Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,442 members, 7,971,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 12:40 PM

Reasons Why People Dislikes Education In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Reasons Why People Dislikes Education In Nigeria (467 Views)

Why People Should Mind Their Business Inside Commercial Buses / Reasons Why People Become Richer Or Broke / Reasons Why People Bypass Their Meter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why People Dislikes Education In Nigeria by Rounakid(m): 3:33pm On Feb 03, 2015
The level and standard of education is dropping in the country Day by Day,we can say this from the mass failure of exams that hppened consistently .
Though the children have a large part to play for their success,we cannot entirely blame them.
So this is why I think the children of these days hate school.
BAD TEACHERS: If you compare the educational sector abroad to that of Nigeria,you will see that the teachers try to create an friendly environment,and make sure the children see them as friends they can trust,but here most teachers are only concerned about their paychecks.
POOR LEARNING AIDS : Most of the schools across the country have little,poor or no learning aid.
Learning aids are important for every child to learn well,infact it helps for easy remembrance during tests.
POOR LEARNING STRUCTURES : All I can say is how do you expect a student to learn well when he is thinking about his aching buttocks,from sitting on blocks or when he is distracted by counting the number of raindrops his teacher is dodging.
POOR USE OF ICT: This mostly has to do with the students,most students now spend almost 90% of their time on social networks,instead of using the internet to learn more about the topics they are being taught.
CYBER CHEATING : Most students now instead of studying believe all sorts of scammers they find on the net promising them 'expos' for a 'little token'. Even here on Nairaland you can find some of them,and I try my best to alert the Mods to delete those sort of threads. Most of the time,these students get scammed but still continue searching for 'expos'.if laws can be put in place to close down sites promising expos, the educational sector would improve.
Bad Management In Schools: yes,this point is also important,how can the proprietor of a school ask teachers to teach students during external exams?! Such people need to be jailed. This has caused so much havoc to the country that most youths these days cant defend their results.
If these problems I have listed here can be tackled,I think the educational sector would improve. We all also should not wait for the government to do things,we all have a part to play.
Oga Seun and our other adorable moderators we need you peeps here Thanks.
Re: Reasons Why People Dislikes Education In Nigeria by Rounakid(m): 3:48pm On Feb 03, 2015
Plz dnt jux view and leave, we need ur contributoins here.

(1) (Reply)

World's Biggest Fishing Experience Caught Live On Camera In Bonny / Bola Tinubu Diagnostics(lasuth)owes Staff 2months Salary / Oyegun Loses Ward To Pdp In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.