Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,770 members, 7,889,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:10 PM

Home Wireless Internet Access - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Home Wireless Internet Access (1085 Views)

Reltel Wireless Internet Service / MTN Wireless Internet For Laptops? / How To Get Wireless Internet Access On A Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Home Wireless Internet Access by CalabarMan(m): 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2006
Any techie on board who can help.

I currently hook up to the internet using Starcomms LSP 3000 phone set which is based on the CDMA technology. I have a wired home network system in place into which my 3 computers are plugged into. The starcomms phone is connected to the parallel port on one of the computers which serves as a gateway, with Microsofts ICS managing and sharing the connection amongst the computers.

I am planning on installing a wireless network in my house using a wireless router such as the Linksys WRT54G, the router also has 4 ethernet ports which I intend to connect my two desktops to while my laptop can then go wireless giving me the flexibility to move around the house/garden and stay connected.

Now the question I have is as follows:
Is it possible to connect the starcomms phone directly to the router through the router's internet port thereby eliminating the need for a gateway PC?
Has anyone done such a connection before? or does anyone have a modem connected to his router and accessing the internet through it?
Re: Home Wireless Internet Access by Mall: 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2023
In a world where staying connected is crucial, how does Access Wireless address the challenge of making wireless communication accessible to everyone, especially considering the expense associated with mobile communications? Can you elaborate on how this program works and who qualifies to benefit from its services?
Re: Home Wireless Internet Access by Polasq: 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2023
Good day. In an age where staying connected is critical to everyday life, the ability to communicate goes beyond mere convenience and becomes a necessity. In view of the fact that today not everyone has the opportunity to use mobile communications since it is quite expensive, there is such a program as access wireless, which allows everyone to access wireless communications. You can read more about how it works on their website, and anyone who has the right to do so can use their services.

(1) (Reply)

Google's New Operating System, Codename Chrome (not The Browser) / Which Foreign Isp Is Reliable And Fast For Cybercafe / Nvidia Geforce Laptop Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.