Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,909 members, 7,890,014 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 07:23 AM

5 Young Music Video Director That Changed The Game - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Young Music Video Director That Changed The Game (1132 Views)

Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? / 5 Young Nigerian Male Singers You MUST Look Out For! / Top 5 Young And Dope Nigerian Rappers 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Young Music Video Director That Changed The Game by Bigajeff(m): 6:40pm On Feb 03, 2015
Looking back to those days of monopoly in Music Video directing and video shoot, We only watch the works of DJ Tee, Clarence Peters and Akin Alabi as the top notch in the Game in those days. But this days the slight has return with great, Young and skillfull cinematographer who are master of this craft. I will mention Just Five on this thread which I know you will agree with me. With Clarence Peters still very much relevant in the game, this are my favourite 5:

1)Adasa Cookey- Although he has a background in telecommunications, Adasa Cookey ditched the corporate world for entertainment. He hit pure gold in 2012 when he directed a music video for then little known Burna Boy. ‘Like To Party’was one of the freshest music videos of that year and launched Adasa Cookey’s career. He hasn’t looked back since then.

2) Aje- Another music video director is Aje. His named popped up on the radar when he directedRayce’s smash hit ‘Roll’ in 2011. He followed it up withDurella’s ‘My Life’ in the same year. His hard work paid off in 2012 when he directedSinzu’s ‘Carolina’. The video was a huge hit but the best was yet to come. His big break came when he shotBrymo’s ‘Ara’ which many critics called the music video of the year. He has gone on to shoot big music videos such asDavido’s ‘Feel Alright’.
Matt Maxx with rapper Phyno during a video shoot

3) Matt Maxx- Matt Maxx is the newest of the bunch. His first mainstream music video appeared on TV screens when he directedCoco Ice’s ‘If You Don’t Know’. His work on her music video must have impressed Olamide who recruited the him to shoot two of his music videos ‘Voice of the Streets’ and ‘Stupid Love’. That gave him the big break he needed. He directedD’Banj’s ‘Don’t Tell Me Nonsense’video.

4) Moe Musa- Moe Musa is a newbie when it comes to directing music videos inNigeria because he is a UK base director. He has shot music videos for some of the biggest stars in Nigeria. His first notable work came when he directed theEMEvideo ‘Get Down Tonight’. His career blew up from then. He has since directed videos for Wande Coal, Iyanya, Ice Prince, Fuse ODG, Seyi Shay, May D, Dr. Sidand others. Moe Musa is now one of the most sought after music video directors in Nigeria even though he is based in theUK.

5) Unlimited L.A- Unlimited L.A whose real names are Olalekan Buari started handling the camera in 2008 under the tutelage ofDJ Tee. L.A isn’t just your average music video director as he prefers to call himself a cinematographer. He shot his first video in 2009. He directed Blackmagic’s‘Rainbow’in 2011 and ‘Repete’ the following year. His big break came when he shotSean Tizzle’s‘Sho Lee’. The video to the hit single put Unlimited L.A’s name as one of the most promising music video directors. Since then he has shot videos for other Nigerian stars and his work is the most trafficked now on music videos channel.

(1) (Reply)

Xclusivegospel Top 5 Gospel Songs Of The Week | 18/07/15 / You Are Welcome To Introduction To Guitar / Otike, Wizkid And Davido Who Is Finer- For My Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.