Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,018 members, 7,942,706 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 03:04 PM

Awo: Unfinished Greatness - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Awo: Unfinished Greatness (1403 Views)

Too Many Unfinished Stories On Nairaland!!! / The Lord Of All Things Broken: Unfinished First Draft. Fantasy +scifi Novel / Hope And The Island Of Greatness (A Motivational Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Awo: Unfinished Greatness by ayandee: 12:28am On Jan 25, 2015
Olufemi Ogunsanwo captures in his book [i]Awo: Unfinished Greatness [/i]the life of the great sage and political icon, Chief Obafemi Awolowo. He takes us through his early beginnings, his struggle for a good education in spite of financial constraints, and his political career from 1947 to 1987.

Although like other writers, Ogunsanwo extols the great virtues of the late sage, he subtly admits that Awo like all humans was not infallible as he had his faults.

It is worth mentioning that this book was written 20 years after Awo's demise. As one reads one is tempted to consider if there is any contemporary Nigerian politician whose achievements can be compared to those of Awo. Almost thirty years after the death of Awo, Nigeria still yearns for leaders with vision and a distinctive ideology for development.

Visit www.bookconvo.com for more interesting reviews

(1) (Reply)

Musings Of A Disappointed Lady / Literal Tattoos (with Exclusive Photos). / My Life In Hilton High School- Episode 21-24 (e-books/story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.