Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,941 members, 7,969,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:16 PM

Nyertun - A Danish Friend Of Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nyertun - A Danish Friend Of Nigeria (953 Views)

2 Year Old Nigerian Boy Left Starving And Wandering Saved By Danish Lady / Danish Woman Who Rescued Kid Accused Of Witchcraft Share Pics Of Orphanage Life / See How CBN Governor Leaned For Smaila Isa Funtua Personal Friend Of PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nyertun - A Danish Friend Of Nigeria by nyertun(m): 9:26am On Aug 21, 2006
Hi - I'm Soren a danish-born cosmopolitan. I have for many years listened to african music, and with joy remember a King Sunny Ade performance at the Roskilde Festival years ago , I joined this board as I have become interested in Nigeria, since I got a co-worker from there, that has become a good friend of mine.
Re: Nyertun - A Danish Friend Of Nigeria by gigitte(f): 9:34am On Aug 21, 2006
welcome to nairaland!!!!!!

do y'all have danish butter cookies ova dere? cos im feenin for one right now!
Re: Nyertun - A Danish Friend Of Nigeria by nyertun(m): 9:39am On Aug 21, 2006
We sure do - At coffebreaks at work, that's always on the table tongue
Re: Nyertun - A Danish Friend Of Nigeria by gigitte(f): 9:59am On Aug 21, 2006
lol is it those ones in the blue tins with the two layers? cos i heard those werent even danish hehe
but kai now u've made me hungry
so how did u hear of nairaland
Re: Nyertun - A Danish Friend Of Nigeria by nyertun(m): 10:08am On Aug 21, 2006
Yeah I guess you're rigth - actually "danish Buttercookies" is a bluff, they're massproduced, and contains no butter - They get subsidies from the EU, so people in developing countries can buy them cheap, and thus they kill buisness for local producers of sweets --- nahhhh at the coffeetable we often have homebaked stuff, bcoz we have a rule that if someone screws up they have to bring cookies :-) I can find you a recipe, and then you can bake some wink

I heard about Nairaland because I was searching for information about the song "Nigerian Jaga Jaga" - I was helping my friend to put MP3's on her mobilephone, and we were looking for Nigerian music , she really wanted that song, soooo bad , well I finally have found a download, so now I cn give it to her smiley
Re: Nyertun - A Danish Friend Of Nigeria by gigitte(f): 10:12am On Aug 21, 2006
good for you!

well ill be expecting that recipe sam sam so i can make em this week

welcome to Nl, it will make you cry in laughter, shake your fist in anger and frustration, but dont become addicted like me, i've been here all day adn the next
Re: Nyertun - A Danish Friend Of Nigeria by nyertun(m): 10:44am On Aug 21, 2006
Well Well - here ya go - this should make some pretty good "Vaniljekranse" - Can't say I'm all that crazy 'bout the danish cookies though, I prefer "brownies" cheesy

1/2 cup (120 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup (90 g) granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup (150 g) white flour
1 large egg
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp (7.5 ml) baking powder

1 Beat the butter with the sugar.
2 Add the egg and vanilla and beat until you get a uniform mixture.
3 Mix the flour and baking powder and gradually blend them into the mixture. When you're done, you should have a rather sticky dough.
4 Shape the dough into balls, about 1 inch (2 cm) in diameter. Roll them in sugar and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet, leaving about an inch of space between cookies, so that they don't stick together when they expand.
5 Bake in preheated oven at 350F or 175C for 20 minutes.
6 Remove from oven, let them cool for a while, and start eating right away.
Re: Nyertun - A Danish Friend Of Nigeria by iice(f): 12:05pm On Aug 21, 2006
Welcome to NL and Enjoy
Re: Nyertun - A Danish Friend Of Nigeria by nyertun(m): 12:57pm On Aug 21, 2006
Thnx a lot iice - So far I've enjoyed what I've seen around here - some of the discussions are sooooo funny, I think I dig Naija humour a lot grin
At work my friend from Nigeria and I laugh a lot and joke around - some of the others think we're very silly -
Re: Nyertun - A Danish Friend Of Nigeria by iice(f): 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2006
Oh good, you can see why we on the list of happy nations lol, we love to laugh and make fun tongue tongue But it's nice to know you are having fun with your nigerian friend.
Re: Nyertun - A Danish Friend Of Nigeria by nilla(f): 7:04pm On Aug 21, 2006
welcome Nyertun !

Can see your already having fun grin
Re: Nyertun - A Danish Friend Of Nigeria by dominobaby(f): 9:31pm On Aug 23, 2006
Welcome to nairaland and tighten your seat belt for more fun!

(1) (Reply)

New / How Do I Change My Nairaland Username? / I Would Love To Know Your Choice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.