Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,816 members, 7,918,632 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 01:02 PM

Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest (1521 Views)

Toyota FV2 Futuristic Vehicle Doesn’t Use Steering Wheel / My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil / How A Mechanic Made A Nigerian Woman Drive With A Missing Suspension Linkage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest by baconline(m): 12:35pm On Feb 03, 2015
just what i observed,almost all women i know excluding my wife move their seat too forward close to the steering,any expainations why?no insults or....
Re: Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest by ejikeme(m): 12:37pm On Feb 03, 2015
Looking for answers too
Re: Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2015
Dey re afraid 2 drive
Re: Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest by saaedlee: 12:42pm On Feb 03, 2015
Why did u exclude "ur wife"?
$10 she is the one you noticed first?

Anyway, I myself do notice it. I guess its about experience, with time they tend to relax a bit while driving, e.g my GF
Re: Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest by kakameks: 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2015
They are trying to see the road directly in front of the vehicle but with time, confidence and experience they lean to read the road ahead before they get there and be more relaxed.

BTW it is not just limited to female learners alone.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest by abatically(m): 1:45pm On Feb 03, 2015
Women are generally shorter than men in terms of height. To see the road clearly they need to adjust the seat close to the steering. I've seen some short guys do that too. The irony here is women even though they are short like driving larger vehicles like sienna and suv's.That is why u see them adjusting their seats close to the steering.

Another thing is men are generally more confident drivers than women especially in Nigeria. In advanced countries men and women are almost equal when it comes to driving. But our women are not just confident enough when behind the wheels. This is why u will hardly see a Nigerian woman doing long distance journey say from Lagos to port Harcourt. In fact I hardly see a woman driving along sagamu Benin highway. In the states, women do drive from New York to California (a 4,000km journey and almost 2 days of driving).

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest by Mcdonelldouglas(m): 5:21pm On Feb 03, 2015
Thats because they are so afraid of a car they think they are flying a jumbo jet carrying 400+ passengers.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest by sultaan(m): 5:37pm On Feb 03, 2015
abatically:
Women are generally shorter than men in terms of height. To see the road clearly they need to adjust the seat close to the steering. I've seen some short guys do that too. The irony here is women even though they are short like driving larger vehicles like sienna and suv's.That is why u see them adjusting their seats close to the steering.

Another thing is men are generally more confident drivers than women especially in Nigeria. In advanced countries men and women are almost equal when it comes to driving. But our women are not just confident enough when behind the wheels. This is why u will hardly see a Nigerian woman doing long distance journey say from Lagos to port Harcourt. In fact I hardly see a woman driving along sagamu Benin highway. In the states, women do drive from New York to California (a 4,000km journey and almost 2 days of driving).

Perfect answer,

And generally their chest protrude a little further than in men so the steering seems closer
Re: Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest by dechandel(f): 12:55am On Feb 04, 2015
My mum adjusts her car seat backwards!!
I think women who do that has height instances as reasons!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest by marshalcarter: 5:34am On Feb 04, 2015
Lies

My mom do adjustgrin
Re: Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 04, 2015
Just to feel big, most of them do that while driving flashy cars, in addition to that most women try as much as possible to look at the front that is they try looking at the road while driving especially cars with protruding bonnets.
Re: Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest by instinctg(m): 7:49pm On Feb 04, 2015
or maybe you should ask why the chest of women is closer to the steering,lol
Re: Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest by abatically(m): 8:45pm On Feb 04, 2015
EconElectronics:
Just to feel big, most of them do that while driving flashy cars, in addition to that most women try as much as possible to look at the front that is they try looking at the road while driving especially cars with protruding bonnets.

At the bolded, where else is a sane person supposed to look while driving? The side?
Re: Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest by clemz85(m): 9:45pm On Feb 04, 2015
which is not very safe and does not aid
easy driving, but as beginers their minds
being played trick on,

for me, its more ideal and safe to have
your hands stretch out and stay far from steering
to avoid chest contact incase of collision.
Re: Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest by zinaLPF: 9:07pm On Feb 05, 2015
EconElectronics:

What exactly does this mean?
Dude, it is not necessary to comment where you have nothing constructive to contribute!
Re: Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest by paix(m): 7:00pm On Feb 15, 2015
I think they want to see the front number plate.

(1) (Reply)

Solved / What Are The Common Things You Should Take Note Before Getting A Good Engine Oil / Where Can I Do A Diagnosis For Car Suspension in Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.