Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,941 members, 7,873,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:52 AM

Buhari’s Heart To Heart Message To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Heart To Heart Message To Nigerians (750 Views)

This Railway Project Is Close To President Buhari’s Heart- Ag. Pres. Osinbajo / BAKARE: A Man After Buhari's Heart - Thisday / Zahra Buhari's Heart Warming Tweet About Her Father After A Comeback. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Heart To Heart Message To Nigerians by timilehing(m): 8:01am On Jan 29, 2015
This is a message from the APC Presidential
Candidate Gen. Buhari

“Fellow Nigerian, People accuse me of many
things. But one thing they never accuse me of is
corruption. They never accuse me of mediocrity, or
of lying. People accuse me of many things. I have
led this country and I have a record. We were not
perfect, but we were effective; we solved problems,
and we made Nigerians proud.

In our government, we fought corruption, we
stabilised the Naira, and we shut down
insurgencies. We shouldn’t forget so soon that
there was the Maitatsine ravaging the North east
and we dealt with it. We also overran the Chadian
rebels. We rebuilt industries, Nigerians queued up
and treated each other with respect; Nigerians took
pride in our reputation for discipline. The world
admired us. We were proud to be Nigerians.
However, because they can’t attack our record,
they accuse me falsely of ethnic jingoism; they
accuse me falsely of religious fundamentalism.
Because they cannot attack our record, they
accuse us falsely of calling for election violence –
when we have only insisted on peace. Even as
Head of State, we never imposed Shariah. All my
running mates have been either Igbo or Yoruba
and are always devout Christian of indisputable
repute. I have and will continue to condemn those
who burn God’s places of worship, be they
churches or mosques and wish God’s judgment
upon them. As your President, their punishment
won’t stop there, we will also ensure Boko Haram
and other such elements, are found, are arrested
and face the full wrath of the law as punishment
for their crimes against our country.

My dear friends, this is very important to note: It
doesn’t matter if you are Igbo,Yoruba, Ijaw, Hausa,
Idoma, Efik, Ekwere, Urhobo, Igala and, no, it does
not matter if you are Christian, Muslim, animist or
atheist: we need a new direction under a new
leadership. The task ahead will be challenging and
daunting, but it is surmountable. This is what
leadership is about. My only desire is to prove to
you that Nigeria can truly work. Allow me prove to
you that in your lifetime, you can be proud of this
country.

Let me make you this promise today: We will
protect your children. We will protect your wealth.
We will make this country work again. This is why I
am running for the office of the president of
Nigeria. This is my promise.”

– Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR)

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=402015499976017&id=125341937643376&refid=17
Re: Buhari’s Heart To Heart Message To Nigerians by timilehing(m): 8:05am On Jan 29, 2015
PDPs are busy throwing different attacks while APC gain more strength defending those attacks.

FeBuhari14 countdown: 16 days to go

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Heart To Heart Message To Nigerians by midep: 8:23am On Jan 29, 2015
What can i say again oh.............................. GOD please save us another 4 years of GEJ administration, all we want is Change. GMB 2015
Re: Buhari’s Heart To Heart Message To Nigerians by golor(m): 8:24am On Jan 29, 2015
Even if all my family member will gv gej their vote probably because his from south south or his a Christian.I will personally give buhari my vote which is for a good reason #change#

Up buhari
Re: Buhari’s Heart To Heart Message To Nigerians by sade10bakare: 9:04am On Jan 29, 2015
Sir, let us examine your service records. I consider your generation a very privileged one, indeed. In 1975 at the age of 33, you were appointed the Military Governor of the North-Eastern State, present day Borno & Yobe states.
In 1976 at the age of 34 you became the Minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources. In 1978 at the age of 36 you became the Chairman of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). Today the reverse is the case. Most Nigerians at age of 35 are still unemployed and still living with parents. Many are still not married. During your time you were already Governor at this age.
One major reason for this unfortunate turn of events is that many elders like you have refused to voluntarily handover the baton to the next generation. Life should be a relay race where one runs his race and hands over to the next. In Nigeria many elders like you have run their races and are still holding on tenaciously to the baton.
But Sir, I have an important question here for you. The question is simple, MUST YOU SERVE NIGERIA AS A PRESIDENT ONLY? IS THERE NO OTHER CAPACITY YOU CAN SERVE US EXCEPT THE PRESIDENCY? It is very erroneous to imagine that you can only serve Nigeria only in one capacity. During the regime of late General Sani Abacha, you accepted the appointment to serve as the Chairman of the then Petroleum Trust Fund PTF.
The general opinion was that you served faithfully in this capacity. Well done Sir! But you never asked Abacha to vacate office for you as your former subordinate in the army. Never! In fact that would have been a dangerous move, if not suicidal. Rather you served faithfully under your former junior in the army. Sir, imagine if you take on another job like the Chairman of EFCC or ICPC or NDLEA.
Nigerians actually need you to serve in one of these capacities much more than they need you in the Presidency. Mere mentioning your name as Chairman of EFCC would drive many corrupt men underground. But you wouldn’t . Either the Presidency or nothing. When are you going to handover to the next person? It is either you do it voluntarily or risk disgrace at the polls. In 1983 at the age of 41, you became the Head of State.
Most Nigerians in my age have not had the opportunity to serve, but we still remain committed to the Nigerian project. You should rather be graceful to God and to Nigerians for the numerous opportunities that have come your way to serve Nigerians. Others are begging for just one opportunity to serve. Sir, you have to accept the stark reality on ground that you have served your time already.
That is life for you. You run the race, you handover the baton for others to run, you cannot hold on to the baton more than is necessary. As a former head of State you are already a member of the Council of State Meeting. You have every avenue to channel your views across. You don’t necessarily have to be in a front-line role, you can serve in an advisory capacity. That is still service.
In conclusion, It is crystal clear that you cannot defeat President Jonathan in a free, fair and credible election, even in Katsina State.
Sentiments aside, Jonathan would cruise to a landslide victory come February 14th, 2015. In fairness to you Sir, any of your Children would pose a serious challenge to Jonathan more than yourself.
I do not see Nigerians electing a 72 year old former Head of state to lead us in this Digital era. With due respect to you Sir, you belong to the Analogue age and therefore, will not fit in as president in this digital era.
This is the blunt truth. Please do not enter the Guinness book of world records on a negative note. Losing four consecutive Presidential election would not augur well for your reputation. It is in your best interest to assume your position as an elder statesman and allow others to serve. Nigeria does not belong to you alone. It belongs to us all. copy and post on your wall let it go round, is time we youth tell our self the truth.
Re: Buhari’s Heart To Heart Message To Nigerians by timilehing(m): 9:55am On Jan 29, 2015
change we desire
Re: Buhari’s Heart To Heart Message To Nigerians by obiZEAL(m): 10:36am On Jan 29, 2015
The peoples General...I have great respect and admiration for this man!
Re: Buhari’s Heart To Heart Message To Nigerians by denko(m): 10:40am On Jan 29, 2015
when will he gives his children time to govern he just greedy

(1) (Reply)

GEJ And The Truth About The Violence Rocking The Nation / Debate Between Jimi Agbaje And Akinwunmi Ambode (lagos State ) / What Will You Do If You Get This Message (must See)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.