbox(m): 3:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
God bless you. Too many myopic Nigerians.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Vote For APC —olu Falae / Pej Just Arive In Her Home Town Okrika, To Declear Ezewinke As Next Govr Of Rivs / Maiduguri Under Attack Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.