Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:55 PM

English Money For English Players - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / English Money For English Players (1053 Views)

Rugby Girls Strip Off As They Raise Money For Charity (PHOTOS 18+) / Top 5 Soccer Players in Europe Last Season (2004/2005) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

English Money For English Players by Akolawole(m): 3:40am On Aug 19, 2006
I still wonders why English players cost Fortune whereas they are not exceptional, in fact most are just average players.

Lets examine few of them:

1) Rio Ferdinand cost United £30m

The said amount was as at 2002

Before he joined United, he cost Leeds £18m.

Ridiculous money i think.

Most expensive Defender in the world. Is he the best Defender in the world?

2) Michael Carrick cost United £18m

What can i say?

3) Frank Lampard

Cost Chelsea £11m four year ago[ [size=14pt]Only God Knows How Much He will Cost Now[/size]]

He is not half as good s Okocha

He earns about £90,000 a week

4) Wayne Rooney

Cost United £27m

5) Theo Walcott

Cost Wenger ( of all people grin) £12m

6) Shaun Wright-Phillips

Cost Chelsea £21m

7) Francis Jeffers

The so-called fox in the box cost arsenal £10m( based on appearance).

Do they actually worth these money?

Re: English Money For English Players by toosyno(m): 4:10am On Aug 19, 2006
U're very right about what you posted.
They are bunch of useless fools.
though am a chelsea fan,lampard is not 5% good as Jay Jay and yet he earns more that the old man, Its just because the silly billionaires dont know how to spend their money and i pray thy get wise someday.
Re: English Money For English Players by GUNNER(f): 11:03am On Aug 19, 2006
Theo Walcott"s initial transfer fee was only 5m Pounds! wink

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/walcottshirts.html
Re: English Money For English Players by Jackal(m): 2:02pm On Aug 19, 2006
U all seem to forget these players play in an expensive league where gate-takings, sponsorships and TV rights are tremendously high.
For instance, Arsenal will charge 94 pounds at the new emirate stadium. Thats almost $200 to watch a single league match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even Drama presentations and the most choreographed opera's at theatres can NEVER cost that match.

All these wages are being forked out from the pockets of the die-hard fans.
Fans buy merchandises, they buy season tickets and pay for tv subscriptions against all odds to watch the leagues at home.
I am going to pay 8 pounds at home on the Prem Plus channel -PPV(Pay Per View) to watch Bolton play Tottenham by 5pm today and anutha 8 pounds to watch Man Utd bludgeon Fulham FC tomorrow.

There's so much money to be made in the system as so much cash flows in the Premiership.
So what do we expect the players wages to shape like? 100 pounds per hour? No chance.
I suggest FIFA should cap the wages of players because some of these players will soon be netting $1m a week at this rate.
Re: English Money For English Players by GUNNER(f): 2:44pm On Aug 19, 2006
Personally i think the ticket prices are a bit too steep especially at my "DEAR" club Arsenal embarassed

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006370271,00.html

but hey its all good u can still watch "LIVE"football games on this site and na 4 "FREE"

As them don ban DSTV! grin who no like awoof  wink

http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/
Re: English Money For English Players by Akolawole(m): 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2006
Re: English Money For English Players by SirKay3(m): 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2006
Rightly said and thank you for your observation of the huge transfer prices for those English players
Re: English Money For English Players by GUNNER(f): 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2006
@Akola

what do u mean by Proper website undecided

and i believe i also said the initial fee was 5m pounds

(1) (Reply)

Step By Step Guide To Making Guaranteed Cash From The English Premier League : / Prophet Tb Joshua And The Black Satelite's Victory / Richard Kingston - I Was Bribed To Betray Ghana In 2006 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.