Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,574 members, 7,921,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 07:27 PM

Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. (1094 Views)

Review This Website If You Can! A Possible Nairaland Competitor? / Weblanders Please Review This Website / Please Help Me Review This Website, Njbase.com [need Ur Feedback] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:38pm On Jan 22, 2015
Help me review this website most especially on your pc.
http://novacomng.ml
dhtml18
pelij
naijazoom

adewasco2k
codeeater
and others
-
-
-
am still a learner oh so no insults please
Re: Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 22, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:
dhtml18
pelij
naijazoom

adewasco2k
codeeater
and others
-
-
-

Well it looks responsive (checking it out on a mobile).

I'd like to see a better menu though, instead of just a vertical list, maybe a collapsible menu for mobile. There are a lot of plugins for that, or you could just build one yourself.

Dude, mention me next time yo, I love eating up code too.
Re: Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:27pm On Jan 22, 2015
UchihaMadara:

Well it looks responsive (checking it out on a mobile).

I'd like to see a better menu though, instead of just a vertical list, maybe a collapsible menu for mobile. There are a lot of plugins for that, or you could just build one yourself.

Dude, mention me next time yo, I love eating up code too.
thanx but i suggest u visit it on a pc bro...i need opinions from web design gurus like you.
Re: Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 22, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

thanx but i suggest u visit it on a pc bro...i need opinions from web design gurus like you.

It already looks good on mobile bar some tiny issues, so I guess it should look good on pc. Nowadays you wanna design for mobile first anyways.

Driving now, will check it later at home on my pc.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. by lovebondz(m): 9:37pm On Jan 22, 2015
It isn't responsive. But since you asked for the review to be done from a pc, I assume you have a mobile site.

There are 3 google-site-verification codes on the site, any particular reason?

Your HTML markup starts with <xml>, you could fix that. You have 2 <body> tags

&copy; 2014 should be 2015

As for the content, its ok. You could make the header a little more inviting though, a moving text and a spinning image don't cut.
Your contact page could use a little more work though.

All websites we design are SEO friendly
You apply that to your site with meta info.

All in all, its good for a start.
Re: Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:50pm On Jan 22, 2015
lovebondz:
It isn't responsive. But since you asked for the review to be done from a pc, I assume you have a mobile site.

As for the content, its ok. You could make the header a little more inviting though, a moving text and a spinning image don't cut.

hmmm...thanx...that contact page ehn...am clueless as GEJ at the moment
Re: Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. by hilaryiwens05: 9:59pm On Jan 22, 2015
pls get a domain name.....u can even use godaady coupons
Re: Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:04pm On Jan 22, 2015
hilaryiwens05:
pls get a domain name.....u can even use godaady coupons
okay...thanx.
Re: Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. by hilaryiwens05: 10:18pm On Jan 22, 2015
dats a wapka site naaa
Re: Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 23, 2015
lovebondz:

Yeah, getting home and checking my pc, I can see that it isn't responsive, but serving up different sites for mobile and desktop.

@ClintonNzedimma, I'm not a fan of the spacing for the services block ("Our Team", "Our Services" and "Our Offers), you can try to make them evenly spaced.

The spinning globe/map seems a bit tacky to me, don't know if you can find a higher res gif if your heart is set on that.

The marquee text seems a bit small to me.

The sticky phone number on the left can be improved upon for legibility sake, and since you want people to just be able to find your number ASAP(which I assume is the reason it's on the home page), you can consider making the text larger with a more contrasting color relative to the page colors. You can also make it collapsible/retractable with some jquery, but that would just be "extra".

Obviously, as lovebondz said, you will need to run validation for the document declaration type you decide to run with. I'll check some more and let you know if my eyes pick up anything glaring.
Re: Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 23, 2015
Dude, those inner pages need a whole lot of CSS styling yo!

Also, you need to try to maintain the state of the navigation, so that the current page the visitor is on, is reflected by a highlight of the current page link in the navigation menu.
Re: Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. by ClintonNzedimma(m): 2:00am On Jan 23, 2015
hilaryiwens05:
dats a wapka site naaa
yeah, whats the problem?
Re: Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. by ClintonNzedimma(m): 2:03am On Jan 23, 2015
Uchiha Madara
thanx for ur contribution, i will make the necessary changes.
Re: Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. by Nobody: 2:14am On Jan 23, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:
Uchiha Madara
thanx for ur contribution, i will make the necessary changes.

Welcome bro, you could also join Stack Overflow (if you haven't already), that place is beyond awesome for developers.
Re: Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:20am On Jan 23, 2015
UchihaMadara:

Welcome bro, you could also join Stack Overflow (if you haven't already), that place is beyond awesome for developers.
okay bro.
Re: Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 23, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:
dhtml18
pelij
naijazoom

adewasco2k
codeeater
and others
-
-
-
Dude nice design you have got anyway, but i must disqualify you in the sense that you used just plain div thereby depriving your site of quality design.

Secondly, to my own ideal, i will suggest you eradicate the existence of those pictures you use in re-placement of png icons, i promise you it will look more beautiful than you have ever expected.

Thirdly, your table (Our Service), no no no, you failed it all, the writeup below "Our Service" title is not leveled at all thereby depriving your site of the proffessionalism it be known for.

In terms of color usage i will give you a bigggg kudos, you tried alot but try making the site a bit bright no one will like such a nighty site this days i guess.

#Keepitupdude
Re: Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
hilaryiwens05:
dats a wapka site naaa
and so what?
Re: Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. by ClintonNzedimma(m): 5:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
pelij:
Dude nice design you have got anyway, but i must disqualify you in the sense that you used just plain div thereby depriving your site of quality design.

Secondly, to my own ideal, i will suggest you eradicate the existence of those pictures you use in re-placement of png icons, i promise you it will look more beautiful than you have ever expected.

Thirdly, your table (Our Service), no no no, you failed it all, the writeup below "Our Service" title is not leveled at all thereby depriving your site of the proffessionalism it be known for.

In terms of color usage i will give you a bigggg kudos, you tried alot but try making the site a bit bright no one will like such a nighty site this days i guess.

#Keepitupdude
Thanx bro

(1) (Reply)

Download Free Premium SEO Responsive Blogger Template / Help - Bulk Sms Website / How Long Will It Take For Adsense Pin To Get To Ilorin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.