Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,391 members, 7,881,423 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:09 PM

My Successor Must Be Younger Than Me-gej - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Successor Must Be Younger Than Me-gej (454 Views)

My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega / 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East / My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Successor Must Be Younger Than Me-gej by mikelallison2: 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2015
LAFIA—PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan yesterday set an age barrier for a possible successor if he wins re-election, saying that anyone above 57 years would not receive his support in 2019.
Speaking at a campaign rally in Lafias, Nasarawa State the president also disowned the governorship aspiration of his former minister of information, Mr. Labaran Maku, affirming he never supported his move from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
The President also promised to give special attention to Nasarawa State on account of what he said is the proximity of the state to Abuja.
Giving his determination to support power transfer to the younger generation, the president said: “We want to encourage young people because the future belongs to them. We will not take leadership from you because you are the leaders of tomorrow. The director-general of my campaign organisation, Dr. Ahmadu Ali, has mentioned that my successor is going to be a younger person and that is what we will do.
‘’If you look at how we are going you will find out that what he said is true. Obasanjo was 70 when he was elected, the late President Yar’Adua was in his early 60s, I am about 60. So the PDP is grading down from Obsanjo to me.

1 Like

Re: My Successor Must Be Younger Than Me-gej by Bevista: 2:43pm On Jan 28, 2015
Space.
Re: My Successor Must Be Younger Than Me-gej by Makamuanwuo(m): 2:58pm On Jan 28, 2015
Bevista:
Space.
how much
Re: My Successor Must Be Younger Than Me-gej by RedArrow: 3:26pm On Jan 28, 2015
Meaning Sambo cannot be president.

Jona Jona, are you trying to tell us that you cannot hand-over to Sambo or David Mark?

I can only Imagine how Sambo will feel about that.
Re: My Successor Must Be Younger Than Me-gej by ForcefullBULL: 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2015
hey

(1) (Reply)

Terrible Fight Of A PDP Supporter And APC Supporter / GEJ And GMB Now In Champions League / The Power Of Numbers…nigeria Decides 2015 Mathematical Theorem!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.