Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,945 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:15 AM

On Charles Soludo’s Anti-goodluck Jonathan Hit Piece - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Charles Soludo’s Anti-goodluck Jonathan Hit Piece (478 Views)

Pres.GEJ And Patience Jonathan Hit The Gym Ahead Of Abuja Jogging Today(photos) / Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo / Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On Charles Soludo’s Anti-goodluck Jonathan Hit Piece by lagosph: 11:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
i actually wondered why Soludo was using 2011 NBS figures to judge GEJ in 2015. surely he can get todays stats to use.

ON CHARLES SOLUDO’S ANTI-GOODLUCK JONATHAN HIT PIECE…
January 26, 2015 MrAyeDee
I read Charles Soludo’s Vanguard Op-Ed (/5M97TH) with amusement and came away with a few observations.

1) The article is the voice of Charles, but the hands are the hands of Olusegun.

2) He still hasn’t forgiven Peter Obi (/LNmD4K), and uses this piece to hit back against the ex-governor and current GEJ adviser.
3) He has decided to attack GEJ’s economic achievements by using dubious numbers to paint a gory picture totally at odds with reality. His main line of attack being that poverty across the land has reached colossal proportions.

To the Buhari supporter who believes GEJ is an abject failure, the article is a testament to just that.
Unfortunately for them, Charles Soludo’s premise is as real as a Buhari’s WAEC Certificate.
Permit me to tell you why. Instead of hitting every single number and assertion bandied by Soludo, I shall focus on just one, his main attack point: Rising POVERTY.
In the article he repeatedly claims poverty is in the 71% range. Nothing is further from the truth.
According to the World Bank’s ‘Nigeria Economic Report’ for July, 2014, (
/NDFxmC) Nigeria’s poverty rate has actually gone down to 33.1% as of 2013.
Let me say that again, under Goodluck Jonathan, poverty in Nigeria has reduced to 33.1%, the lowest it’s been in modern history.

I don’t know about you, but there is no way that Charles Soludo, a former CBN Governor and ‘esteemed’ economist could have pretended not to be aware of this.
It is sad that to get at the President, he had to resort to lies and blatant misrepresentation in regards to something so easy to disprove, but such is life.
However, if he could play this game with poverty stats, what did he do with all other stats in his ‘presentation?’ I don’t know, but taking the article at face value is a fool’s errand.
Fellow Nigerians, bottom line is this, the economy under Goodluck Jonathan is doing GREAT.
Alas, change is a process, not an event, but with GEJ’s steady hands at the helm of affairs, the effects of Nigeria’s economic spurt are going to trickle down to all levels sooner rather than later, and everyone including you is bound to feel the effect and see a rise in your standard of living.
Thank you for reading, God bless you, and God bless Nigeria!
tagged with Economy, GEJ, Soludo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Charles Soludo’s Anti-goodluck Jonathan Hit Piece by agabaI23(m): 12:56am On Jan 27, 2015
Those shouting and thanking Soludo will not see this post
Berem come here with your friends
Re: On Charles Soludo’s Anti-goodluck Jonathan Hit Piece by Change2015(m): 1:09am On Jan 27, 2015
The economy is not doing great. That is a lie. Please state by what indices, you measure this 'great'. Of the many points that Soludo raised, including the president delegating economic management contrary to what the law States, how may are you willing to rebut? Not interested in sentiment. What is the state of the naira or the stock market? Is manufacturing output rising? Are jobs being created at an increasing pace? Are incomes rising?

#change
#GMB
#APC

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Nominates Obanikoro For Ministerialposition. / Who Is Allowing Islamization Of Nigeria- Read And Be Wise! / SDP Adopts Jonathan As Their Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.