Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,997 members, 7,890,261 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:50 AM

Chrome, Firefox, Or Internet Explorer 8? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Chrome, Firefox, Or Internet Explorer 8? (2204 Views)

Poll: And the best browser is:

Chrome: 42% (6 votes)
Firefox: 50% (7 votes)
Internet Explorer: 7% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Is This Problem From My Firefox Or Google? (pic Attached) / Do You Know Any Good Blogger Or Internet Guru? / How To Add Your Website To Google Chrome Appstore And Get Traffic To Ur Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chrome, Firefox, Or Internet Explorer 8? by auwal87(m): 9:26am On Dec 31, 2008
yawa-ti-de:

soki2ng,

Letz look at the original post, shall we? cool
Note what is in bold. If he said for common man (or avg user) that wd be another discussion wink

Either way, you have to always code for lowest common denominator. You get this info either upfront by establishing a baseline or from your web logs. MSFT recently put out a warning that everyone should stop using IE because of security leaks. Yes, MSFT said that. I blv it is even on the forum somewhere. Now u tell me, supposing I never used FF before but was told by MSFT to use another browser and I settled for FF and I liked it so much that when MSFT says to return to IE, I don't go back? U c where I am going with this?

Again, always code for the lowest common denominator. 80% of the folks out there use IE so it makes sense to make sure your site(s) show up there. Having said that, other browsers are gaining ground, I bet you the %age will only increase over time.

It is better to code for all major browsers upfront and forget it than to go back and tweak in the future. If you are like me, looking at old code once I am done is like a dog going back to his puke shocked shocked shocked

But do you think Chrome is getting us back by installing tweaks here and there, I tot they should release something which is fully loaded, that is all plugins should be compatible with those on Firefox and IE. e.g. on so many occassions u need to install different plugin for Chrome like the flash players, text masking, etc.

IMOO, like many webmasters may accept, Firefox is by far being more supportive because of its openess, and its versatility.
Re: Chrome, Firefox, Or Internet Explorer 8? by bug24(m): 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2008
ever since i laid my hands on chrome, i got permanently addicted !!!
its light and tight, Ideal for a web developer who needs to run several heavy applications while working.
Re: Chrome, Firefox, Or Internet Explorer 8? by Mustay(m): 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2009
As far as polls are concerned, IE7 and 8 combined aren't leading FF
Re: Chrome, Firefox, Or Internet Explorer 8? by Jencejyde(m): 12:33am On Jun 27, 2010
Comparing FF with rest? pleeaaaaaaaaaaaaaassseee. From a webmasters point of view, I mean WEBMASTER, c'mon it has to be ff. What else do you want in a browser that you can't get. The plugin support is just awesome, something IE and Chrome are lacking far behind. It is simply the dream of any serious webmaster and i hope they keep up the good job. FF all the way.
Re: Chrome, Firefox, Or Internet Explorer 8? by jthomson: 12:51pm On Jun 30, 2010
Firefox is comparatively better as it offers a good variety of add ons
Re: Chrome, Firefox, Or Internet Explorer 8? by uthamaputi: 11:49am On May 30, 2011
I used Internet Explorer for two months,but it's fast,not able to use more tabs, If open more than 10 tabs means it get very slow,Downloading and Uploading is not fast I tested the speed at Ip-details So that from this month i am using the Firefox Beta version 4 it's very fast,managing downloads are very easy,uploading and Downloading are fast, so it's best browser,so that i am using the Browser, now i checked the speed in that site It's Good, Browser also important to access maximum speed of the Connection, 

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Why You Need The Facebook Messenger Bot On You Website/blogs / Sewing Machine / Why You Should Install The Facebook Comments Plugin On Your Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.