Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,868 members, 7,889,905 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:39 AM

Why I Will Vote for GEJ - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Will Vote for GEJ (27823 Views)

POLLS: 6m OPC Members Will Vote For Jonathan –Gani Adams / We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by fashoga(m): 12:12pm On Jan 27, 2015
grin grin grin
atikubaba:
14 You eat from crumbles that fall from his table.
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by UrbanMystique: 12:13pm On Jan 27, 2015
Aksonman:
I'll vote GEJ because I have very high self-esteem and i do not hold him responsible for my personal problems...unlike Buhari fans.

GEJ is doing a great job. Crude oil prices slumped, Naira has been devalued for months now, yet inflation has not reached the roof unlike what's happening to Russia now.
In Nigeria, the things you bought at N100 when Naira was N160 to $, still cost N100 (or even less) now that it's N200 to $.

Someone is managing our economy very well.
you do not understand nigeria's economy.

you are looking at it from food angle only. most of the food that we eat are produced in nigeria, which is why the inflation has not hit the roof. unlike russia that almost everything comes from west.

e.g bread, garri, rice, beans,yam eetc. almost all these commodities are produced in nigeria, if we import most of these items, you wont be paying the same amount you have been paying.

the only Thing nigerians import most is tecnology. e.g, cars, mobile phones, etc.. and all these things have sky rocketed. the tecno phone that costs 100usd before which is 16000 before the devaluation now costs 20000 after devaluation.

u get it now?
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by bassette(m): 12:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
Mynd44:

Of what impact is an agricultural policy if it does not increase output and thereby reducing the prices of the output whilst the farmers also make their own profit?

There is no stability in prices. Food prices are not stable, they are going up.

You would not touch the others na. Those are valid reasons you people love to close your eyes to and blind us. Point to one that is not true. These are the reasons a lot of people are not going to vote GEJ.

I find it absurd that people will praise their leaders for giving free and fair elections. That is like praising a student for not cheating in his exam. It is our right. No one should claim credit for that
one very serious problem lots of people or generally speaking 'we' have is PRIDE!!!..we always act like we know so much yet the impact of our knowledge is zero! this is why i will vote gej..i dunnot beliv buhari needs b president to make any meaningful impact in a country he appears to love much..another thing being the sincerity of the government..today everybody belivs they can say anything to,d person,of d president n feel cool about it...what they will never try with a buhari govt..4yrs ago i voted fashola cos i felt he sud continue wit his reforms,same im applying to jonathan..anoda thing,apc feels they own lagos,a boast present pdp avnt made at federal level...on dat ground i am voting pdp across board...apc is d most self seeking party ever..i dislike sentiments..if my uncle were apc wit d present structure,i wont vote him..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by saintopus(m): 12:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
Aksonman:
I'll vote GEJ because I have very high self-esteem and i do not hold him responsible for my personal problems...unlike Buhari fans.

GEJ is doing a great job. Crude oil prices slumped, Naira has been devalued for months now, yet inflation has not reached the roof unlike what's happening to Russia now.
In Nigeria, the things you bought at N100 when Naira was N160 to $, still cost N100 (or even less) now that it's N200 to $.

I never thought of this. Very good observation.
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by melomelo: 12:31pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
This thread is open for supporters of GEJ to state the precise reasons why they'll vote for GEJ in the forthcoming presidential elections.

Armed with my PVC, below are the reasons why GEJ is my preferred presidential candidate.
Thank you as for me,
i will vote for him to stop Tinubu from extending his dictatorship from Lagos state to federal
i will vote for him because Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu and others vowed to make nigeria ungovernable for him for winning 2011 election
i will vote for him because he was from minority region/section of nigeria (south south). They want to use the advantage against him
i will vote for him because Hausa/Fulani has ruled nigeria too long in the past if you check Fayose advert well, you will pick sense
i will vote for him because i believe Yorubas/Igbos were not destined to serve Hausas till death
i will vote for him for building 12 new universities under 4yrs.
i will vote for him for approving d establishment of a fed polytechnic in my state.
i will vote for him for building over 300 almajiri's schools in d north to curb illiteracy.
i will vote him for ensuring that i see a live rail line in nigeria.
i will vote for him encouraging cars manufacturers to site their plants in nigeria,thus ensuring that Nissan, innoson and co now fully produces cars in nigeria.
i will vote for GEJ because he is humble,he is d best we've ever had
i will vote for GEJ because he open-up, he believe in equality of human right,ethnic, culture, tradition, tribes, colours, race, languages etc and that is why some political-enemies of his progress-Buhari,Tinubu,Fashola & co (I use to call them " The Pharisees i.e the successors of Judas Maccabees)

3 Likes

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by dadoctore(m): 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2015
50calibre:

Fair point!! But can you tell me what your definition of education is, a piece of paper?

According to what I've read, Buhari attended 3 prestigious military colleges in India, US & UK which should be equivalent to or even higher than a Nigerian degree, isn't that true?

What separates your "educated" current president & his wife from the average illiterate on the street (a quick google search revealed patience Jonathan is a graduate of University of Port Harcourt & was once a teacher lol..)

How has your "educated" President been able to apply his doctorate towards effective leadership of the country?

If you can answer these questions, perhaps I will understand where you're coming from.
I don't knw who you are sire but I doff my hat to you. This is the exact way I've explained this issue times without number to the GEJ supporters, wish they'd just reason.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Tintinix: 12:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
UrbanMystique:
you do not understand nigeria's economy.

you are looking at it from food angle only. most of the food that we eat are produced in nigeria, which is why the inflation has not hit the roof. unlike russia that almost everything comes from west.

e.g bread, garri, rice, beans,yam eetc. almost all these commodities are produced in nigeria, if we import most of these items, you wont be paying the same amount you have been paying.

the only thing nigerians import most is tecnology, cars, mobile phones, etc.. and all these things have sky rocketed. the tecno phone that costs 100usd before which is 16000 before the devaluation now costs 20000 after devaluation.

u get it now?

Therein lies the action plan of the formidale President of Nigeria and his Team!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by boluyongp(m): 12:46pm On Jan 27, 2015
If this was "why I'll vote Buhari" it won't make front page o. There was a pro-Buhari post last week, it wasn't put on front page.
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Topewealth: 12:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
3 Reasons I will not VOTE BADLUCK

• High Increase on Unemployment!

(Wetin concern Hungry man with Road)

• Corruption without persecution!

(Masses suffering , politicians enjoyn our money with their family .mr president inclusive!

• Insecurity

( Wetin concern person wey him dey hospital cus of bomb blast with train? Or Good Road?

What essence is a good road nd train while soul re dying ?
While some re shouting they wnt BADLUCK for EVER; many in the North are praying to God to secure their life,

Mr president can secure his family but the masses , Nba!

Yet he wnt peoples Vote,
He is leaving d 1st thing nd doing d 4 things!

Only a living can use a road or enter a train,
So the lives of the common life is important , nd since he cnt secure it, I will Vote him out ,the way I voted him in 2011.

Come 2015 Election , I and my Whole Family will Vote him out , b4 Bokoharam get to lag!

Goodluck KOO BADLUCk NII
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Tintinix: 1:03pm On Jan 27, 2015
melomelo:
Thank you as for me,
i will vote him for ensuring that i see a live rail line in nigeria.

My brother I almost caused accident in my excitment in seeing a live train pass by oh last week!

My excitment was because that the section of rail line had been converted to a refuse dump, such that when the rail rehabilitation was going on, people were still skeptical....

Only for one morning for me to see yellow and green coachs passing by, the sound of my jubilation (like Up Nepa things in those days) and a desire to snap to upload on Nairaland made me swerve.

I feel you abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by hunter21(m): 1:10pm On Jan 27, 2015
I'll vote for gej because:
1. I am now sure my vote would even count in the first place.
2. solgiers would be at the polling stations to protect me from APCs thugs.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by DaBullIT(m): 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2015
[quote author=emy77 post=30175384][/quote]

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/construction-work-on-second-niger-bridge-to-begin-next-quarter/188639/

[size=4pt]Obinna Chima

The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA), one of the concessionaires of the Second Niger Bridge yesterday revealed that construction work at the bridge would commence before the end of the year.

The Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, NSIA, Mr. Uche Orji, said this while speaking at the launch of the 2014 Nigerian banking sector report by Afrinvest Securities Limited.

Orji, who was reacting to reports that the project, whose foundation was laid by President Goodluck Jonathan in March this year, had been abandoned, assured Nigerians that the project would not be abandoned.

The other concessionaire of the project is Julius Berger.
Orji revealed that the NSIA recently completed the payment of compensation to the landlords.

The NSIA boss explained: “The first thing we had to do was to pay compensation. This bridge is not a small bridge. It is a 12-kilometre bridge plus another 28 kilometres of access road, so 40 kilometres construction is significant.[/size]

All those pictures you've been seeing are all fakes,THERE IS No second Niger bridge YET, the ploy is to use this new format to scam Nigeria out of resources by claiming to pay billions to people who were called LANDLORDS, ABEG, WHICH HOUSES UNTOP WATER, WHO GET PROPERTY THERE , WHO DEM DEY CALL LAND LORD

I stand by my previous argument, most states are fixing their roads by themselves from resources generated by the state, however they are billing the Federal Government , This method was introduced as APC's Mandate , and your Shagamu Lagos - Benin city , Edo State are being controlled by APC , FIND ANOTHER ARGUMENT
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by UrbanMystique: 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
Tintinix:

Therein lies the action plan of the formidale President of Nigeria and his Team!

is there any time in Nigerian history that nigeria imports any of those commodities to survive? embarassed

is there a time in nigeria's history that we have to rely on importation of yam, tomato, beans, garri, bread, cassava, because our land stop being arable to support the plantation?
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by guyX(m): 2:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
PDP IS ACN BEFORE THEIR MERGER WITH CPC.
APC IS PDP BEFORE THAT MERGER.
ALL THE BAD GUYS ARE NOW IN APC. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO VOTE THEM?

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by ilashine: 2:15pm On Jan 27, 2015
GEJ all d way no holding bck.... Long live jona, Long live d federal republic of Nigeria

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by eazydon(m): 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
jcmaiah:
I agree we need change, that change is never buhari. The man will rush to put arabic in our currency first before even collecting his "certipicate". We need economic change not religious!

lol

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by kingslly(m): 2:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
I will vote GEJ for lifting the no-trade zone that has bin imposed on the south eastern nigeria since after the civil war by upgrading d enugu airport to an international airport,d first in the south east. grin
Sincere9gerian:
This thread is open for supporters of GEJ to state the precise reasons why they'll vote for GEJ in the forthcoming presidential elections.

Armed with my PVC, below are the reasons why GEJ is my preferred presidential candidate.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by macof(m): 2:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
Segadem:
Who told u Buhari can not do better When Bola Ahmed Tinubu was Lagos state governor everybody was saying is the best, now Fashola is there now performing better.

GEJ can never perform another miracles in four years wen he had already spent 6 years.

Lol Tinubu best in Lagos? for ur dreams?
Where do you put Pa Lateef Jakande, the man Buhari frustrated and sent to jail on no count charge
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by abbey621(m): 2:35pm On Jan 27, 2015
It's funny that 80% of those commenting on here either don't have a job or are working in a place where they are highly underpaid. The same 80% have witnessed epileptic electricity over the past few years among other things, yes I must say GEJ is working well. The irony of it all is that most of you deserve what you get, if you vote for a president based on religion/tribal/sentiments be prepared to accept the result. 2011 to 2015....Real progress, Up unemployment, Up insecurity, Up poverty......GEJ 4 life!
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by kingslly(m): 2:36pm On Jan 27, 2015
Dats just the problem with most GMB fans .they think they knw too much thereby making them to lose touch with reality.U see them shouting that GEJ is not doing anything about corruption and i have been asking them why GEJ established IPPIS in d civil service but i've not gotten any reply. I later realised that most of them are not even paying attention or may be they are myopic.GEJ aint perfect but he is trying and he is a pure democrat.
bassette:
one very serious problem lots of people or generally speaking 'we' have is PRIDE!!!..we always act like we know so much yet the impact of our knowledge is zero! this is why i will vote gej..i dunnot beliv buhari needs b president to make any meaningful impact in a country he appears to love much..another thing being the sincerity of the government..today everybody belivs they can say anything to,d person,of d president n feel cool about it...what they will never try with a buhari govt..4yrs ago i voted fashola cos i felt he sud continue wit his reforms,same im applying to jonathan..anoda thing,apc feels they own lagos,a boast present pdp avnt made at federal level...on dat ground i am voting pdp across board...apc is d most self seeking party ever..i dislike sentiments..if my uncle were apc wit d present structure,i wont vote him..
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by fanex: 2:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
i pray in the name of the god that you serve that you life shall change for the better and your finances managed like GEJ has managed the Nigerian Economy
Aksonman:

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by fanex: 2:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
may god manage you life just like GEJ has managed Nigeria.
Sincere9gerian:

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by israelboy1(m): 2:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
Aksonman:
I'll vote GEJ

GEJ is doing a great job. Crude oil prices slumped, Naira has been devalued for months now In Nigeria, the things you bought at N100 when Naira was N160 to $, still cost N100 (or even less) now that it's N200 to $.

i wish you were a female, i would have proposed to u wink

i like dis comment of urs
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Tintinix: 2:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
UrbanMystique:
is there any time in Nigerian history that nigeria imports any of those commodities to survive? embarassed

is there a time in nigeria's history that we have to rely on importation of yam, tomato, beans, garri, bread, cassava, because our land stop being arable to support the plantation?

Please don't take it for granted oh!
Left for these wicked entreprenuers, we will be buying the air we breath!

Do you think the generator importers will be happy to know that soon , no one will really NEED to own a Lister?

Imagine people going sub sea to blow up a gas line supplying power to a Power generation plant.
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by tolux247(m): 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2015
stebell:
I'm voting him cos of three(3) major reasons.
1. the agricultural reforms. Never in our history has it been dis gud.
2. The trains are back. Yipeeeee.
3. The roads are too smooth to ride on. Benin-Ore road, East-West road comes to mind.

Sai GEJ2011--2019.

BAG OF RICE STILL SALE AT @ #10,000 it WAS #6,000 BEFORE UR FOOL PRESIDO CAME

TRAIN FROM IDO TO YABA IS #750

2ND NIGER BRIGE WAS AWARD MONTH BEFORE ELECTION

YOUR EYE STILL DEY CLOSE D CHANGE IS HERE

SIA BUHARI
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by samsonjohn: 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
President Jonathan's Education Record: 14 NEW Universities, 150 Almajiri Schools, Highest Sectoral Allocation. #GEJ as tried enough for our country I tink he deserve second time in office

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by nduchucks: 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
Instead of opening threads and running away, why don't you accept the open challenge to debate Barcanista?
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by atlwireles: 2:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
My vote for Jonathan is based on two factors, FREEDOM AND JUSTICE. There is no gainsaying, that Jonathan has forever changed the Nigerian political trajectory.
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Kingspin(m): 2:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
Aksonman:

Some people dont even know why they want Buhari they feel it him but, have never know why they want him. Fellow-fellow kill like cancer. Be wiser! Even, the devil knows that Goodluck is most qualified.
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
Corruption unhindered grin
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by samsonjohn: 2:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
Under President Jonathan 14 million farmers get fertilizer via e-wallet; food imports down to $4 billion from $8 billion. #GEJ is the best candidate we have for dis election,vote GEJ for gud governance

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

Instead of creating threads, why not accept my challenge?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CCT Trial: Saraki Hires 66-SAN Defence Team / Nigerian Woman & Her Child Sleep At Nigerian Consulate In South Africa (Video) / Ekanem To Akpabio: When You Don't Have Delegates, You Withdraw Not To Step Down

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.