Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,616 members, 7,930,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 09:31 AM

PDP Hoarding Pvcs In Enugu -APC Gov Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Hoarding Pvcs In Enugu -APC Gov Candidate (551 Views)

A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate / Enugu APC Rejects Jim Nwobodo, Nnaji’s Defection Bids / Enugu APC Chiefs Fight Over Ministerial Slot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Hoarding Pvcs In Enugu -APC Gov Candidate by Sanchez01: 9:59pm On Jan 22, 2015
The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Enugu State, Okey Ezea, on Thursday raised the alarm over alleged hoarding of Permanent Voter Cards by members of the Peoples Democratic Party in the state.

Ezea, who spoke after the inauguration of his support group in Enugu, said large amounts of the PVCs were in the custody of PDP members.

The APC candidate said information made available to him on Monday revealed that the Independent National Electoral Commission’s electoral officer in Igboeze South Local Government Area, where he hailed from, came to Enugu last weekend and collected PVCs for three wards.

He added that he was informed that the said electoral officer, a woman who was not named, later sneaked into Igboeze South on Sunday and handed over the PVCs of one of the wards to the chairman of the PDP in the local government chapter.

Ezea said he immediately contacted the Resident Electoral Commissioner, who promptly summoned the woman to the INEC office in Enugu.

He said the woman, who was afraid as a result of the discovery of her action, called the PDP chairman from the INEC office in Enugu, pleading with him to return the PVCs as her job was on the line.

Ezea said the PDP chairman returned the PVCs on Tuesday.

He said, “As I speak with you here, they have returned the PVCs, the PVCs were returned on Tuesday.”

Ezea also cited another case where a member of the APC went to the secretariat of Udenu Local Government Area at Obolo-Afor to collect his PVC, and was told to first submit his temporary voter card.

He said the APC member went home to retrieve the temporary voter card, but on his return to the council secretariat to collect the PVC, he was referred to another unnamed woman in Obolo town.

Ezea said the APC member got the woman’s number, contacted her on the telephone and requested his PVC but the woman stopped picking his calls.

“I even collected the number and called the woman myself with another identity and told her that I want to collect my voter’s card, but she has remained evasive,” he added.

Ezea said investigations by the APC in Enugu State revealed that the woman, whose GSM number was given as 08065861433, was collaborating with an unnamed INEC official with GSM number 08037051436, to mop up PVCs of perceived APC supporters and turn them over to the PDP.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-hoarding-pvcs-in-enugu-apc-gov-candidate/
Re: PDP Hoarding Pvcs In Enugu -APC Gov Candidate by Sanchez01: 10:00pm On Jan 22, 2015
Ezea also cited another case where a member of the APC went to the secretariat of Udenu Local Government Area at Obolo-Afor to collect his PVC, and was told to first submit his temporary voter card.

He said the APC member went home to retrieve the temporary voter card, but on his return to the council secretariat to collect the PVC, he was referred to another unnamed woman in Obolo town.

Ezea said the APC member got the woman’s number, contacted her on the telephone and requested his PVC but the woman stopped picking his calls.

“I even collected the number and called the woman myself with another identity and told her that I want to collect my voter’s card, but she has remained evasive,” he added.
Dirty undecided undecided undecided
Re: PDP Hoarding Pvcs In Enugu -APC Gov Candidate by uokocha70(m): 10:01pm On Jan 22, 2015
Let me see how INEC intends to stop this kind of rigging
Re: PDP Hoarding Pvcs In Enugu -APC Gov Candidate by Sanchez01: 10:05pm On Jan 22, 2015
uokocha70:
Let me see how INEC intends to stop this kind of rigging
This one has been rigged even before the February elections.
Re: PDP Hoarding Pvcs In Enugu -APC Gov Candidate by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:53pm On Jan 22, 2015
Their method is stupid! Good lord how ignorant are people? What if the cards they're hoarding are those of PDP members?!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

SOMEBODY TELL GEJ THAT REFUSAL TO JAIL LOOTERS IS AN IMPEACHABLE OFFENCE! / Osibanjo Is Not The First To Loss, Awolowo Lost Too / Buhari Should Be Judge By His Past.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.