Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,792 members, 7,889,581 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:44 PM

Ur Flop Of The Year (sports Person) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ur Flop Of The Year (sports Person) (648 Views)

Keshi Is Most 'googled' Sports Person / Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans / Most Honourable Nairaland Sports Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ur Flop Of The Year (sports Person) by topeorekoy(m): 9:52am On Dec 29, 2008
mine has to be nigerian olusoji fasuba ( performing woefully at the Olympics), the falcons for messing up at the nations' cup
Re: Ur Flop Of The Year (sports Person) by chyk91(m): 1:00am On Dec 30, 2008
fasuba, this guy was a big flop at the olympics, he did not even reach the finals.
Re: Ur Flop Of The Year (sports Person) by topeorekoy(m): 10:46am On Dec 30, 2008
Before the Olympics, with Fasuba's impressive performance in the indoor meet. one expected him to be on the medal list but he never made it to the finals. i was sooooooooooooooooo disappointed
Re: Ur Flop Of The Year (sports Person) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 30, 2008
True.
Fasuba made mouth.
If the guy likes,let him decamp to another country,as he has been threatening.
Fake dude.
He deserves the title
Re: Ur Flop Of The Year (sports Person) by Ibime(m): 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2008
Make una leave the guy jare. Did Ministry of sports provide adequate training facilities and training time for him, talkless of proper coaches? 100m training is not something you do haphazardly, when the rest of the world are training properly with strong scientific input.

The problems with all our athletes in Beijing was simple - they all started well but faded in the last 30-40 metres. That is simply due to lack of 'speed endurance' training, where athletes are trained to maintain their topspeed over longer distances. That kind of training requires significant monetary and technical input.
Re: Ur Flop Of The Year (sports Person) by topeorekoy(m): 7:40am On Dec 31, 2008
Ibime:

Make una leave the guy jare. Did Ministry of sports provide adequate training facilities and training time for him, talkless of proper coaches? 100m training is not something you do haphazardly, when the rest of the world are training properly with strong scientific input.

The problems with all our athletes in Beijing was simple - they all started well but faded in the last 30-40 metres. That is simply due to lack of 'speed endurance' training, where athletes are trained to maintain their topspeed over longer distances. That kind of training requires significant monetary and technical input.

please who provided training facilities for him when he won his meets? did he train in nigeria to win those events?
Re: Ur Flop Of The Year (sports Person) by PoDeep(m): 7:50am On Dec 31, 2008
Samuel Peters: for getting RAPED by da german giant after being hyped by Don King & after boasting & sh!t.
Re: Ur Flop Of The Year (sports Person) by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 31, 2008
Ibime,
Mary Onyali and Chioma Ajunwa never trained with facilities provided by Sports Ministry but they won medals at the Olympics.
I get your point:the ministry should provide some backing for athletes.
But when you think about the afore-mentioned athletes,he has no excuse,and he shouldn't even try using it as one.Most athletes in the country got training grants and athletics scholarships from universities abroad.Whyy wasn't he smart enough to do same?

He made a lot of noise,saying he was going to decamp and all that.He made us believe he was a medal hopeful in the 100m.
He is a BIG FLOP
Re: Ur Flop Of The Year (sports Person) by Andy1985ng(m): 4:19pm On Dec 31, 2008
Nigerian sports, i'd give it to Samuel Peters,
Worldwide, i don't know, i'd give it to Quaresma. He is a flop in Inter Milan.

(1) (Reply)

Siasia Or Any Other One Should Take Those Boys To Egpty / Lest We Lose In Egypt:goodbye Bosso / Professionals Wanted In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.