Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,412 members, 7,947,704 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 07:17 AM

An Oil Rig Job In The Dream Became A Reality And Msc Visa Denied After Paying - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / An Oil Rig Job In The Dream Became A Reality And Msc Visa Denied After Paying (1526 Views)

What's It Like Working At An Oil Rig Job? / Do You Want Be To An Offshore Oil Rig Worker? / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Oil Rig Job In The Dream Became A Reality And Msc Visa Denied After Paying by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 29, 2008
In 2006 I applied for a UK visa to purse a masters in oil and gas engineering. While waiting for the 2wks visa processing, I had a dream where I found my self in an offshore rig. When I woke up I told God that is not what I wanted. i was denied the visa even after paying half of my tution fees with evidence of accomodation and upkeeps .In less than a year I found my self working in a rig , the job is hard for me and I don’t seems to be enjoying the career. Does that mean am destined to work in the rig and not going abroad for msc. Pls nairalanders I need ur views on this.
Re: An Oil Rig Job In The Dream Became A Reality And Msc Visa Denied After Paying by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 30, 2008
grab ur destiny with both hands & make the most of the rig job. dont be ungrateful. that msc you want so much, u're still going to get it after a while, u hear?
Re: An Oil Rig Job In The Dream Became A Reality And Msc Visa Denied After Paying by ZionQueen1: 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2008
My dear, I think God has done a great thing for you. I just concluded my MSc in London (by September), and it has been terrible getting a job since then. One major issue is because I don't have any work experience.
Do your rig job very very well, for maybe 2 or 3 years. Then, apply again afterwards for your masters. They will give you admission quickly, and it wont be hard to get a job, since you have some work experience.
That's my regret now. I wished I worked for at least 2 years before coming to do my masters. cry
Dunt complain, Just work now and do MSc later. That's the best advice I can give you. wink
Re: An Oil Rig Job In The Dream Became A Reality And Msc Visa Denied After Paying by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2008
Thanks so much zion queen and ziddy . i adore your piece of advices
Re: An Oil Rig Job In The Dream Became A Reality And Msc Visa Denied After Paying by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 06, 2009
I can't stop laughing here. So you mean that what you want is a bunch of strangers on a forum should tell you what to do with your life (or worse still, predict your future) based on a dream you had over a year ago?!!!!!!

Dude learn to tackle your own problems yourself (even though I cannot see the problem here and also the point of this thread).

(1) (Reply)

Does It Mean Dat Studing MATHS As A Course Will Make One End Up As A Lecturer / How Effective? CIPS Cert & Supply Chain Mgt With Oil/gas Job / Ican/ats: 2016 March Diet Watsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.