Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,017 members, 7,933,429 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 06:57 AM

We Are At A Hypocritical War...! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are At A Hypocritical War...! (718 Views)

"Call Me A Hypocritical Idiot If Buhari Returns Today" - Facebook User / Ijaws: The Most Hypocritical (we Niger Delta) / You’re A Hypocritical Political Merchant, Fayose Tells Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Are At A Hypocritical War...! by staph69(f): 11:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
I'm really troubled after I've watched the oyedepo's video. There's no gain saying that Jonathan has destroyed whatever remains of the peace and unity of this country. It will take more than what we hope and believe in any leader to right the wrongs of Jonathan’s administration decedence. Is only the mercy of God Almighty that unity and peace will reign again in this country. What do you say of a government under whose watch and leadership, mischief makers get away with any kind of disturbing and war inciting utterances without been called to order. This simply goes to tell any reasonable and responsible person that this government is a great failure, the kind we've not seen in the history of this country.

My concern now is this hypocritical war that is going on. This Boko Haram issue as it stands today, is obviously allowed to continue for socio religious, political and economic reasons. But what is more worry some to me is associating it with Islam and the Muslims. Although the Boko Haram claimed the Islam faith, but in all honesty and sincerity they are not Muslims. There ideologies are contrary to the teachings of Islam and so are their satanic acts of gruesome killings. Linking their faith to Islam is a mere political propaganda in other to smear and defame Islam and there by causing chaos in the country of which they have succeeded.

The two major ideas of the Boko Haram group are (1) that seeking the western education is Haram. (2) that is justified to kill anyone who opposed to that, (calling them infidels). For those who do not know, in Islam, seeking knowledge is tantamount to knowing God. Islam teaches you seek to know God before you worship Him. Also the Prophet (SAW) said one should search for knowledge to as far as China. Islam doesn't discriminate against Islamic or western education, male or female in the quest for seeking knowledge. In fact, the first revelation given to the Prophet (SAW) bothers on knowledge, Qur'an 96: verses 1-5. So how come now these knuckle heads called Boko Haram will suddenly wake up one day and say Islam is against seeking knowledge. This assertion is contrary to the teachings of Islam. The second issue of killing any one who opposed to that, (calling such person an infidel) also contradicts the very essence of preserving of human life in Islam. In the holy Qur'an, Allah says "...If anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder....It would be as if he killed all mankind..."

And going by the numerous attacks of the Boko Haram, it is clear and in the open that the Boko Haram are more enemies to the Muslims than they are to the Christians. Most of their attacks have been carried out predominantly on the Muslims. Majority of their victims are innocent locals who are mostly Muslims with only Islamic education, most of them have never learnt within the confers of western education. so much for a group that called itself religious and against the western education. As far as we Muslims are concerned, Boko Haram are a bunch of blood suckers, murderers and enemies of Islam.

To set the records straight, Boko Haram is not Islam and I believe I'll be speaking for a lot of my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters that we Muslims, we dissociate ourselves from Boko Haram and their atrocities. Let all those hypocrites going about telling obvious lies and threatening war on the north and the Muslims stop for the sake of peace. Only a person who is a fool and bereft of any honesty that will believe the stupid propaganda in the stream media that Boko Haram is fighting an Islamic war.
Alas I say, I challenge the Muslims and all well meaning Nigerian to stand up against all these baseless allegations and defeat the mischief makers preaching words of peace and not hate speeches or war threats. The woes of wars is a doom to all. Be wise
Re: We Are At A Hypocritical War...! by ManUtdholic: 11:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
staph69:

I'm really troubled after I've watched the oyedepo's video. There's no gain saying that Jonathan has destroyed whatever remains of the peace and unity of this country. It will take more than what we hope and believe in any leader to right the wrongs of Jonathan’s administration decedence. Is only the mercy of God Almighty that unity and peace will reign again in this country. What do you say of a government under whose watch and leadership, mischief makers get away with any kind of disturbing and war inciting utterances without been called to order. This simply goes to tell any reasonable and responsible person that this government is a great failure, the kind we've not seen in the history of this country.

My concern now is this hypocritical war that is going on. This Boko Haram issue as it stands today, is obviously allowed to continue for socio religious, political and economic reasons. But what is more worry some to me is associating it with Islam and the Muslims. Although the Boko Haram claimed the Islam faith, but in all honesty and sincerity they are not Muslims. There ideologies are contrary to the teachings of Islam and so are their satanic acts of gruesome killings. Linking their faith to Islam is a mere political propaganda in other to smear and defame Islam and there by causing chaos in the country of which they have succeeded.

The two major ideas of the Boko Haram group are (1) that seeking the western education is Haram. (2) that is justified to kill anyone who opposed to that, (calling them infidels). For those who do not know, in Islam, seeking knowledge is tantamount to knowing God. Islam teaches you seek to know God before you worship Him. Also the Prophet (SAW) said one should search for knowledge to as far as China. Islam doesn't discriminate against Islamic or western education, male or female in the quest for seeking knowledge. In fact, the first revelation given to the Prophet (SAW) bothers on knowledge, Qur'an 96: verses 1-5. So how come now these knuckle heads called Boko Haram will suddenly wake up one day and say Islam is against seeking knowledge. This assertion is contrary to the teachings of Islam. The second issue of killing any one who opposed to that, (calling such person an infidel) also contradicts the very essence of preserving of human life in Islam. In the holy Qur'an, Allah says "...If anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder....It would be as if he killed all mankind..."

And going by the numerous attacks of the Boko Haram, it is clear and in the open that the Boko Haram are more enemies to the Muslims than they are to the Christians. Most of their attacks have been carried out predominantly on the Muslims. Majority of their victims are innocent locals who are mostly Muslims with only Islamic education, most of them have never learnt within the confers of western education. so much for a group that called itself religious and against the western education. As far as we Muslims are concerned, Boko Haram are a bunch of blood suckers, murderers and enemies of Islam.

To set the records straight, Boko Haram is not Islam and I believe I'll be speaking for a lot of my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters that we Muslims, we dissociate ourselves from Boko Haram and their atrocities. Let all those hypocrites going about telling obvious lies and threatening war on the north and the Muslims stop for the sake of peace. Only a person who is a fool and bereft of any honesty that will believe the stupid propaganda in the stream media that Boko Haram is fighting an Islamic war.
Alas I say, I challenge the Muslims and all well meaning Nigerian to stand up against all these baseless allegations and defeat the mischief makers preaching words of peace and not hate speeches or war threats. The woes of wars is a doom to all. Be wise

Re: We Are At A Hypocritical War...! by shakazuldadon: 11:38pm On Jan 27, 2015
can we compare boko to ISIS, al queda, all shabab....

Maybe I don't understand Quran very well but when compared with other religions, Islam is the least tolerant..

us man Dan fodio jihad in sokoto I think, was it a physical fight against unbeleivers or an intellectual jihad??

(1) (Reply)

Brainnews Ng Online Poll: Buhari Is Currently Leading GEJ (photos) / President Jonathan Wasn't At Ayiri Emami's House .proof / Where Is The First Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.