Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,900 members, 7,886,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:18 AM

My Pc Refuses To Be Formated - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Pc Refuses To Be Formated (1162 Views)

How To Recover Files From A Formated Laptop / I Need To Recover Documents On A From A Formated Hard Disk / My Omatek Laptop Loss Sound After I Have Formated It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pc Refuses To Be Formated by phemmy008(m): 11:58am On Dec 27, 2008
Hello Gurus, i tried to format my pc but when i inserted the cd what it displayswas gathering information and
suddenly it disappear and nothing happens embarassed
Re: My Pc Refuses To Be Formated by netotse(m): 11:56pm On Dec 27, 2008
is der something wrong wiv the PC?formatting shld be a last resort. . .if ders something wrong post it here and we might be able to help!
Re: My Pc Refuses To Be Formated by kausikkumaar: 3:47am On Dec 28, 2008
your cd might be corrupted. use another boot cd (like gparted to format the system)
theres a tutorial in my site for gparted
Re: My Pc Refuses To Be Formated by phemmy008(m): 8:40am On Dec 28, 2008
i made use of the cd to format my laptop and it works perfectly, local disk can't be open, it displays encountered a problem
Re: My Pc Refuses To Be Formated by geolabious(m): 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2008
[size=13pt]Are u sure the laptop Cd rom is ok
Are u sure the hard drive is not damage
If yes

Thats mean u didnt choose the cd rom as the first boot device
If u choose hard drive as the first while cd rom as the second
The system can never be formatted[/size]

phemmy008:

i made use of the cd to format my laptop and it works perfectly, local disk can't be open, it displays encountered a problem
[size=13pt]Thats mean the first boot device is the cd rom not the hard disk
Actually its good to put the hard disk first because of the system fast booting[/size]
Re: My Pc Refuses To Be Formated by phemmy008(m): 7:05pm On Dec 30, 2008
What do i do now? if the hard drive is damaged, will the system still be working 'cos i'm still using it but refuses to load
some program like antivirus angry
Re: My Pc Refuses To Be Formated by geolabious(m): 8:27pm On Dec 30, 2008
phemmy008:

What do i do now? if the hard drive is damaged, will the system still be working 'because i'm still using it but refuses to load
some program like antivirus angry
[size=13pt]I don't think the Hard drive is damage
If its damage the system will never boot to the destop home
Maybe some files has been deleted from the windows folder on drive C://

Hav u choose the dvd rom as the first boot device?[/size]
Re: My Pc Refuses To Be Formated by netotse(m): 2:57am On Dec 31, 2008
from his post its like it reaches somewhere and stops, hv u tried removing the drive then formatting it externally?
Re: My Pc Refuses To Be Formated by omoh1213: 11:03am On Jan 02, 2009
pls i need someone to tell me which of the IT certificantion i can do for now
Re: My Pc Refuses To Be Formated by phemmy008(m): 11:40am On Jan 02, 2009
I haven't done that, but i will do that later then i will get back to you shocked
Re: My Pc Refuses To Be Formated by netotse(m): 4:26am On Jan 03, 2009
k, hola bak with d results
Re: My Pc Refuses To Be Formated by phemmy008(m): 11:05am On Jan 07, 2009
Thank you so much, i formatted it xternally and its now working. Please i need a good anti virus cool
Re: My Pc Refuses To Be Formated by netotse(m): 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2009
i use nod32

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Recycler Is Killing My System! / Sony Vaio Vgn-nr110q(core 2 Duo,1gb Ram 160gb Hdd,mem Card,dvd-rw,bad Screen(28k / 95% Of Nigerians Lack Access To Computers, Internet –nbs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.