Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,360 members, 7,971,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 07:09 AM

Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri (41636 Views)

Heavy Gunfire In Zaria As Troops Attempt To Arrest Shiite Leader Zakzaky / BREAKING: Boko Haram: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri Again - Daily Post / Scores Feared Dead As Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by myproperty(m): 11:26am On Feb 01, 2015
emeka2847:
Pls read and share.

REVEALED: JONATHAN SECRETLY PLANNING TO HANDOVER TO PDP BACKED MILITARY GOVERNMENT

Credible sources have informed us that top level PDP and army meetings are being held to prepare for a Lt. Gen. Kenneth Minimah-led interim military government if General Buhari wins the elections in two weeks. By most accounts, Buhari/Osinbajo are favored to win in a landslide.

Kenneth Minimah, the Chief of Army staff hails from Bayelsa state.

Jonathan's aides have earlier hinted on this. Read more: http://newsrescue.com/presidency-media-doyin-okupe-aide-threatens-nigeria-war-coup-event-buhari-win/

This report confirms our yesterday report that two army Generals tendered their resignations following the Army Chief telling them about plans for the military to scuttle a transfer to a Buhari/Osinbajo government if they win. Click here to read on this: http://abusidiqu.com/two-army-generals-reportedly-resigns-insistence-army-chief-work-pdp/

Sources say the Jonathan government plans to instigate riots and is planning to use its Niger Delta militant terrorists (Boyloaf, Tompolo, Dokubo and co) to stage attacks that will enable the scuttling of the elections at any stage, before, during and after as all projections show a Buhari/Osinbajo victorious sweep. In this event, the army will appear to suddenly decide to stabilize the country, but this is the ultimate plan being made now, ahead of the incidents.

Read more: http://abusidiqu.com/category/featured-news/

Just take a look at the sources of your news( the two link you gave) those sites are propaganda instruments of a political party, same way the other party also have propaganda sites.
Believing propaganda sites of a political party is to ones detriment. They are all fighting a selfish course but not the Nigerian course

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by ichidodo: 11:29am On Feb 01, 2015
Spydamannn:
I'm thinking BH will Move more men away from the borders to avoid the chadians,NA should remain gallant in Maiduguri
That axis borderin chad,Nigeria, Niger and Cameroun remains the most lucrative arms trafficking route within Saharan Africa..it will be a big blow to BH if they retreat...it is best they cut their losses going southeast towards the hills close to the cameroonian border where they can hide and bide their time but the drawback is that there is no town to raid thus are left in a desperate situation-and now we see why they so need to overrun maiduguri-.It is either fallin back to hills or they face serious trouble from both armies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by InvertedHammer: 11:31am On Feb 01, 2015
loomer:

I STILL DON'T KNOW WHERE THAT STATEMENT IS IN THE BIBLE 'HEAVEN HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES'

LET'S ASSUME YOU'VE GOT A WIFE, 4KIDS AND A BABY AND YOU'VE LIVED ALL YOUR LIFE IN THAT STATE, WHERE WILL YOU GO TO, WHO WILL TAKE YOU IN, HOW WILL U FEED UR FAMILY?

ALL WE NEED NOW IS ASK GOD TO HELP US OVERCOME THIS MENACE.
/
I had a relation who thought as well. He was buried two weeks ago. His wife and four children finally left the city they thought that they could not leave because of their investments.

\
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 01, 2015
ayiddalal:
Helicopters and fighter jets are hovering maiduguri right now.. please let it be the end of boko haram today.

Boko haram came heavily equipped, shelling maiduguri ( exploded close to my house and around).

Very far sound of shelling right nw.

Pictures needed pls
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by bryt40: 11:31am On Feb 01, 2015
Is jux dt sum people in north sold der place 2 bokoharam jux 2 mk sure jona wl nt win 2015.. Weytin d pain mi b say am skulin here in unimaid. E no easy here dz sunday mornin. Pray4 naija nd maid
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by BlackTechnology: 11:32am On Feb 01, 2015
Oceemo:
My country naijja what is happening? When men are ready n eager 2 engage this guys in war d won't allow, 2 recruit instead makes it a political bringing list from here n there corrupting d military making scamers 2 scam gullible Nigerians. When will all this end? Am jst so sad am only jst concern abt d ordinary man in that towjn maiduguri

Spoke my mind

Guys like us who are eager to serve have being denied the opportunity

Anyway sha God dey cool
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by Litmus: 11:33am On Feb 01, 2015
What did people expect. Bokoharam wanted international intervention in Nigeria for that has lead to a situation like Libya, Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan. Many of the forces that will come into Nigeria are forces that help Bokoharam on the sidelines. Remember we're Nigerians even the most objective so called help woulnt half mind if things go wrong for Nigeria.

Here's something that the Nigeria military should consider. If we're willing to humiliate ourselves by accepting outside help why not go one step further. Throw salt on the worm, let's play the devils game like the rest of the world, Skin for skin, yea, invite Chines military officials on the ground in Nigeria. They will come for they would welcome the opportunity to flex.
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by BlackTechnology: 11:34am On Feb 01, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
I had a relation who thought as well. He was buried two weeks ago. His wife and four children finally left the city they thought that they could not leave because of their investments.

\

Fact of life

Stay and die

Leave and live cool
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by loomer: 11:35am On Feb 01, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/

\

IT'S A SAD ONE AND I'M SORRY.

TO ME IT'S NOT JUST THE INVESTMENT, BUT WHERE TO GO, SOME PEOPLE DON'T HAVE RELATIVES OUTSIDE D STATE THE RESIDE.

IF I AM HAUSA MUSLIM AND I LEAVE THE NORTH TO WAT EVER STATE U MAY BE WITH MY WIFE AND KIDS, BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF, WILL U TAKE ME INTO YOUR HOME?

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by Spydamannn(m): 11:36am On Feb 01, 2015
ichidodo:
That axis borderin chad,Nigeria, Niger and Cameroun remains the most lucrative arms trafficking route within Saharan Africa..it will be a big blow to BH if they retreat...it is best they cut their losses going southeast towards the hills close to the cameroonian border where they can hide and strategize but the drawback is that there is no towns to raid.It is either that or they face serious trouble from both armies.
hmmmmm,gospel truth
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by stjudas(m): 11:40am On Feb 01, 2015
Baboons and dogs are being soaked in their blood already.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by AlfaAce(m): 11:42am On Feb 01, 2015
ISLAM IS THE WORST RELIGI0N EVER !,That's What their God forsaken bloodsucker of a prophet told them,To Kill people that aint their reliqi0n...Al qaeda,boko haram,al shabab,ISIS,ISIL e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by yemmynoni: 11:43am On Feb 01, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

wetin concern mbaka for this matter?

boko haram explosion and rev mbaka... How do they relate?

Meanwhile, By Feb 28, a new president would come,
his name is

GENERAL GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN gcfr Ph.D

by then boko haram would become history by God's grace Amen
na like this you be?
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by timmymc(m): 11:46am On Feb 01, 2015
[color=#000000][/color]ησω мү qυεsтιση ιs ωнү ωσυℓ∂ тнε sσυℓs cαℓℓε∂ "ηιgεяιαη αямү" ωιℓℓ αℓωαүs вε ση тнε ∂εғεηsιvε sι∂ε??
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by CHPR: 11:46am On Feb 01, 2015
philips70:

You see why an ardent PDP fan in one other thread described many of you as Nairaland PDP trolls who know not what they are doing neither know what is happening in real life? It's Feb 28th your own Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is winning his Otuoke presidential election innit?
ARE YOU NOT A...

Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by BlackTechnology: 11:49am On Feb 01, 2015
ichidodo:
No guerrilla group has ever fought two fronts successfully in the history of this world...Tchad north....Nigeria south..BH middle....This is the beginning of the end.

Cameroon East

If they converge their forces with Niger striking from the West, BH will find themselves surrounded. cool

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by mayorkyzo: 11:50am On Feb 01, 2015
I think boko haram fighting hard to capture maiduguri is a sign of desperation...they are being attacked from Chad and dey are trying to gain inroads into the major capital far from thw chadian border..and that wud play right into the hands of the nigerian army to slaughter them...God bless Nigeria...
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by InvertedHammer: 11:52am On Feb 01, 2015
loomer:

IT'S A SAD ONE AND I'M SORRY.

TO ME IT'S NOT JUST THE INVESTMENT, BUT WHERE TO GO, SOME PEOPLE DON'T HAVE RELATIVES OUTSIDE D STATE THE RESIDE.

IF I AM HAUSA MUSLIM AND I LEAVE THE NORTH TO WAT EVER STATE U MAY BE WITH MY WIFE AND KIDS, BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF, WILL U TAKE ME INTO YOUR HOME?
/
When there is a will, there is a way.
If you had made any efforts since the mayhem started in Maiduguri years ago, you would have been in a better position now.

No one is praying to be locked in this kind of a situation. But the proactive ones will take preemptive actions to survive.

A popular adage has it that "na only tree go hear say dem wan cut am and stay". Also " a scheduled battle no dey carry cripple head join"

\

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by MansaMoussa: 11:53am On Feb 01, 2015
ichidodo:
No guerrilla group has ever fought two fronts successfully in the history of this world...Tchad north....Nigeria south..BH middle....This is the beginning of the end.

ISIL-Syria and Iraq
Taliban-Pakistan and Afghanistan
MNLF-Phillipines and Malaysia
Al-qaeda-Yemen, Iraq, Syria, etc

Sir!
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by MansaMoussa: 11:53am On Feb 01, 2015
ichidodo:

ISIL-Syria and Iraq
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by invincible007(m): 11:54am On Feb 01, 2015
Mehn...this guys are well armed o...shelling Maiduguri? Hmmm. OMG, please do not allow them to prevail. oh and the number of soldiers that may die in this attack oh God should be very less. may God Bless my country. and I really thank Chad for their commitment. we shall forever remember this help.
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by philips70(m): 12:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
CHPR:
ARE YOU NOT A...

No basket for rotten mangoes. I call on Seun again to create a kid section, will continue calling till this site is rid of idiotic kids like this.
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by kingslly(m): 12:04pm On Feb 01, 2015
Hw is it the president's fault that some group of God forsaken Idiots decided to take up arms against their pple and their Government? U r also forgettn that Boko haram started in 2002 and am sure GEJ easnt the president then,our president then and the subsequent ones allowed Boko haram to soar and gain momentum under their Noses,so i think it'll be so unfair to put the blaim on just one Person who was so unfortunate to be on seat when Boko haram has fully matured
Princecalm:
So bad for the nation, and they will still come to say the president is working.
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by rka1: 12:04pm On Feb 01, 2015
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by rka1: 12:05pm On Feb 01, 2015
Boko Haram Faces Defeat in Borno Border Towns

01 Feb 2015

Gamborou Ngala, Malam Fatori, Michika, may have been captured by Chadian, Cameroonian and Nigerian troops
Senator Iroegbu in Abuja

A major coordinated military onslaught against Boko Haram has commenced. While Chadian and Cameroonian troops are approaching Nigeria from the borders, Nigerian troops are moving northward from inside.

The result is that several towns and villages previously controlled by Boko Haram have been retaken given the new fire power of the Nigerian and Chadian troops.

This may have followed a meeting in N'Djamena last week, THISDAY has learnt.

There is also heavy fighting going on in Gwoza, it is gathered.

Nigerian troops have taken Michika and have surrounded Gulak, while Chadians have surrounded Gwoza. The latest successes recorded have been attributed to the arrival of new arms and the use of special forces.

According to military sources, the plan is to recapture all territories so that people can vote.

The military campaign is being carried out simultaneously by troops from the three countries targeting insurgents’ positions.

Gamborou Ngala and Malam Fatori may have also been recaptured in the ongoing expedition by the troops from the three countries.

Though no official confirmation of the successes recorded has been received from the military, eyewitness accounts of villagers fleeing the battle zone said many towns and villages along that axis were being retaken.

The deadly sect has continued to suffer defeat in recent days following the renewed onslaught by the military to recapture seized towns in the North-east. The Defence Headquarters had on Friday confirmed the recapture of Michika, one of the towns in Adamawa seized by Boko Haram months ago.

The impact of yesterday’s operation was felt in Maiduguri as heavy sound of artillery emanating from the city suburb were heard by residents of the city in the early hours of Saturday. Some of the residents said they heard sound from heavy weapons about 5.30am and that it lasted till about mid-day.

"I heard the first sound. I initially thought it was an explosion but another one followed few minutes later. It continued till about 11.30am," said Malam Ismaila Mohammad, a resident of the city.

The Chadian air force had earlier bombed Gamboru in an effort to drive out Boko Haram militants and allow troops from Chad to enter the northeastern town. Fighter jets then bombed areas around the town, which is located near Lake Chad along the border with Cameroon. The airstrikes by Chadian forces followed similar bombings earlier in the week intended to displace Boko Haram from parts of the country it has overtaken.

The latest onslaught against Boko Haram is coming on the heels of the agreement from regional leaders from Nigeria, Chad, Cameroon and Niger to adopt a coordinated response to the threat posed by the deadly group which has killed about 13,000 people and displaced over one million others.

The military offensive by the three countries marks a new phase in the anti-terror war between Nigeria and its neighbours and may have set Boko Haram on the path of defeat in the captured border towns.
The African Union Peace and Security Council at its 484th meeting, held on January 29 at the level of Heads of State and Government had also adopted a resolution to establish an initial 7,500 troops to combat the Boko Haram insurgents.

The resolution was sequel to a proposal presented to the council by countries in the Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) and the Republic of Benin.

The LCBC countries - Nigeria, Cameroon, Niger and Chad - made the proposal for the continent to raise troops that could defeat the terrorist group currently expanding to borders of Cameroon and Chad.

But military authorities have said that they were yet to get the technical details of the African Union (AU) endorsed plan for a regional task force of 7,500 troops to fight the Boko Haram terrorists in Northeastern Nigeria.

According to a top military source, the decision is still at the political level and is yet to get the technical input of the military planners, especially the Nigerian security forces to determine the term of its operation.

The source said that military had not decided if the proposed force will hold territory or be actively involved in combat operations against the Islamists.

"The issues of AU mission is still a political one, that is why you see that nobody is speaking to you from the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) .

"They cannot comment on it because the military is yet to be fully briefed, and it will remain so until the technical details are worked out and endorsed by our own government. It is then we can begin to operate on that basis", the source said.

It could be recalled that the AU leaders during the Peace and Security Council (PSC) meeting last week agreed to raise a force of 7,500 to bring to an end the activities of Boko Haram.

The meeting presided over by President Alpha Conde of Guinea, said the effort would end the militants, who recently expanded their attacks to the borders of Lake Chad region of Cameroon, Chad and Niger.

According to the report by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Nigeria, Cameroon, Niger, Chad and Benin had earlier in the month requested the AU to seek UN Security Council’s mandate for their plan to take on insurgents who are allegedly fighting to create an Islamic state in northern Nigeria.

The AU commissioner for Peace and Security Council, Mr. Smail Chergui,told reporters on the sidelines of an African summit in Addis Ababa shortly after the meeting: “We are thinking of a force of 7,500 women and men which will be submitted to the U.N. Security Council for approval.’’

Chergui hoped that the concept of the force would be better organised and “we can achieve the goal that we are looking for to really stop the killings and these barbaric acts of Boko Haram.’’

He said the African group would meet in Cameroon early February “to draw up a concept of operations and strategy, rules of engagement, command and control, and related issues.’’

According to the arrangement, each of the five nations would contribute a battalion with each contingent to base within its national borders, with operations to be coordinated from Chad.

The report also noted that the endorsement is expected to be ratified at the AU Assembly of Heads of State and Government scheduled for Friday morning at the Union headquarters in Addis Ababa.

Meanwhile, the Director of Defence Information (DDI), Maj-Gen. Chris Olukolade, while responding to THISDAY inquiries, said the issues will be handled by the relevant authorities and would be communicated accordingly.

Olukolade however assured that the existing arrangement with the Mulitnational Joint Task Force (MTJF) involving Nigerian, Chadian, Camerounian and Nigerien troops will continue their offensive to liberate the territories held by Boko Haram

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
bruno419:
Abokis killing themselves since the days of buhari
half educated ignoramus. .no problem now..Under your brother Chad is defeating boko haram on Nigeria soil..nigeria do become example on how not run a nation.under your brother nigeria has become a failure with capital f..you think it's just a northern problem...report say that amongst boko fighters there were white skinned fighters who are more vicious than the Nigerian boko haram and they were the ones who killed more and indiscriminately.sit down there dey claim local champion if you no know say isis Don enter nigeria..
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by yoged(m): 12:12pm On Feb 01, 2015
ednut1:
hv watched many BH video on der bikes hilux nd tanks travelling. why not jst nuke dem all . spy der hideouts nuke dem too. dem d ground forces comb out d rest living among pple. it is well
you fit volunteer yourself nah
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by Jokay07(m): 12:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
Picture or.,............
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by kingslly(m): 12:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
GMB must not be the president before he renders any help to his pple.FEC meetings is where he shuld have bin making his contirbutions towards making nigeria a better place but he doesnt have his country at heart,just take a look at America where all d past presidents backs whoever is the current president,where the past presidents make great contributions to the country and whoever is in charge but our own case is different and instead the opposite.
spott:
May God be with your people of Maiduguri in this difficult time which will soon end come May 29th 2015.

Will we massively vote out the "I will do" President and bring in the more experience man of the people - Buhari to combat these terrorists.

FACT:
Buhari went to the United States Army War College and attended Officer's Cadet School in Aldershot (United Kingdom) in October 1963 and the Defence Services' Staff College, Wellington (India) in 1973.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by saqo(m): 12:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
MansaMoussa:

ISIL-Syria and Iraq
Are you an historian? Your moniker says it .
Re: Boko Haram: Explosions, Heavy Gunfire Rock Maiduguri by aminu150(m): 12:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
Video of Civilian JTF going to confront BH today
https://m.facebook.com/video_redirect/?src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-video-h-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhvideo-ak-xfp1%2Fv%2Ft42.1790-2%2F10949997_10204820213539189_572995968_n.mp4%3Foh%3D0f9dac5431c7df2689ee0f2bb2df6970%26oe%3D54CE22A5%26__gda__%3D1422797950_5816e40a0ff50f0be90fd2f863a0825b&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6110830056190671198%3Amf_story_key.8252022789051731167&__tn__=F

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

El-Rufai, APC Stakeholders Wade In As Mass Defections Rock Northern States / "Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail Conditions Too Stringent" – Ikedife, Amechi / INEC Office Set Ablaze In Rivers State (SEE PHOTOS)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.