Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,607 members, 7,944,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:23 AM

Let's See How Intelligent You Are - Forum Games (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Let's See How Intelligent You Are (19998 Views)

Puzzle : Let's See How Fast And Intelligent You Are / Let’s See How Smart You Are: Zoo Animal Face / Let's See How Intelligent You Are! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's See How Intelligent You Are by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 16, 2015
akinsadeez:

I have checked it and still maintain my opinion. Don't agree with your explanation at all. the tomorrow in that question is not a day as u posited. That is d fundamental mistake u r making which will make ur answer inevitably wrong. until u understand dat d tomorrow used in d sentence is used in its ordinary English meaning u won't get it.

I don't think that thought process is correct. Whatever day you choose will always give our 'tomorrow' a specific day of the week.

As long as a day is selected for the day the statement was made, the 'yesterday' and 'tomorrow' take on specific days.

If we go by your Tuesday (which may be correct) then your 'yesterday' automatically assumes the place of Monday and your :tomorrow' would have been a Wednesday.

The impossibility you talked about doesn't come to play here cause the statement is conditional. Conditional statements need not relate with what is practical.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's See How Intelligent You Are by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 16, 2015
ooman:

Is the emphasis on tomorrow or yesterday?

And beside, you have falling into the shifting condition effect I predicted.

You said: If only Yesterday (Monday) was tomorrow (Wednesday), today would have been Sunday Thursday.

Did you even realize that your yesterday has picked up a new identity? From monday, it has become wednesday.

See now that your conditions aren't getting satisfied. Or perhaps you need to tell us to only regard tomorrow not yesterday.

Once again, if the statement has no other condition attached, which you aren't telling us, then you are wrong.

You are right in a sense!
Re: Let's See How Intelligent You Are by ayodijex(m): 1:20pm On Feb 17, 2015
Loool...This question causing problem since year 1001..
Actually,the statement is ambiguous(disregard spelling,english is a borrowed tongue,not ours.). I'm seeing yellow and you're seeing blue..left to me,it should be tuesday.
Re: Let's See How Intelligent You Are by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 17, 2015
ayodijex:
Loool...This question causing problem since year 1001..
Actually,the statement is ambiguous(disregard spelling,english is a borrowed tongue,not ours.). I'm seeing yellow and you're seeing blue..left to me,it should be tuesday.

Hehehe...
Re: Let's See How Intelligent You Are by macof(m): 1:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
striktlymi:

Yes I have and its not Tuesday.

Yes it is!

Now if you insist on Tuesday, the statement would read:

If only Yesterday (Monday) was tomorrow (Wednesday), today would have been Sunday Thursday.

In order words, if Wednesday takes the place of Monday I.e yesterday is Wednesday, it only follows that today can only be Thursday.

That's why the answer is not Tuesday.

I have said too much already.

If only yesterday (Saturday) was tomorrow (Monday) today would been a Sunday
Re: Let's See How Intelligent You Are by Mexzy88(m): 11:47pm On Aug 11, 2015
its monday
Re: Let's See How Intelligent You Are by Udezer69(m): 11:08pm On Aug 06, 2016
Monday... The answer is monday
Re: Let's See How Intelligent You Are by Aidro(m): 2:02am On Aug 08, 2016
“If only yesterday was tomorrow” reads a different meaning from “If only tomorrow was yesterday” ✌

FRIDAY is the day; to the question asked.
i.e “If only yesterday was tomorrow”

TUESDAY is the day for “If only tomorrow was yesterday”

CLEARED!
Re: Let's See How Intelligent You Are by blustone(m): 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2017
Was this question Closed?

Me thinks the answer is THURSDAY...
Re: Let's See How Intelligent You Are by phulxpression: 10:11am On Feb 23, 2017
Friday is d correct answer
Re: Let's See How Intelligent You Are by MOBI4PAT: 12:38pm On Mar 23, 2017
"A teacher walks into d Classroom and says; If only Yesterday was Tomorrow, Today would have been a Sunday."

Now on which Day did the Teacher make that Statement?
The Teacher made the statement today.

(1) (2) (Reply)

At What Age Would You Like To Stop Growing Old? / A-c-r-o-n-y-m Game / Puzzle.. Try This, You'll Never Know Who Is Watching

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.