Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,622 members, 7,979,105 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 08:30 PM

A Wake Up Call Dear Nairalanders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Wake Up Call Dear Nairalanders (589 Views)

Buhari’s Statement On Aisha Is A Wake Up Call For Women – Senator Olujimi / Breaking News In Niger Delta: A Wake Up Call To Ex-agitators/niger-delta Youths / Time Is Now, Igbos Wake Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Wake Up Call Dear Nairalanders by DebateNigeria: 9:44am On Feb 03, 2015
THis message is addressed to all Nairalanders but to SEUN and all the super mods in particular.
As interesting and intense as this electioneering period has been, it has put Nigeria on an edge, like a time bomb.
While I support freedom of information %100, I will not support freedom of misinformation. Nigeria's social Media is plagued with all sorts of misinformation today geared towards achieving one purpose, to heat up the polity and cause chaos. The funniest thing is that those perpetuating these instigations are not even resident in Nigeria, they throw all sort at us from the comfort of their homes abroad. When the chips are down, these individuals will not feel the heat.
My suggestions:
1. No article or news should make front page if the news is a rumour, eg, "an anonymous source who confided in us", "a military man who refused not to be named", "one of the northern or southern governors" etc
2. Any news or article promoting sectionalism, tribalism or having a religious bias. Let us not help them promote their hidden agenda. Eg, Niger delta Militants threatens Danjuma, ACF warns Niger Delta Militants... All of these will incite hatred amongst the different ethnic groups.
3. No article from any social media site or person who has a reputation for spreading lies and carrying falsehood should make front page.
4. Investigative journalism, and constructive critical articles or opinions should be encouraged, and from those with a good reputation and integrity, eg, Barcanista and Sincere9gerian. Those who don't have respect for the opinions of others, who are intolerant and abusive should be giving a very lengthy ban, if they create another moniker and it is known, that moniker should be made to suffer the same fate.

Dear Nairalanders, we can add more suggestions, so Seun and nairaland can contribute to the unity of our country and not its division. I beleive oga seun is open to suggestions.

War is not and never the best way to go. I look forward to a United Nigeria, where my daughter from Ogun can marry a sokoto man and settle down in Enugu. This is possible, not with all the kind of lies and hatred currently being peddled by those who hate this country, those whose ulterior motive is to instigate us against our own nation and heritage.

Long live Nairaland,
long live Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: A Wake Up Call Dear Nairalanders by Elslim: 9:45am On Feb 03, 2015
True talk

1 Like

Re: A Wake Up Call Dear Nairalanders by DebateNigeria: 8:20pm On Feb 03, 2015
Elslim:
True talk
Yea

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Evolving Politically / Nigerian Elections; Of Sideshows And Carnival Barkers / Re; Igbos Denied Voters Card In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.