Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,524 members, 7,911,299 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 09:06 AM

Want To Know Him? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Want To Know Him? (678 Views)

Nairaland Church! Inviting Everyone Who Seeks God And Desires To Know Him! / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (thur Jan 14th 2016) -that I May Know Him / I Shall Know Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Want To Know Him? by Hanscad(m): 8:01am On Jan 28, 2015
I wanted to pray but like I just couldn't get the words out, it was just circulating in ma mind and I thought, Is praying always about talking to him? Is it always about always voicing out? What's the essence of praying apart from asking? Isn't it to know him more or communicate wit him just as a father-son relationship..... I would prefer Mother-son relationship for my understanding(cos generally, maybe in my country, the son is always closer to their mothers, and maybe not)? And how am I close to my mother? Is it always by calling and talking face-to-face with her? Isn't there other things I do to get closer to her?
I call her and we talk well on phone when I aint home, I text her and she does text back, I do stuff that make her happy like #thinking errmm.... Many things sha. I no wan show myself on nairaland.
There are many ways we can communicate with God when we feel we don't wanna voice out.... Ever considered just writing poems about him? Oh is that spiritually legal? C'mon God is also an emotional being, he'll love it and blush and say 'Oh, that's sweet and lovely from you'. Ever considered just humming and screaming a tone of praise or just composing a text like 'God I love you' and saving it as a draft. Will he read it? C'mon there's nothing hidden before him.

As christians, get intimate and do things you'll do to anyone to get close to them, to God.
If you aint gat that relationship, just Believe on the Lord Jesus, and ye shall be saved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Want To Know Him? by dd12345: 10:13am On Jan 30, 2015
Hanscad:
I wanted to pray but like I just couldn't get the words out, it was just circulating in ma mind and I thought, Is praying always about talking to him? Is it always about always voicing out? What's the essence of praying apart from asking? Isn't it to know him more or communicate wit him just as a father-son relationship..... I would prefer Mother-son relationship for my understanding(cos generally, maybe in my country, the son is always closer to their mothers, and maybe not)? And how am I close to my mother? Is it always by calling and talking face-to-face with her? Isn't there other things I do to get closer to her?
I call her and we talk well on phone when I aint home, I text her and she does text back, I do stuff that make her happy like #thinking errmm.... Many things sha. I no wan show myself on nairaland.
There are many ways we can communicate with God when we feel we don't wanna voice out.... Ever considered just writing poems about him? Oh is that spiritually legal? C'mon God is also an emotional being, he'll love it and blush and say 'Oh, that's sweet and lovely from you'. Ever considered just humming and screaming a tone of praise or just composing a text like 'God I love you' and saving it as a draft. Will he read it? C'mon there's nothing hidden before him.

As christians, get intimate and do things you'll do to anyone to get close to them, to God.
If you aint gat that relationship, just Believe on the Lord Jesus, and ye shall be saved.

Just like you've observed...prayer is not about voicing out all the time...asking from God or talking to the air..or talking to a being you can't see...its a 2 way communcation where you talk to God and He speak back to you...just like communication btw 2 people who love or like each other...IT'S ALL ABOUT INTIMACY WITH GOD...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Lord Jesus Christ Is That Holy Ghost From God / The History And Meaning Of Ash Wednesday / Tips On How To Win People's Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.