Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,443 members, 7,917,362 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 01:50 AM

Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month (8892 Views)

Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education / France Cancels Transit Visa For Nigerian Passengers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by walcolm(m): 1:49pm On Jan 15, 2009
@nemeziz9ja,

if you are going to call people out, you have to come clean on your ulterior motive! are you calling people out because you were refused entry or you are calling people out because you are a freedom fighter grin.

the UK consulate is not under any obligation to grant any particular person entry visa into the UK. they state clearly that the visa fee is non-refundable and paying the fee is not a guarantee that you will be granted and entry visa. so, if those terms are not good for you, then dont apply.

i have been refused an entry visa in the past (2005),  i didnt bother to appeal the decision and i have not had the cause to re-apply for a UK since. i have travelled to several other countries after that. going to the UK was not a do or die affair for me so i was not bothered.

if the treatment they give people at their office is poor, it's mostly because those people who feel they have to travel to the UK at all cost, have no business going to there, they are just going there to become a burden to other people's govt, they go to the consular office to disrespect themselves and carry themselves with no dignity. at the end of the day, they get to the UK and ', live like a dog in the city, '

granted, there are people who ought to have been given visa but are refused but i believe more than 80% of those who are refused, should have been refused cause they have no business going to the UK. and the reason why it bites these people and they make so much noise is because they spend huge amounts of money, paying middlemen to help them get fake passports and process visa whereas, if they spend that money to do something with their life, no matter how small, their life will move forward.

you can imagine someone hustling up 500k to give to someone to help them process Uk visa! that's insane. it cost less than 20k to get a new passport and 16,500 to pay for a UK visa and attend the interview but peoplea are still dumb enough to pay so much money to middlemen and when they are refused they start blaming the UK consulate rather than blaming the person who collected the money from them and did not deliver the goods
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 15, 2009
^^^ The most sensible reply so far, thanks brother.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by Kaestro(m): 2:24pm On Jan 15, 2009
@ poster perhaps you can start with a petition stating your grieviances and the shortcomings of the office, this could be hosted on a website and forwarded to people for signage.The amount of signatures you get will give you an idea of how many people are willing to boycott the process.Then you may take it from there.
Truth be told these visa offices take the mick though,but I see that as part of the fundamentals of human existence.Life is bias and unfair.A simple example is the children being murdered in Gaza right now. They didn't ask for it.So I'd suggest we just accept the things we can't change.Sad I know.
I love your courage and expression though.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by texazzpete(m): 2:46pm On Jan 15, 2009
Why are you people treating this fellow with Kid gloves? he didn't even bother to state the circumstance behind his being denied a Visa before he's calling for a boycott.
As i speak, an old friend of mine is going out for her Masters in scotland. So all the hundreds of Nigerians applying for study visa, they should stay away because a rabble rouser asked them to, abi?

Most people applying for the UK Visa fail to make a compelling case on why the Visa should be given to them. Given the sheer amout of forged documents that turn up with applicants, there's no surprise that they apply some form of Zero Tolerance to the process.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by BAC: 2:56pm On Jan 15, 2009
Ummm!!!! Boycott The UK VISA?

It can't work. People that have not travelled before think UK is making a lot abroad. You  cannot compare that to what they are making here in the UK men,
There is a guy in the UK called "TaxMan" his website is www.hmrc.gov.uk  he collected 41% from my earning and he even wants me to pay for all the money I make in my own country Nigeria. And out of the 59% left, he collect 17.5% - 15% on almost everthing i buy. including toilet roll. Then I have to pay him  everytime I drive to town(Congestion charge). Then for each building I own he charges me Council tax. If I buy TV he collect Licence fee. He is not asking me for money to collect my rubbish per bag, The list goes on. Any other incomes for directorship, share sale, inheritance etc has to be paid to him by 31st Jan every year. If you are let to pay they charge you £100 and then Intrest until you pay. If you don't pay you go to Jail.

But if God wants you to be here. No one can stop you, even the Queen.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by ayobase(m): 3:15pm On Jan 15, 2009
@Nemeziz9ja
    I really grabbed ur pointS,but
    it saddens that some wouldnt reason
    with u.and thanks to those who have
    controversially understood.

I remember about last 3 yrs when I was
processing a school in West London.
already paid all the required fees from the school
gotten my original certificates and every every

then to the the embassy to apply,
after 1 relaxing confident month
I was turned down.
Why?they were not sure if I was really
going to school there!!!

Yes,their response is understanding and still,
because some can easily go to the school
and claim refund of every money paid.

but why cant they also have regulating bodies
in all international schools over there to regulate
some misbehaviours.

atleast,the made up to 190m pounds
there shouldnt be problem paying
regulating bodies for schooling in UK.

I never tried the secomd time,
thanks,my money was refunded.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by sherrylo: 3:22pm On Jan 15, 2009
boycott UK visa? can't work!.
@ ayobase you can't get the visa and go to the school to claim your money back! They need the original refusal letter to make any refund.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by Mkpe: 3:25pm On Jan 15, 2009
hi, lets boycott uk visa application,
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by BOSS7: 3:38pm On Jan 15, 2009
[center]
"Some call it Nigeria, others call it Naija but I call it NONSENSE"[/center]

This is a funny post people, just look at the signature of the poster (above) and see why he posted the request.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by debosky(m): 3:51pm On Jan 15, 2009
There are issues regarding visa issuance - West Africa (principally Nigeria) has the highest refusal rate worldwide - either the officials are being unduly harsh or there are genuine issues regarding the nature of the applications. Either due to fraud, unsuitable nature of applications or some other reason.

I'd advise a wise/reasonable person to do a study on this and come up with proposals. grin
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by maedan(f): 4:12pm On Jan 15, 2009
If the boycott was possible, i'd have backed it 100%, but since such a mass action just can't happen, I'd only advise: aspiring visitors, students etc to the UK should take a break from applying for some months. The British economy is undergoing a serious crunch - everyone's in a bad mood. I totally agree that the UK VACs act like they've hit a goldmine with us, let them chop n quench. We have our ways of payback . . . wink
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by gbuo(m): 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2009
My Peolpe, untill we begin to believe in our selves and make the required sacrificies to build our country, the developed world will continue to treat us as liabilities, not just UK, look at what thousands of people go through in the quest for Chinese visa, the story is the same. We prefer to run from our shadows, and the truth remains that only Nigerians can fix Nigeria, no foriegn interest however powerful can do it for us. Let me ask a simple question, the guy asking for a boycott, will he be asking for the boycott if he was granted an entry to UK, let us not be fighting for the wrong reasons, if you are denied a visa think of ways of proving to them that you can be without going to UK chikina,
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by felifeli: 4:45pm On Jan 15, 2009
BAC:

It can't work. People that have not travelled before think UK is making a lot abroad. You  cannot compare that to what they are making here in the UK men,  
There is a guy in the UK called "TaxMan" his website is www.hmrc.gov.uk  he collected 41% from my earning and he even wants me to pay for all the money I make in my own country Nigeria. And out of the 59% left, he collect 17.5% - 15% on almost everthing i buy. including toilet roll. Then I have to pay him  everytime I drive to town(Congestion charge). Then for each building I own he charges me Council tax. If I buy TV he collect Licence fee. He is not asking me for money to collect my rubbish per bag,  The list goes on. Any other incomes for directorship, share sale, inheritance etc has to be paid to him by 31st Jan every year. If you are let to pay they charge you £100 and then Intrest until you pay. If you don't pay you go to Jail.

People just can never get it . Come home and try and explain to them and they'll ask you if you have been deported  grin
That's why there are so many outside there wondering what manner of evil purpose brought them to UK in the first place but ashamed to return home . I think it is good to travel anyway; see the world and learn some new things even if the hard way.

@poster
Boycott is the wrong thing to do if you intend to do maximum harm. I play a neat manipulating trick on my obstinate friends (especially girls) and when I want them to do something I hint that they should do the opposite and wallahi  they begin to do exactly what I actually want them to do. Don't ask for a boycott  PROMOTE UK TRAVEL with all your energy  and people (especially Nairalanders) will be suspiciously wondering what is in it for you . He! he! he!   grin grin grin

Suggested Advertisement :
CALL POSTER TO GET YOUR FREE UK TRAVEL VISA AND TICKET . COME ONE COME ALL !! 0801007419
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by hbrednic: 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2009
BAC:

It can't work. People that have not travelled before think UK is making a lot abroad. You cannot compare that to what they are making here in the UK men,
There is a guy in the UK called "TaxMan" his website is www.hmrc.gov.uk he collected 41% from my earning and he even wants me to pay for all the money I make in my own country Nigeria. And out of the 59% left, he collect 17.5% - 15% on almost everthing i buy. including toilet roll. Then I have to pay him everytime I drive to town(Congestion charge). Then for each building I own he charges me Council tax. If I buy TV he collect Licence fee. He is not asking me for money to collect my rubbish per bag, The list goes on. Any other incomes for directorship, share sale, inheritance etc has to be paid to him by 31st Jan every year. If you are let to pay they charge you £100 and then Intrest until you pay. If you don't pay you go to Jail.

the TAXMAN must be happy having you as a friend grin grin grin
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by amaikama(m): 5:20pm On Jan 15, 2009
What i really find very disheartening abot n9ja is that they don't stick to what they preach now and then. These people don't care a hoot about you, if ever they do is your money they are after not your physical self. Its nigerians that made uk what is it today. if we truely want to boycot this thing, let do it sincerely and watch them, they will come begging nigerians to come to uk for hollidays. Hunger go kill them if them no see nigerians for their country.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by AngieFan(f): 5:46pm On Jan 15, 2009
amaikama:

What i really find very disheartening abot n9ja is that they don't stick to what they preach now and then. These people don't care a hoot about you, if ever they do is your money they are after not your physical self. [size=20pt]Its nigerians that made uk what is it today.[/size] if we truely want to boycot this thing, let do it sincerely and watch them, they will come begging nigerians to come to uk for hollidays. Hunger go kill them if them no see nigerians for their country.

LOL! The sheer arrogance of some Nigerians and you wonder why your not taken seriously at the Embassy.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by MrCrackles(m): 5:51pm On Jan 15, 2009
amaikama:

Its nigerians that made uk what is it today.

You must be daft, i mean superdaft for the above comment!

How can you tell me Nigeria made UK what it is today yet the same bloody Nigerians made what Nigeria is today?

Are you blind to note that the Nigeria pale in comparison to the UK?
undecided
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by felifeli: 6:29pm On Jan 15, 2009
AngieFan:

LOL! The sheer arrogance of some Nigerians and you wonder why your not taken seriously at the Embassy.

Why do you always precede every comment with LOL ? Is that your own juju ? The thing no go catch me you don miss road  grin

Now everybody hold your correct  change sense, pocket your bad temperament , no fighting and dress well for the other passengers in this bus  grin grin
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by kkulaja(m): 7:08pm On Jan 15, 2009
I can see you all are writting all sorts on this forum,But to be honest i see reasons with the author of this. UK embassies are making far too much from Nigerians and if we dont develop our mentallity from the idea it has always been that (You cannot make it until you travel out of Nigerian) then we will continue suffering from this extortion.The problems i see here is the average nigerian mentallity which makes them go extra lenght to submitting fake documents in the aim of acquiring a visa OR paying exhorbitant amount to acquire this visas.They are the ones that colonise us and we should even have it as visa free to UK.think of it some countries with visa free to UK do they find it a bed of roses.We are far better than UK for now and if we do not realise this we will continue sinking.
Realise yourselves and try to make the best of you here than the idea that you will make it in UK cos you might just never do.A lizard in Nigeria cannot turn a crocodile in UK
Im in support of this and if the embassies realise we have woken up believe me they will be more considerate on the visa issuance.UK is not a bed of roses, you will realise you have to struggle to make a living sometimes even on credit .While here you can acquire your properties all to urself without credit.Black man know yourself.If the visa become free,average nigerians after going there will come back home to start a hardworking life and those stranded there will come home and realise its not just worth it after all.the logic the ambassadors are using especially on nigerians is to make the visas a hard to get thing so ur eyes will not be off it/Think about it.from experience.(BLACK MAN KNOW YOURSELF)
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by ogbronx(m): 7:35pm On Jan 15, 2009
black people have a very serious problem.this guy suggested something and for that you want to hang him.no common front and ideology.we are the first to kill a brother before a foreigner.i really pity the nature of blacks
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by dawoyo(m): 7:46pm On Jan 15, 2009
My brother, i feel you but as you know we nigerians will always say OYO and i doubt if this will ever work but i think it's worth a very good shot.

[sub][/sub]shakes his head and walks away
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by duduspace(m): 7:56pm On Jan 15, 2009
Chei, confused Nigerians don come again o, let me take you down memory lane some years back to 2005/2006 when a certain embassy in Nigeria decided to stop processing applications from first time travellers from Nigeria within a certain age range; who complained and almost demonstrated in protest? whose government asked that home nations ambassador to reconsider that directive?
If you can answer these questions truthfully, then you will realise why this post is an exercise in futility.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by danedrol: 8:03pm On Jan 15, 2009
This thread is not about hanging the Poster
or Confused Nigerians.

How practical is a boycott?
The guys we are calling on to boycott
do they see the need for this?
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by texazzpete(m): 8:03pm On Jan 15, 2009
ogbronx:

black people have a very serious problem.this guy suggested something and for that you want to hang him.no common front and ideology.we are the first to kill a brother before a foreigner.i really pity the nature of blacks

Don't be daft. Are we to join in a boycott simply because a fellow black man calls for it?
People with proper documents and a compelling reason for going to the UK are given Visas. They know legal visitors from Nigeria contribute to the UK economy.

Instead of directing your anger at the UK embassy, why not have the courage to direct your anger at the Nigerians who flock there with outrageously forged documents from Oluwole, the Nigerians that managed to get over there with fake papers, the ones that went under seemingly legit purposes and then absconded. many of these Nigerians have only served to give an extremely bad impression of Nigerians in the minds of many people in Europe.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by felifeli: 8:15pm On Jan 15, 2009
texazzpete:

Don't be daft. Are we to join in a boycott simply because a fellow black man calls for it?
People with proper documents and a compelling reason for going to the UK are given Visas. They know legal visitors from Nigeria contribute to the UK economy.

Instead of directing your anger at the UK embassy, why not have the courage to direct your anger at the Nigerians who flock there with outrageously forged documents from Oluwole, the Nigerians that managed to get over there with fake papers, the ones that went under seemingly legit purposes and then absconded. many of these Nigerians have only served to give an extremely bad impression of Nigerians in the minds of many people in Europe.

Oluwole ke ? Bros  he don tay wey you leave Nigeria  [certainly]
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by silviaad(m): 8:50pm On Jan 15, 2009
Sorry we dont give visa today come the next three months.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by ohaechesi(m): 9:00pm On Jan 15, 2009
Boycott ko, boycott ni!!. Oya boycott pupil from taking WAEC or JAMB, u know what i mean grin grin
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by toksdam(m): 9:14pm On Jan 15, 2009
the imperial lion comes with different faces,a boycot wouldnt do the magic,we need to take it there to their doors in lagos or Abuja, you have my hands and legs for keeps on this one,this guys came in here without visas, now they come to hama here for people to go over and do a few things,there is more to this matter.lets do it @ poster
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by rheel: 10:21pm On Jan 15, 2009
Bronx dog why,after all na your brother whats the diffrence between a dog and a goat
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by kkulaja(m): 10:55pm On Jan 15, 2009
Over staying happens in every country and most frequent travellers cannot claim innocent of this.it is just the average nigerian mentallity that needs to be changed and see the good thing in their country.i tell you britains are not happy people.Nigerians are sad people because they never thought of the people without jobs,if (GIRO. british allowance) is being provided for the jobless ones . i think Nigerians will be happier people all over the world. Imagine Ribadu seeking assylum in the UK afterall chai na wa o shey na becos of GIRO lol abi im want to do security jobs afterwards hmmm.Leaders lets look inwards at what we have and make the best use of it. i bet you UK will make nigeria a visa free country. Lets learn to develop ourselves here and hope in God with strong faith and ideas  to work on.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by kkulaja(m): 11:31pm On Jan 15, 2009
Why the debate on UK sef is American embassy not worse abi dem don pursue Nigerians away from their list of applicants make una enlighten me o
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by websmillio(m): 1:19am On Jan 16, 2009
Hi,
Don't you understand they are making money from those visa applicants?
This is one of the main source of income for the UK immigration Dept.
Education, another of their major income, where foreign students are paying to them.
Tourism, another source of income.
They are not going to issue visas to each and every person, just because they applied for it.
They screen them to find out who are genuine visitor, student or professional to work there.
So don't go for boycotting, insted stand out side and check the new applicants application forms and advice them whether they will accepted for the visa or not, if you know the trade.
Source: http://uk.bbsnetting.com/UK/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Peace Begins Flight Operations To London March 30 / Nigerians In North Cyprus Should I? / Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.