Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,930 members, 7,893,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 11:57 AM

Who Is Really The Best Player In The World - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Who Is Really The Best Player In The World (2573 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Named UEFA's Best Player For 2013/2014 / Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 / Andres Iniesta 2012 UEFA Best Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by binhozie(m): 4:02pm On Dec 29, 2008
does hot favourite c ronaldo actually deserve to b named world footballer of the year in a year as winger he scored 42 goals for winger but even wayne rooney had more assists than him he missed 2 crucial penalties enroute to champions league victory and was always absent in big matches.and heard a terribly dissapointing euro. lionel messi who finished last season with 11 league goals was injured 6weeks twice second higest goals scorer in championsleague with 6 missed 3 key matches due to injury olympic winner joint higest goal scorer inthe champions league this season with 5 joint highest assist this season. 10 goals in la liga out of 16 matches. a classy goal in a big match el classico.fernando torres 26 goals in his first season in the premiership very average euro with only a goal but some good assist thou. david villa highest goal scorer in euro and 12 goals in laliga this season was disapointing in the 2 big matches he has played this season against barcelona and real madrid spains highest goal scorer in world cup qualifiers iker casilias won laliga lat year captain spain to euro glory but disssapointing start to this seasson conceded a basket full of goals xavi hernandes best player in euros joint highest asisst in the champions league this year
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by Jascobee: 5:42pm On Dec 29, 2008
LUIS BOA MORTE of WESTHAM. grin WHAT AN EXCEPTIONAL TALENT
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by Okanran(m): 12:37pm On Dec 30, 2008
@ Topic: Lionel Messi Dat guy na pure bred Lion 4 box "18"
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by Walexdinho(m): 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2008
Lionel Messi {ijaya},lion no mercy.My favorite world best player. U are 2much.
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by Jarus(m): 5:23pm On Dec 31, 2008
I personally believe Messi is the best player in the world right now, but I think C. Ronaldo had a better year. I see CR7 wiining WPOY.
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by Jarus(m): 5:24pm On Dec 31, 2008
I personally believe Messi is the best player in the world right now, but I think C. Ronaldo had a better year. I see CR7 winning WPOY.
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by dayokanu(m): 5:52pm On Dec 31, 2008
Messi without a doubt
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by Encomium(m): 4:30pm On Jan 01, 2009
Christiano Ronaldo ofcourse!!!
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by montelik(m): 4:59pm On Jan 01, 2009
my guy your comparison is very imbalanced.i mean u highlighted all of messi achievements both minor and major while making excuses or ignoring his failings.meanwhile u seemingly dismiss all ronaldo achieved last season.seriously u say 42 GOALS as if its a common occurrence in today's European leagues.i hope u aren't just repeating what some "haters" say.i mean how can u say ronaldo disappeared in all the big games last season.i mean he scored against all but 2 premier league sides united faced last season (including home & away against arsenal and at home to Liverpool).highest goalscorer in the champions league with goals in both the group stages (i.e smaller teams) and knockout rounds (i.e bigger teams) not to mention the champions league final.he had a below par euro 2004.but he still managed 1 goal and 2 assists.besides if u accept messi's injuries as an excuse then u should know ronaldo was carrying an ankle injury for the final month of last season which he played with at the euros.
the truths is whether its because other players didn't really perform last season for whatever reasons or because u haven't lost perspective like some football fans.there is no denying that ronaldo more than deserve to be world footballer of the year.whether he will win it remains to be seen.
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by binhozie(m): 6:00pm On Jan 02, 2009
brosĀ  na wah oh na just hw i dey see am sha or did i miss out any thing messi was very unfortunate last season its realistic to say he was playing for the wrong team last season if he was playing for d team that won the champions league he would be world best no contest 42 goals including championsleague league and fa cup goals is not just enough to be world best luca toni scored 34 in only league 2 seasons ago and he didnt even get a nomination C ronaldo is the likely winner thou
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by Walexdinho(m): 8:26pm On Jan 02, 2009
Messi is the best, no comment
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by kayality: 3:41am On Jan 03, 2009
No comment chairman messi Na baba for now no doubt
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by dayokanu(m): 10:30am On Jan 03, 2009
The euro is the biggest tournament of 2008 that CR7 took part in and he was WOEFUL. He played in Moscow in late May how did he now become so injured at the Euros in June?

This year alone He played against top teams like Italy, Germany and Brazil but coincidentally, these injury manifested in these top games while he was able to shine againt Stoke city and Kazakhstan

The man who scored 2 goals against Stoke City was the worst player few days later in Rio against the Brazilian team

Leo Messi missed several months with injuries and he has recovered to a blistering form winning the Olypics ans scoring almost 20 goals in the first 4 months of the season. He is the best
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by akinalabi(m): 1:35pm On Jan 03, 2009
Let FIFA decide. . .
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by Sauron1: 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2009
akinalabi:

Let FIFA decide. . .

Let FIFA decide and award Messi who is yet to win a club medal for Barcelona.
He has been useless since Ronaldinho, Etoo and Guily won UEFA/La Liga in 2006. grin
What has Messi won since he joined Barcelona? N-O-T-H-I-N-G.
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by akinalabi(m): 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2009
FIFA is not stupid even though Blatter remians the president.

We all know who's going to win it.
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Jan 03, 2009
Let FIFA decide and award Messi who is yet to win a club medal for Barcelona.
He has been useless since Ronaldinho, Etoo and Guily won UEFA/La Liga in 2006.
What has Messi won since he joined Barcelona? N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

What club medal did Weah in 1995 Dinho win in 2004 to win the FIFA awards
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by dayokanu(m): 6:28am On Jan 07, 2009
El Mesias (Lionel Messi) grabbed a hat trick at the vicente calderon last night and was heralded by a standing ovation when he stepped out of the field by the crowd and Diego Maradona himself.

Messi is the best in the world.
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by tkb417(m): 5:05pm On Jan 07, 2009
El Mesias (Lionel Messi) grabbed a hat trick at the vicente calderon last night and was heralded by a standing ovation when he stepped out of the field by the crowd and Diego Maradona himself.

Messi is the best in the world.

and so? maybe FIFA are not seeing all the ovation/ariwo people are giving. or are u saying they are blind in FIFA?
please send them the clips so they can remember to make him the world best.

even if u use juju, messi wont win.
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by Grizzly(m): 10:05pm On Jan 07, 2009
Binhozie ur FAGBO!
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by binhozie(m): 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2009
sep nna gi dia dis post is for highly intelligent people not owo's like u hw far i dey fall in on 10th oh send me mary ann number
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by suprted(m): 3:56am On Jan 09, 2009
Xavi is probably the best player in the world at this time. but he will never get the accolades he deserves.
Re: Who Is Really The Best Player In The World by akinalabi(m): 9:59pm On Jan 12, 2009
akinalabi:

FIFA is not stupid even though Blatter remians the president.

We all know who's going to win it.

Not a surprise to anyone who the best is.

(1) (Reply)

It Is Not Man U, It Is Man Utd. / UCL: Lyon Vs Real Madrid (0 - 2) On November 2nd 2011 / UEFA Champions League Draw Today At 5:45pm!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.