Stats: 3,174,465 members, 7,891,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:34 PM

LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU (32546 Views)

LAUTECH Students Post Obituary Of Their VC, Prof. Sulaiman Gbadegesin (Photo) / LASU VC, Fagbohun In Naval Cadet Uniform (Photos) / New Waste Bins Used In LASU (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 29, 2015
siegfried99:
Oga where is your certificate grin

We are in the season of certificate scandals. grin
hahahaha,seconded bro.*turns 2 him* Oga u no hear am,wey ur certificate or we dey go court...

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by dustydee: 3:03pm On Jan 29, 2015
I know a few professors who do not hold a PhD. No big deal. As long as he is qualified to be a professor then he's alright. I can't comment on his suitability for the position though.
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
Iamsynord:
This people never said he was not running the university well or charged him for Embezzlement Oo..Pure hate..How can someone be a Prof without having a PhD first
e no tire u bro? weda he run am well or not,him mst show us him phd includin him class 5...
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by IVORY2009(m): 3:07pm On Jan 29, 2015
gogodaye:

A Professor need not have a Ph.D.......AT ONE STAGE IN THE PAST IT WAS NEVER A REQUIREMENT FOR PROMOTION TO EXALTED RANK OF A PROFESSOR within academic circles......Publications of books and articles in renowned academic circles were the criteria......Professor Achebe never had a Ph.D.....Also for those in the medical circles......it was not a must have as they had other qualifications that were equated with it....The ASUU folks should indeed bow their heads in shame.....

professorship is the highest ranking in an academic environment, in otherwords for you to attain that rank, you must be able to show some level of an higher qualification by way of thesis, researches, publicaions, atticles published, etc and also he/she must be in an academic environment for like 25 years.
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
englishmart:
maybe they don't even have certificates....

Or is it with the minister of Education?
nooo,maybe its with cambridge university...*faces him* Oga wetin u dey wait 4 na,ur certificate n ur class five result too
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
jingh:
kukuruku
oga u don turn roster 4 certificate scandal??
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by deletrue: 3:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
immortalvoices:
I have learnt a lot from the Buhari certificate
Insomnia.

Since it happened i started looking for all my
certificate.
In fact i have safely kept the receipt for my jamb
form,
admission and acceptance form lecture notes, textbook, photos in fact my signing out white vest of last year too. Who knows anybody may request for
it.

If
someone who schooled before independence can be ask to produce his certificate., who am I.

If you are lucky enough to still have your secondary
school
uniform exercise book PE shirt and sandal please keep it. Who knows any
clueless person can ask for it.

I JUST DEY FEAR NIGERIAN PEOPLE! (Typing this while falling asleep)
not be clueless person, na to avoid forgery issues like Buhari. Buhari case be say, he go school but did not complete or failed out of school. However, I agree with you to keep those documents, especially when you still a youth.

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
MadCow1:

Obago... grin

ASUU please verify GEJ's PhD as well because I can swear that he bought it... That guy might even still be collecting salary from UNIPORT as a lecturer. grin
seconded...aw u knw wetin i reason,where is his letter of appointment as an animal science lec?
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by deletrue: 3:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
immortalvoices:
I have learnt a lot from the Buhari certificate
Insomnia.

Since it happened i started looking for all my
certificate.
In fact i have safely kept the receipt for my jamb
form,
admission and acceptance form lecture notes, textbook, photos in fact my signing out white vest of last year too. Who knows anybody may request for
it.

If
someone who schooled before independence can be ask to produce his certificate., who am I.

If you are lucky enough to still have your secondary
school
uniform exercise book PE shirt and sandal please keep it. Who knows any
clueless person can ask for it.

I JUST DEY FEAR NIGERIAN PEOPLE! (Typing this while falling asleep)
not be clueless person, na to avoid forgery issues like Buhari. Buhari case be say, he go school but did not complete or failed out of school. However, I agree with you to keep those documents, especially when you are still a youth.
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by NJPot(m): 3:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
Collynzo9:

What about Buhari's running mate Osinbajo? What were his own findings that made the issue him professorship without a Phd, a Professorship in law for that matter.

Osinbajo must have met the necessary requirements for the award of professor. Professorship is not sold in the market, one must work for it. If it could be bought with money, GEJ would have been a professor by now.
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
RicKyRichards:
Looks like scandals are trending. Lemme start mine: Nneka123 is not human! She's an angel!!! And I can prove
it.
tongue
Yesss,i said it dont u c her posts,,let her show us her NL certificate

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Foxycute(m): 3:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
#Unilag Olodo
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by princechurchill(m): 3:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
typical HEEE FEEEYYY CEEEY State tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Freshpage(m): 3:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
Malicious act. U can sense & smell jealousy. What was d criteria dat quality him for d post of a VC? Where was dis Zonal co-ordinator wen he was appointed d VC? If he has no PhD, hw manage is he called a professor? I suppose dis is a season of certificate saga. Naija people.
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
where my nairaland certificate?
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by ascaris(m): 3:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
Why do Lagos State Govt. appoints a Prof. with Fellowship to be a VC? These were olden days practice! Am afraid these Prof. also mentioned some Universities that are headed currently by Prof. with Fellowships. If this is true, then i am sorry for this Country.
VCs chair the Univer. Senates that award Ph.Ds to students, so why will some body award Ph.D to students when he himself do not have one! YOU CAN'T GIVE WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE!
I can still remember a Prof. of Medicine was disqualified from contesting for UniJos VC in 2010, he went to court and lost.
Fellowship is not equivalent of Ph.D!
Untill we recognise HND as First Degree, the VC of LASU is occupying that office illegally!
Show us your Ph.D! i did not mention JONA if you add THAN no you sabi.
OP! make una try submit my post this year oh..i try so many times last to no avail.
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Rajjah(f): 3:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
Cerpiticate saga....lol
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Lonizzy(m): 3:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
Leave our VC alone na sad
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by ignis: 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
Why are they just talking about it now?
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by felifeli: 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
Iamsynord:
This people never said he was not running the university well or charged him for Embezzlement Oo..Pure hate..How can someone be a Prof without having a PhD first

Osinbade sef no get phd o. Funny country
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by ogawisdom(m): 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
No b news even UNN VC has no PhD but a professor of medicine. Medicine is different after mbbs they can become profs thro their professional exams

U will rarely see a professor of medicine with a masters degree talk more of a PhD lipsrsealed

For d records all u need to b a vc is dt u need to b a prof for a minimum of 10yrs in a uni

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by mankan2k7(m): 3:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
Why should Fashola appoint a v.c with no PhD certificate? The answer is clear, APC value no certificate since 1960

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by bayulll01(m): 3:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
That's cheap politics,Obafunwa is an erudite personnel in the medical world,he did when in Lasuth before he became the VC so those Assu members should buried their head in shame,a simple research on wiki will tell them all they need to know,Jona has infiltrated our society with clueeleesness

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by jamace(m): 3:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
Chai, APCeeeeee! Involved in certificate scam since 1961. grin grin Fashola is definitely an Illegal luminary.
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by zoomzoom(m): 3:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
SEYIKP:
How on earth will a prof. not have PhD. we are in Nigeria sha were everything goes. oga show them your certificate and let sleeping dog lies.

The Prof/v.c hasnt denied the charge..he truly doesn't have a PhD..he has what has been adjudged as an equivalent..a fellowship in medicine..he referred them to NUC..and still went ahead to site other schools headed by phdless V.C'S.
See why I am ashamed of this country?..A so called educated youth reads this whole thing and these are the kind of comments you see?...how the heck did you guys manage to pass your wasc English comprehension?..preposterous!!!
Next stop you will see some of them abusing me for stating the obvious..and believe it or not,getting a zillion likes..
...a d some goons will find a way to spin to be one of the sins of JONATHAN..and presto!..the hoard mentality comes in to play..you will now be seeing.."SAI BUHARI"..in all their brain dead comments..mtchew!!!

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by larek14: 3:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
[color=#006600][/colour
I'm sure that most of the people castigating this prof are not familiar with the workings of the academic environment. You don't need a PhD to become a prof. This is the practice all over the world. I'm a doctor in the UK and there are several colleagues who are profs without a PhD to their names. It's only in Nigeria that paper qualifications are celebrated. As a matter of fact, you don't need one if you are a medical consultant except you decided to veer into another field entirely.

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by kennethchidi(m): 3:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
Iamsynord:
Its purre hate ,but den one can b a prof without a doctorate degree if u go through the medical line. After becoming a fellow(consultant) in ur field or specialty,one can progress to become a professor in dat same specialty. So its possible.
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by poseidon12: 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2015
Iamsynord:

For your information, you can be a professor without getting a PhD.
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by larek14: 3:44pm On Jan 29, 2015
The ASSU member complaining has a paucity of knowledge and exposure and he's yet to recover from the trauma of having some his colleagues PhDs withdrawn by LASU authorities.

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
Iamsynord:
It's the number of paper a lecturer has to his credit in international journals, PhD that determines whether he is made a professor. In Europe and the US, even outside the medical field, you have professors without PhD. An Msc holder with an appreciable number of papers has contributed more to the body of knowledge that a Phd holder.
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by MightySparrow: 3:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
Nonsense.

Profs. Whole Soyinka and Chukwuemeka Ike do not have.
So?

Community Secondary School, Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom In Bad State / Five Fallacies About Being A Medical Student / A Trip To Lorreto Special Secondary School, Anambra (Photos)