Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,110 members, 7,949,817 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:46 PM

Buhari Didn’t Jail Ajasin – Family - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Didn’t Jail Ajasin – Family (1023 Views)

Ezekwesili Never Said Buhari Didn’t Deserve To Be President …what She Said .PIX / Aisha Buhari Didn’t Shut Down Her Abuja Spa (see Pics) - Nigerian Times / Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Didn’t Jail Ajasin – Family by geedeex2(m): 2:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
Buhari didn’t jail Ajasin – Family

Posted by: Damisi Ojo, Akure in News Update 42 mins ago

Contrary to the insinuation by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen Muhammadu Buhari, jailed the first civilian governor of Ondo State, Chief Adekunle Ajasin, his family has said Buhari’s military government only detained the late Afenifere leader and was later released after interrogation.

The family cautioned the PDP to stop using their father’s name to campaign against the APC.

The Ajasin’ family also said they had forgiven Buhari over the arrest of the former governor in 1984.

The family spokesman, Chief Tokunbo Ajasin, who spoke to journalists in Akure on Thursday, maintained that his father had forgiven the former head of state long before his death.

He cautioned politicians, particularly those seeking elective positions to base their campaigns strictly on issues rather than irrelevances.

He said, “It will be totally wrong for anybody to say that Gen. Buhari ‘s government jailed my father. No, that is not correct. It was true that my father was detained under Buhari’s military regime along with other former governors in Nigeria and two panels of inquiry were consequently set-up to look into the allegations against my father and others. But the panels found my father innocent and exonerated him as well.

“What Buhari did then was part of military policies and tradition. Though many Nigerians were not happy with that, but my father had since forgiven Buhari before his demise.

“As far as the issue is concerned, the family of Ajasin had forgiven Buhari as well. Because as Christians we should exhibit the spirit of forgiveness always. The bible says Father forgive us as we forgive those who offend us.”

The former governor’s son said he met Buhari at a function sometime ago where the duo happily embraced each other, indicating that the disagreement was over.

source : http://thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-didnt-jail-ajasin-family/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn’t Jail Ajasin – Family by donphilopus: 2:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
Another PDP's propaganda busted. We need more abeg!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn’t Jail Ajasin – Family by Sibabasibaba1: 2:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
put (someone) in jail.

synonyms: imprison, put in prison, send to prison, incarcerate, lock up, take into custody, put under lock and key, put away, intern, confine, detain, hold prisoner, hold captive, hold, put into detention, constrain, immure, put in chains, put in irons, clap in irons;
Re: Buhari Didn’t Jail Ajasin – Family by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
The narrator of that film is a bad student of English, not knowing the difference between detaining and jailing.
Re: Buhari Didn’t Jail Ajasin – Family by tit(f): 2:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
Na waa ooo.
some people go see black, them go call am white,
just make them fit eat amala.
Re: Buhari Didn’t Jail Ajasin – Family by ndcide(m): 2:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
okay.

But have Lagos APC forgiven Mustapha?

I learned Gov Fash has gone to court on Mustapha's case.

Good thy have forgiven GMB but they shouldn't downplay history coz of politics.
Re: Buhari Didn’t Jail Ajasin – Family by omaiyale: 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
She una son hear.

NEXT.She una son hear.

NEXT.
She una son hear.

NEXT.
Re: Buhari Didn’t Jail Ajasin – Family by laykhorn(m): 2:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
PDP only have one thing they do this days; "They try as much as possible to misconstrue the truth and create Propaganda." Your time is up Pigs.
Time for Change
#GMB/PYO 2015

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Jail Ajasin – Family by laykhorn(m): 2:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
tit:
Na waa ooo.
some people go see black, them go call am white,
just make them fit eat amala.
you think everyone is as dum.b as you are dolt.
Re: Buhari Didn’t Jail Ajasin – Family by thaoriginator: 2:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
laykhorn:
PDP only have one thing they do this days; "They try as much as possible to misconstrue truth and create Propaganda. Your time is up [b]Pigs.
Time for Change
#GMB/PYO 2015 [/b]
Na their name be that.. PDP = Party of Dirty Pigs
Re: Buhari Didn’t Jail Ajasin – Family by laykhorn(m): 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
thaoriginator:
Na their name be that.. PDP = Party of Dirty Pigs
LOL! sometimes I wonder how a well-meaning, right-thinking, good-will hoping, logical reasoning, patriotic citizen of this country will support that party.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn’t Jail Ajasin – Family by thaoriginator: 3:44pm On Jan 29, 2015
laykhorn:

LOL! sometimes I wonder how a well-meaning, right-thinking, good-will hoping, logical reasoning, patriotic citizen of this country will support that party.
I wonder that sh'it too

(1) (Reply)

Why Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate Slated For February 8 / Killing Boko Haram Fighters Has Never Been The Problem! / Jonathan's Transformation Train From Kano To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.