Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,617 members, 7,888,969 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:27 PM

Holiday In Cotonou - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Holiday In Cotonou (3015 Views)

How Is The Cost Self Contain In Cotonou Benin Republic / Koredo Bello having fun during is Vacation Holiday In Australia - ( Pics & Vid ) / Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holiday In Cotonou by bimmyd2000(f): 8:53am On Jan 28, 2015
Hello All,

I need advise on how to go about travelling to Cotonou for Holiday (one or 2 weeks) from Nigeria. I would be going with my 2 kids and will prefer to go by road so they can see lots of stuff. I would like you to advise on:

1) Will i be able to get a car or bus that will take me straight into cotonou(not seme border) and still be able to stamp my passport, less problem at the border because of the kids.
2) Where is the best area to stay to enjoy a week stay
3) How and where can i get cheap but decent hotels (a/c and tv because of the kids) or short let flats where i can probably cook
4) Which areas or places of attractions can we visit and mode of transportation
5) How much do you think i would probably need for this trip- 2 adults, 2 children, transpotation to and from cotonou, 1-2 weeks stay, hotel and tourist attractions and maybe a little shopping

I would appreciate any advise especially from people who and done this before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Holiday In Cotonou by drealsheggs: 5:28pm On Jan 28, 2015
if you are going by road, my advise is that you should use either of these transportation companies e.g Youngshallgrow motors, ABC transport or Chisco because using these transportation companies, you will not be prone to any form of harassment by the immigration at the border, because your travel documents would have been checked at the park before embarking on the journey and if there are any changes or development, The transportation company will let you know 'what and what' are the things that still needs to be added.

I guess YoungShallGrow Motors is still cheaper going from Nigeria -Cotonou compared to others. 5K covers tro & fro per person.

YoungShallGrow will be the one doing the stamping of everyone's passport, before the take-off from Nigeria, all passengers shall submit their passport for necessary stampings at the borders.

i guess but not sure budgeting 50k for the trip should be enough for all your expenses, because converting 50knaira to Cfa, gives you 150thousand Cfa their own currency
Re: Holiday In Cotonou by mrsage(m): 5:21pm On Feb 03, 2015
Good
Re: Holiday In Cotonou by vuh: 8:47am On Feb 04, 2015
@OP My hubby and I went to Cotonou in December so i can advise you based on our experience.

1. Mode of Transportation to Cotonu
Since you are going by road , go with ABC, chisco e.t.c. We took a cab from Seme Conoil to our destinantion and since the cab driver knew his way around, we stamped our passport at the Nigerian and Benin side easily. It was smooth for us but coming back was something else as the benin side. From the Cab man that took us from the hotel who didn't inform us of not having a pass that will enable him pass the border, to the health officials that issue yellow card, to the Benin police men at the Seme side that wanted my husband to pay N500 for nothing oh undecided since it was the first time he was coming to Benin with his passport. I resisted it and asked him if the N500 was for stamping him out or what after all the argument we left without giving him a dime . After we had our passport stamped, we were about going when one police man stopped us and started interrogating us, i was so pissed what imagine these benin people oh! that's story for another day sha.
2. Best place to stay
Depends on your budget. Cotonou, Port Novo e.t.c
3.Accomodation (Decent Hotel)
Our trip to benin was full of surprises . A family friend told us about one resort at weke and i went online and was quite impressed, called to make a reservation self but it was another story when we got there.The road that leads to the place was so lonely and on getting there we had a change of mind because the room had this damp smell, secondly they had two swimming pools a green pool if you understand what i mean grin. The other pool was ok. Some families where there but the place needs complete renovation in my opinion . Can't recommend the place for anyone until the place is revamped. According to my husband it will be a good location for shooting horror movies grin The best area to stay depends on your budget. We lodged at Ibis cotonu for three nights ( we spent over 60k on accomodation alone) you can go to booking.com to get the current rate. It is a very decent hotel and we were entitled to breakfast. Just use booking.com and have at least three hotels in mind just in case. Note the rate on booking.com could be cheaper than what you get at the hotel.

4.Mode of transportation
We used cab which was quite expensive. Just Bargain with the cab man before you go anywhere.

5. Make sure you budget really well. Have enough cash in your MasterCard or VISA CARD. The exchange rate is always better. You can just hold small cash with you for taking cab to the hotel.

My brother told me about casa del papa, wanted to go there but the rooms where fully booked. You could try it. My advise also take Cereals and provisions for the children . Learn some words in french because not everyone there understands English. I hope i have helped in my little way. Please come back and share your experience.

(1) (Reply)

S. Korea's First "Black" Model Faces Widespread Racism / Nursing?canada?advice Needed / Usa,homeless Capital Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.