Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,873 members, 7,886,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 08:34 AM

2015 AFCON Meaningless? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2015 AFCON Meaningless? (937 Views)

Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? / AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho / Nigeria Improves In FIFA World Ranking Without Going To 2015 AFCON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 AFCON Meaningless? by safarigirl(f): 10:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
I was going through the #AFCON2015 on twitter today and came across a certain tweet by a British sports journalist who was of the opinion that the AFCON 2015 tourney is useless simply for one reason:

Whichever team that wins won't get to feature in the Confederations Cup of 2018. Same way Nigeria pipped Zambia to the spot simply by being the most recent winners, it's the 2017 winner that will matter.

What do you all think of this logic?

1 Like

Re: 2015 AFCON Meaningless? by bigt2(m): 10:49pm On Jan 23, 2015
He's logical. To me, this version of AFCON is boring, or can i call it tough? No entertainment, and the score is highly predictable. Nought nought, nought one, one two, etc.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 AFCON Meaningless? by dominique(f): 11:08pm On Jan 23, 2015
And what's so fantastic about the confederations cup sef? undecided

I believe the teams are aware that confeds cup is once in 4 years so they are not competing for a spot. These Europeans should face their once in 4 years tourney while we face our own. No be by force to copy them in everything jare.

6 Likes

Re: 2015 AFCON Meaningless? by Olypeppy(f): 11:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
This match no sweet me to watch as Nigeria no play
Re: 2015 AFCON Meaningless? by manuch(m): 12:01am On Jan 24, 2015
bigt2:
He's logical. To me, this version of AFCON is boring, or can i call it tough? No entertainment, and the score is highly predictable. Nought nought, nought one, one two, etc.

so is the European Championship.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 AFCON Meaningless? by khattab02: 10:39am On Jan 24, 2015
Since they decided to have the nations cup in odd years then the recent winner has to come from the year of the confederation cup. No big deal, win the nations cup in the confederation year and u are there.

Moreover, even before now, those that wins the nations cup in a world cup year do not get to feature in the confederation cup.
Re: 2015 AFCON Meaningless? by hollandis(f): 1:52pm On Jan 24, 2015
safarigirl:
I was going through the #AFCON2015 on twitter today and came across a certain tweet by a British sports journalist who was of the opinion that the AFCON 2015 tourney is useless simply for one reason:

Whichever team that wins won't get to feature in the Confederations Cup of 2018. Same way Nigeria pipped Zambia to the spot simply by being the most recent winners, it's the 2017 winner that will matter.

Shut up.It is meaningless to you ,because Keshi ,mikel and the useless other eagles you support did not qualify

1 Like

Re: 2015 AFCON Meaningless? by Antell95(m): 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2015
hollandis:

Shut up.It is meaningless to you ,because Keshi ,mikel and the useless other eagles you support did not qualify
Why are you still on NL?

1 Like

Re: 2015 AFCON Meaningless? by pak: 1:41am On Jan 25, 2015
Though I admit this nations cup seems boring but 'qualifying' for the confederations cup is not the goal of the nations cup. The glory is in winning the cup of Nations itself!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 AFCON Meaningless? by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 25, 2015
safarigirl:

He is a typical one-way opinionated dull whiteman. A lazy crook.

Do we play afcon primarily to feature at the confeds?

He should do a research on the primary reason we play afcon every 2 years or shut his lazy mouth.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 AFCON Meaningless? by Afrok(m): 7:26am On Jan 26, 2015
Maybe, may be not but it hasn't changed the fact that I've not even watched starting line-up for any of the matches undecided
Re: 2015 AFCON Meaningless? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 26, 2015
It's true oooo, chei......I don forget say AFCON dey on.

(1) (Reply)

Where Will Raheem Sterling Be Playing Next Season? / Sport Cartoons - Carlos Ancelotti Conquest Of Atletico Madrid / It's 20years Today When Finidi George Won Champions League With Ajax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.