Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:33 PM

The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches (2277 Views)

Buhari Orders Return Of Egbesu Sword For Niger-Delta Peace / Egbesu : Return My Symbol Of Authority, Tompolo Begs Buhari / Red Egbesu Water Lions Demand Release Of Dasuki And Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by PapiWata: 8:32pm On Jan 26, 2015
It is an open secret that Weeping General Buhari , by virtue of inciting and divisive public comments frequently made, is at the very least a besotted admirer of the Boko Haram terror gang, and at worst, and far more likely, a prime mover/financier of the slave-raiding Boko Haram gunmen hordes currently laying northern Nigeria to waste. The massive escalation of coordinated terror attacks in northern Nigeria, as national elections draw near, is a pertinent indicator that the Boko Haram terror group nurses an agenda that is implicitly political, as opposed to religious or sectarian in nature.

At the other geographical extreme of Nigeria, deep in the creeks of the Niger Delta, the guns of the speed-boat-borne Egbesu warriors dutifully fell silent when FINALLY, after a full half-century of systematic exclusion from Nigeria’s political power equation, a homeboy called Jonathan Ebele Goodluck became the first Izon tribesman to attain the pinnacle of political power as Nigeria’s president and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces.

Now as the countdown leads Nigerians inexorably to the polls that will determine who emerges as president of Nigeria in 2015, the battle lines delineate two diametrically opposed power blocks, one harking back to Nigeria’s ugly historical antecedents featuring northern Nigerian monopolist usurpers grabbing for themselves alone all the wealth that accrues daily from the oil fields of the deep south, now facing off against the progressive forces of inclusion and justice, who DEMAND that the man from the Niger Delta, from whose ancestral fatherland ALL of Nigeria’s wealth is generated, remains in power as president to finish off his second term.

The battle lines of national destiny are drawn, as the Egbesu warriors of the Niger Delta observe intently whether or not the nation that has drilled and extracted pollution-inflicting crude oil for 50 years will realize just what it OWES to the impoverished and marginalized tribes of the delta, whose ancestral homeland has long been rendered barren of both fish resources and farmland fertility. As the Egbesu observe unfolding events leading up to Nigeria’s 2015 presidential election, they have, as expected, issued a grave warning that would be ignored to Nigeria’s peril, namely that crude oil extraction will effectively CEASE forever, by unrelenting force of arms, IF Weeping General Buhari, the Boko Haram terror gang leader, is IMPOSED as president of Nigeria after this pivotal election.

Thus, barring any perpetration of widespread election fraud, the destiny of the Nigerian federation lies in the hands of the electorate, who will now decide with their votes whether to facilitate a return to feudal subordination under northern Nigeria’s monopolist class, represented by terror gang leader Buhari, which will effectively SHUT DOWN the flow of that all-important crude oil national life-blood, as the Egbesu Boys make good their pledge to resist economic slavery with ALL means at their disposal.

So, Nigerian voters, the choice is yours to make. Vote for the Izon man to continue as president of an oil rich nation until 2019, or, vote in an illiterate cattle-rearing genocide instigator whose criminal imposition will once again awaken the Egbesu God of War that is ALREADY poised to set aflame the nation’s oil fields and render them as worthless as the bogus diplomas presented by the stark illiterate Weeping General Buhari. Once again, and at this eleventh hour, Nigeria, the choice is yours.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by StunningCEO: 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2015

6 Likes

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by PapiWata: 8:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by PapiWata: 8:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
StunningCEO:
as a man who has some ijaw blood runnin through my veins i reject dis warmongers.my Pipul are not savages n will respect d decisn of d nigerian masses.

Thank you for your response, CEO. I respect your stand for non-violence, but there are far more from the delta who will run out of patience and ACT, if the winds of war begin to blow.
Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
@ op..i'm Ijaw too, bt I dont support violence, let d vote of d masses speak.

3 Likes

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by PapiWata: 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
vivian001:

For every voice calling for restraint by the Egbesu God of War, there are many more who will not take kindly to being marginalized and enslaved in their own ancestral land, by an illiterate mass murdering terrorist gang leader, of all people. Let us watch and see which side of the coin faces up when it stops spinning, and lies flat on the table.
Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
OP....

Why not tell us just to cancel the elections so that GEJ continue.

You guys are pathetic in reasoning....we are in democracy ...numbers count.

You are entitled to vote your candidate...others are entitled to vote theirs....threatening people will not make GEJ win.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by PapiWata: 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
ilugunboy:
OP....

I share your belief in elections should be seen as the legitimate and most peaceful means to empower the people, BUT, when an illiterate and geriatric terror gang leader emerges as the ONLY candidate that the opposition party can find out of millions of highly qualified prospective alternatives, then something is clearly amiss, and justice will, like the flowing rivers of the Niger Delta, find its own level when all is said and done.

Thanks for the input guys, especially those of you whose origins trace back to the Niger Delta. It is good to hear your voices on this subject.

1 Like

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by StunningCEO: 9:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
ilugunboy:
OP....

You are entitled to vote your candidate...others are entitled to vote theirs....threatening people will not make GEJ win.

sorry to say it but some of them r just so sad n steewwpeed. how can we force d whole of nigeria to vote for him. Papiwata carri comot. U be total fool.

3 Likes

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by PapiWata: 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
StunningCEO:

sorry to say it but some of them r just so sad n steewwpeed. how can we force d whole of nigeria to vote us. Papiwata carri comot. U be total fool.

No need to lose your temper CEO. Express your disagreement politely as I do, and the world will turn.

2 Likes

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by BlackTechnology: 9:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
PapiWata:

No need to lose your temper CEO. Express your disagreement politely as I do, and the world will turn.

Ignore them

They are not Ijaws wink

2 Likes

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
@PapiWata, why are you denigrating Egbesu and reducing it to politics? be careful so that you won't invoke the wrath of Egbesu upon yourself... Egbesu is not a political God, he is the God of ALL Ijaws irrespective of clan, gender or political affiliation. Egbesu rise to fight for the Injustice against the Ijaw nation and not politics. Egbesu will not back anybody that decide to cause trouble should Jonathan lose. Please be warned!!!

I am proudly Ijaw and I support Muhammadu Buhari

6 Likes

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by waternogeteneny: 9:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
This Egbesu is it not the same with Ekwensu in Igbo? Satan?

Then u have Osu? People offered to the gods. Anything relating to 'su' traces back to the deity.

A force of Chaos and Change, thus in his more violent aspects, Ekwensu was also revered as a god of War and Victory who ruled over the wicked spirits and the chaotic forces of nature. His companion was Death.

1 Like

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
StunningCEO:
as a man who has some ijaw blood runnin through my veins i reject dis warmongers.my Pipul are not savages n will respect d decisn of d nigerian masses.
Egbesu is not a foolish deity, he can't be reduced to mere politics. He only rise when the right of the Izon is being trampled. He isn't a deity of injustice....

4 Likes

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by hardywaltz(m): 9:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
Op ur fellow Ijaws have put u to shame so go to sleep, e-warrior.

1 Like

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
How dare you equate our great Egbesu with criminals cum politicans for war.
we will vote who ever we want
Ahh Izon

5 Likes

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by PapiWata: 9:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
barcanista:
@PapiWata, why are you denigrating Egbesu and reducing it to politics? be careful so that you won't invoke the wrath of Egbesu upon yourself... Egbesu is not a political God, he is the God of ALL Ijaws irrespective of clan, gender or political affiliation. Egbesu rise to fight for the Injustice against the Ijaw nation and not politics. Egbesu will not back anybody that decide to cause trouble should Jonathan lose. Please be warned!!!

No offence intended Barcan, but others from the delta may interpret the motivations of that very powerful entity differently from yourself, as I sought to convey in my initial post.

1 Like

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 26, 2015
barcanista:

God bless you my brother,you have said it all.
its great to see my fellow Ijaws here.

1 Like

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:
How dare you equate our great Egbesu with criminals cum politicans for war.
we will vote who ever we want
Ahh Izon
Ayebatonye hw far,so na you go NMS then........just got to know we are relatives ,what a small world .sent you a pm.
Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by Adminisher: 10:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
The Egbesu war god is a small god. It exists only in the collective mind of Ijaw people.
It is not to be compared with the one and only true God who is father, son and holy spirit. If the Egbesu God wakes up now it will be to consume the government of Jonathan and all the Ijaw billionaires made from a struggle they called him to but all they dis was steal the collective wealth of the Ijaw people. You will be surprised what will happen. The Niger Delta probably has 100billionaires yet the region is still backwater. The Ijaw oppressor has replaced multi national / Nigerian government / northern oligarch but Egbesu is not fooled, he knows whose blood he wants this time.

2 Likes

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by EgusiSoup: 11:09pm On Jan 26, 2015
vivian001:

Amaa tubara?

Ur face looks very family you know undecided
Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by EgusiSoup: 11:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
barcanista:

I am proudly Ijaw and I support GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN

You have said it all.

OP e bu ebi o! Egberi faa..
Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
DEATHMACHINE:

God bless you my brother,you have said it all.
its great to see my fellow Ijaws here.
Pleasure is mine brother...
Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by StunningCEO: 11:55pm On Jan 26, 2015
PapiWata:

sorry for d direct nature of my post but hausa Pipul r human beings like us all. u cannot blame d north for d errors of der leaders.

barca, u r d man. Thank u.
Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by Blakjewelry(m): 12:01am On Jan 27, 2015
Bros you wan fight, I think we need alot helping hand up north. It people like the op that is causing more problems for gej. I am an ijaw guy and I don't see how the leadership of one my man affect me individually. A good or bad leader affect all of us a people and not as individuals. One biggest problem of the average Nigerian is that they don't seems to understand that the political class are the ones destroying the country rather they seems to blame other regions. If the north is responsible for the problems of the South, then who is responsible for the poverty in the north, is it the south?

1 Like

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by citizenY(m): 12:34am On Jan 27, 2015
PapiWata:

Sorry tp burst your bubble. You are not polite. No single part of this country can install a president. If you decide to disrespect other people, how do you expect them to vote for your man.

Ir is the height of insolence in this 21st century to demand a departure from democratic principles and interfere with a choice by s political party you do.not belong to ,or issue threats in a contest when the votes should decide.

Canvass for votes for your preferred candidate and I dare say that it is impolite to make things difficult for him. Despite the efforts of your own people to tone down your gaffe you continue blabbing

I hope you know the story of the guy who allowed his head to be used for breaking coconuts..... that your god only lives on canoes ,you want to take him to unfamiliar territory?

1 Like

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by Nobody: 6:09am On Jan 27, 2015
Lol..
EgusiSoup:

Amaa tubara?

Ur face looks very family you know undecided
Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by PapiWata: 9:30am On Jan 27, 2015
Adminisher:
The Egbesu war god is a small god. It exists only in the collective mind of Ijaw people.
It is not to be compared with the one and only true God who is father, son and holy spirit. If the Egbesu God wakes up now it will be to consume the government of Jonathan and all the Ijaw billionaires made from a struggle they called him to but all they dis was steal the collective wealth of the Ijaw people. You will be surprised what will happen. The Niger Delta probably has 100billionaires yet the region is still backwater. The Ijaw oppressor has replaced multi national / Nigerian government / northern oligarch but Egbesu is not fooled, he knows whose blood he wants this time.

You have touched on a thought-provoking consideration, Adminisher, which is that the concept of an Izon deity could be subjective, and thus inherently dependent on the perceptions and culturally reinforced convictions held by mortals. Extrapolating this premise further, I would venture to speculate that the notion of ANY God could equally be classified in precisely the same manner as you propound in the above quote, whereby the mode of worship imposed on black Africa by Arab slave-trading vagabonds of yore, along with the belief system imported by post-colonial white missionaries for the "benefit" of "primitive" Africans, ALL fall under the same category of cultural perception which may or may not be verifiable under the harsh glare of dispassionate scientific scrutiny.

If, for the sake of academic disputation, a suggestion is tentatively accepted that the existence of ALL Gods belongs exclusively to the realm of the hallucinatory human imagination, it is crucially important to bear in mind that such dearly held beliefs and philosophical constructs DO in fact intersect with tangible reality, in that religious persuasions have, over the course of human evolution, constituted the PRIMARY motivating forces behind every conceivable endeavor located along the entire spectrum of individual and collective BEHAVIOR, ranging all the way from the choice of marriage partners at the most benign, right on up to the open declaration of war, at the the most virulent and destructive extreme of the continuum.

With all this in mind, your contention that the Izon Egbesu God of War belongs exclusively to the tribal homelands from which this deity is recognized, can only ring true in times of peace, when the human adherents to this belief system have NO basis for discontent or collective rage. Suffice to say, 2015 is NOT a time of peace for Nigeria, as evidenced by the wanton genocide in the north of Nigeria that is being perpetrated by purported adherents of a religion whose origins hark back to the Arab world, who are further motivated by financial inducements doled from the sizable coffers held by allies of serial election loser Weeping General Buhari, all in the hopes of cowing an entire nation of 200 million souls into submission, so as to skew election day decisions in favor of a blackmail-enforced "peace" in northern Nigeria that can ONLY be attained with the return of a terrorist genocide instigator to the seat of federal power.

It is indeed a pleasure sharing ideas with such learned forum contributors as yourself, sir, and I look forward to further input from your enlightened perspective. Have a good day, and taker her easy.

Izon tuya kileme !

1 Like

Re: The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
DEATHMACHINE:

Ayebatonye hw far,so na you go NMS then........just got to know we are relatives ,what a small world .sent you a pm.
senibo i dey o,real small world fa .

(1) (Reply)

Election: Shettima Threatens Emir / Opposition (PDP) Presents its 2019 Presidential Candidate / Please Congratulate Jimi Agbaje, New Governor Of Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.