Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,159 members, 7,880,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:03 PM

Who Is The Infidel???? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Infidel???? (800 Views)

The Islamic Question And Christian Poser..who Is Infidel? / Who Is An Infidel? / Who Is An Infidel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Infidel???? by leke12(m): 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
Hello everyone just need your opinions on this. In all the religions in this world most controversial religions are Christianity and Islam, this two religions have almost this same history dating to the days of Abraham. The issue there is that the Muslims see the Christians as infidel while the christians see the muslims as infidel(unbelievers). My question is that who is truly the infidel?
Re: Who Is The Infidel???? by PastorKun(m): 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
leke12:
Hello everyone just need your opinions on this. In all the religions in this world most controversial religions are Christianity and Islam, this two religions have almost this same history dating to the days of Abraham. The issue there is that the Muslims see the Christians as infidel while the christians see the muslims as infidel(unbelievers). My question is that who is truly the infidel?

In christianity we don't see muslims as infidels but as unbelievers and mis guided people. Being an unbeliever is not the same as being an infidel which is a derogatory word for used for people who refused to accept mohammed's false claims of prophethood.
Re: Who Is The Infidel???? by leke12(m): 1:10pm On Jan 22, 2015
PastorKun:

In christianity we don't see muslims as infidels but as unbelievers and mis guided people. Being an unbeliever is not the same as being an infidel which is a derogatory word for used for people who refused to accept mohammed's false claims of prophethood.
according to wikipedia the free encyclopedia Infidel (literally "unfaithful"wink is a
term used in certain religions,
especially Christianity and Islam, for
one who has no religious beliefs, or
for those who doubt or reject the
central tenets of one's own religion.
So u see, there is no difference
Re: Who Is The Infidel???? by PastorKun(m): 1:20pm On Jan 22, 2015
leke12:
according to wikipedia the free encyclopedia Infidel (literally "unfaithful"wink is a
term used in certain religions,
especially Christianity and Islam, for
one who has no religious beliefs, or
for those who doubt or reject the
central tenets of one's own religion.
So u see, there is no difference

Well in christianity we hardly ever refer to unbelievers as infidels or use derogatory terms to describe them despite wikipedia's definition.
Re: Who Is The Infidel???? by leke12(m): 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2015
@pastor kun are talking for urself because I know many christians do refer to other people from other religion especially muslim as infidel. So speak for urself
Re: Who Is The Infidel???? by PastorKun(m): 2:05pm On Jan 22, 2015
leke12:
@pastor kun are talking for urself because I know many christians do refer to other people from other religion especially muslim as infidel. So speak for urself

Ok if you say so but I have never heard a christian referring to people of other faiths as infidels.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Parent Or Sunday School Teachers Skip Ephesians 6:4 / "What Is The Illuminati Conspiracy?" / Good Or Evil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.