Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,102 members, 7,880,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:10 PM

What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? (2533 Views)

Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today / 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos / Choose One. Start A Business In Nigeria Or Sent Abroad To Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by bronxdog: 1:56am On Dec 30, 2008
Some of us never think this is a thing to worry about, but what will you miss the most if you suddenly find yourself deported or sent out from your so called comfort zone?
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by SeanT21(f): 7:26am On Dec 30, 2008
Many Things

~~Eletricity~~
~~Good Education~~
~~Running Water~~
~~Friends and Peers~~
~~Wal Mart~~
~~Cheap Fast Food~~
~~Chines Food~~
~~Private Cars~~
~~Peace of Mind~~
~~Clean Streets~~
~~etc~~
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by birdman(m): 9:42am On Dec 30, 2008
Sanity - Life really is simple here, as simple as you want it to be. No ebi drama, no crazy relatives, you get to associate with sane people like you
Stability - I can count on electricity, not worry about armed robbers, expect my taxes to be used to keep the city in shape
Social life - you get to meet people of all backgrounds, different ideas, and opportunities. The best and the brightest all over the world come here.

If I can get no. 2, I can swallow going back home. The rest will follow naturally
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by H2O2: 9:45am On Dec 30, 2008
I disagree with the last third of stability - my taxes were wasted on putting useless prop 8 on the ballots.
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by Naijex: 10:41am On Dec 30, 2008
Rather blend with Naija ASAP cool cool
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by deor03(m): 10:55am On Dec 30, 2008
Yeah,

Will miss having to wear jacket everywhere, gosh i hate it
Will miss having to wait for bus time, okada to my rescue
Will miss having to call 0844/0870 number for every small problem and of course WILL NOT be solved, I'll burst into their shop/office sharp sharp
Will miss having to be sure that "blackys" attend a club before clubbing there alone,
Will definitely miss EASYJET's "wayo" cheap tickets, '.,' thief people
Will miss having just about 50pounds account balance after all bill deductions/credit card deduction etc,

I.got to go, okada waiting for me outside, grin grin
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2008
SeanT21:

Many Things

~~Eletricity~~
~~Good Education~~
~~Running Water~~
~~Friends and Peers~~
~~Wal Mart~~
~~Cheap Fast Food~~
~~Chines Food~~
~~Private Cars~~
~~Peace of Mind~~
~~Clean Streets~~
~~etc~~

All this plus

Bestbuy/Circuit city - can't live without the accessories and flat screens
Travel - The ability to get a rental and travel from Baltimore to L.A
Ross stores - Where man go take dey see cheap baffs to oppress in naija na
HD programming
High speed cable broadband - real broadband oh. not the type starcomms,mtn and multilinks portray that you can't even play network games with.
6 flags
Superbowl
Rockets games
Slammin clubs
The grilled chicken at any Dennies restaurant - I am sure they add weed to that stuff cos it tastes so good.

The list is endless.
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by IGWEUSA(m): 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2008
SeanT21:

Many Things

~~Eletricity~~
~~Good Education~~
~~Running Water~~
~~Friends and Peers~~
~~Wal Mart~~
~~Cheap Fast Food~~
~~Chines Food~~
~~Private Cars~~
~~Peace of Mind~~
~~Clean Streets~~
~~etc~~

@seanT21

My guy i no agree with the cheap FAST FOOD wey you write.

$7 Big mac combo and 50 naira naija oyoyo rice which one is more costly ! shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 30, 2008
nothing.
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by Kobojunkie: 3:24pm On Dec 30, 2008
deor03:

Yeah,

Will miss having to wear jacket everywhere, gosh i hate it

Move to Florida Or Texas. No need to live in the cold zone when you REALLy don’t like it.

deor03:

Will miss having to wait for bus time, okada to my rescue

Or you can get your own Car or MotorBike to drive your to your destination. No Bus Schedule required.

deor03:

Will miss having to call 0844/0870 number for every small problem and of course WILL NOT be solved, I'll burst into their shop/office sharp sharp
Oh!!! Doing things the right way, no matter how slow is EEEVVVIIILLL

deor03:

Will miss having to be sure that "blackys" attend a club before clubbing there alone,
The many Blackies who attend parties alone that have never been mugged and came home happy about it are aliens?? WOOHOO!!!

deor03:

Will definitely miss EASYJET's "wayo" cheap tickets, '.,' thief people

yeah!! Paying cheaper fare is 419. Expensive is the way it ought top be all the time.

deor03:

Will miss having just about 50pounds account balance after all bill deductions/credit card deduction etc,

Yeah . . . cause in Nigerian people do not pay bills. In fact, all the people currently pay for generator, diesel, mobile phones, hospitals and taxes are not considered bills. WOOHOO!!

deor03:

I.got to go, okada waiting for me outside, grin grin
Try buying your own car? You can always get a convertible if you are the WIND IN YOUR HAIR kind.
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by Kobojunkie: 3:26pm On Dec 30, 2008
A-town:

All this plus

Bestbuy/Circuit city - can't live without the accessories and flat screens
Travel - The ability to get a rental and travel from Baltimore to L.A
Ross stores - Where man go take dey see cheap baffs to oppress in naija na
HD programming
High speed cable broadband - real broadband oh. not the type starcomms,mtn and multilinks portray that you can't even play network games with.
6 flags
Superbowl
Rockets games
Slammin clubs
The grilled chicken at any Dennies restaurant - I am sure they add weed to that stuff because it tastes so good.

The list is endless.

Ol boy!!! There has to be such a thing as OVER ASSIMILATION!!! It's like you do not even have the 'naija' character in you at all? Do you even have time to spare a bowl of amala and ewedu every now and then at least? grin

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 30, 2008
Kobojunkie

Do u hate ur country that much? Never heard u say anything positive about Naija.
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On Dec 30, 2008
Xavier.:

Kobojunkie

Do u hate ur country that much? Never heard u say anything positive about Naija.

Maybe if you learned to mind your own business instead of trying to mind mine, you would not need to worry about what I hate or do not hate. and the world would be a better place for you. grin
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by vicade(m): 3:35pm On Dec 30, 2008
Chinese Food and Sales
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 30, 2008
Kobojunkie

It becomes my problem when u paint my country in bad light.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2008
Xavier.:

Kobojunkie

in other words . . . It is your place to tell me how to live my life?? again, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS grin
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Dec 30, 2008
Oooohh!!! Don't forget, Chinese Buffet!!! Yum!! I used to spend my afternoons at the Chinese buffet across the street from campus back in the days. All you can eat for 5.75? lol
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by Moves: 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2008
Just one thing--Safety, being able to decide @ 12 midnight to go a club; or go anywhere i like at anytime without the fear of armed robbers or armed police sooting at me, to be this is priceless, everything else i can manage and get by
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by server34(m): 7:55pm On Dec 30, 2008
Xavier.:

Kobojunkie

Yeah really. Why do u hate it so much? And dont tell me to mind my business cos u dont too, besides if every1 minds his/her business, this forum would just have topics and no replies.
deor03 posted a reply, obviously a sarcastic comment and u go all out condemning the poster. Cant he have his (or her) own views? Until u succeed in making every1 realise ur abroad and u hate Nigeria, we no go rest for here. Until them depot u come back na dat time ur eye go clear.

Kobojunkie:

Move to Florida Or Texas. No need to live in the cold zone when you REALLy don’t like it.
And wats wrong wit moving to Lagos or Abuja? It isnt cold there either.

Kobojunkie:

Or you can get your own Car or MotorBike to drive your to your destination. No Bus Schedule required.
And if I cant afford my own Car or MotorBike?

Kobojunkie:

The many Blackies who attend parties alone that have never been mugged and came home happy about it are aliens?? WOOHOO!!!
Thats a lie! Try to attend a club in Europe and God Bless u ur d only black there. Believe me, "Alien" would be an understatement for your case.

Kobojunkie:

yeah!! Paying cheaper fare is 419. Expensive is the way it ought top be all the time.
The point raised was not the "cheap" but the "wayo".

Kobojunkie:

Yeah . . .  cause in Nigerian people do not pay bills. In fact, all the people currently  and taxes are not considered bills. WOOHOO!!
Yeah Nigerians pay bills, pay for generator, diesel, mobile phones, hospitals. U forgot to add, they also take care of their extended family. And yet U could still have more than 50 pounds account balance (am not talking credit balance here).

Kobojunkie:

Try buying your own car? You can always get a convertible if you are the WIND IN YOUR HAIR kind.
And if I still cant afford a car?

@ Kobojunkie, am not hating u. I'm just hating ur posts everytime I stumble upon them. Try to be considerate in your postings, and dont make the Nigerians back home to feel hopeless.  angry

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Dec 30, 2008
server34:

Yeah really. Why do u hate it so much? And don't tell me to mind my business because u don't too, besides if everyone minds his/her business, this forum would just have topics and no replies.
I will attempt to get you thinking with this. Please go through all 7043 posts of mine on Nairaland and please pull out the words “ I HATE NIGERIA” from anyone them. Till them, accept that you may actually not have a clue what you are going on about, like the many other people with deluded ideas of what criticism means on here. grin

server34:

deor03 posted a reply, obviously a sarcastic comment and u go all out condemning the poster. can't he have his (or her) own views?[/Quote]

Never told him he could not have his own views. Did I? Show me where I said that? He posted a response and I responded to his post with suggestions on how he could get better by simply adjusting his perception or location. Do you have a problem with me making such suggestions?

[quote author=server34 link=topic=212852.msg3286332#msg3286332 date=1230663312]
Until u succeed in making everyone realise ur abroad and u hate Nigeria, we no go rest for here. Until them depot u come back na that time ur eye go clear.

Are you sure this issue is not yours? Cause it seems this is your mind playing games on you and not part of my reality. Did you even bother to take a look at the THREAD itself to know what the topic is? Roflmao!!

server34:

And wats wrong wit moving to Lagos or Abuja? It isnt cold there either.
Did I say he could not move to Lagos or Abuja? He says he is cold now, I say move to florida which is warm :

And the same tone goes for the rest of your post. Instead of telling me what I believe… show me where I made the statements before I continue with you. That way, I can better debate you on the same ground.

About my posts, here is an advise. STOP READING them if you can not but read extra meanings into em and I am not hating on you either. grin
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by SeanT21(f): 11:23pm On Dec 30, 2008
IGWE_USA:

@seanT21

My guy i no agree with the cheap FAST FOOD wey you write.

$7 Big mac combo and 50 naira naija oyoyo rice which one is more costly ! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yeah but I prefer the mac!!
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by manmustwac(m): 12:24am On Dec 31, 2008
@post
Why isn't this topic in the travel section?
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by BecomeRich: 5:07am On Dec 31, 2008
Are you not a citizen? why would anyone want to deport you. ?  In north america, noone can arrest you, not even president. They have process. As long as you are a citizen, you can't be deported. You have the same right as anyone here. Even if the person is white. you can't be deported. Only God can move me from here or decide to leave.

It is not like Nigeria, where they do not follow the law. Even look if President Yar adua calls obama to deport a person. He would get a NO. There is no connection anyone can have that can get someone deported who is a citizen. They obey the law over here. I tell you, Obama would just tell him no, that they follow the law. Obama would  be impeached because of some thing so small.  Every citizen have the same right. I remember when president Yar adua was in the USA. I was told one of his aid, went to tell  a USA police man to arrest someone. a nigerian. The nigerian started laughing. The person told him you think say na nigeria , we dey. ( i do not know if it is true, but that nigerian told me the story).  Even the program they help organized for President yar adua, he was the reason people were told yar adua did not attend.

They don't do that nonsense in nigeria over here, where people believe they are God. The president of the USA is under law. A governor just got arrested, the major of detriot is in jail.

So what is your problem, that they want to deport you. You better tell , you don't know someone may help you. Even if the police arrest you, you can sue them for millions of dollars.
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by SeanT21(f): 6:33am On Dec 31, 2008
BecomeRich:

Are you not a citizen? why would anyone want to deport you. ? In north america, noone can arrest you, not even president. They have process. As long as you are a citizen, you can't be deported. You have the same right as anyone here. Even if the person is white. you can't be deported. Only God can move me from here or decide to leave.

It is not like Nigeria, where they do not follow the law. Even look if President Yar adua calls obama to deport a person. He would get a NO. There is no connection anyone can have that can get someone deported who is a citizen. They obey the law over here. I tell you, Obama would just tell him no, that they follow the law. Obama would be impeached because of some thing so small. Every citizen have the same right. I remember when president Yar adua was in the USA. I was told one of his aid, went to tell a USA police man to arrest someone. a nigerian. The nigerian started laughing. The person told him you think say na nigeria , we dey. ( i do not know if it is true, but that nigerian told me the story). Even the program they help organized for President yar adua, he was the reason people were told yar adua did not attend.

They don't do that nonsense in nigeria over here, where people believe they are God. The president of the USA is under law. A governor just got arrested, the major of detriot is in jail.

So what is your problem, that they want to deport you. You better tell , you don't know someone may help you. Even if the police arrest you, you can sue them for millions of dollars.

cheesy
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 31, 2008
BecomeRich:

Are you not a citizen? why would anyone want to deport you. ? In north america, noone can arrest you, not even president. They have process. As long as you are a citizen, you can't be deported. You have the same right as anyone here. Even if the person is white. you can't be deported. Only God can move me from here or decide to leave.

It is not like Nigeria, where they do not follow the law. Even look if President Yar adua calls obama to deport a person. He would get a NO. There is no connection anyone can have that can get someone deported who is a citizen. They obey the law over here. I tell you, Obama would just tell him no, that they follow the law. Obama would be impeached because of some thing so small. Every citizen have the same right. I remember when president Yar adua was in the USA. I was told one of his aid, went to tell a USA police man to arrest someone. a nigerian. The nigerian started laughing. The person told him you think say na nigeria , we dey. ( i do not know if it is true, but that nigerian told me the story). Even the program they help organized for President yar adua, he was the reason people were told yar adua did not attend.

Only American citizens live in America? You are definitely retarded.
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by jaybee3(m): 9:07am On Dec 31, 2008
A-town:

Only American citizens live in America? You are definitely retarded.
ROFLMAO
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 31, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Ol boy!!! There has to be such a thing as OVER ASSIMILATION!!! It's like you do not even have the 'naija' character in you at all? Do you even have time to spare a bowl of amala and ewedu every now and then at least? grin

My guy. There's no reason for me to miss anything naija. I had like 5 billion nigerians around me when i used to stay in the most populated naija city in the U.S.
There were like 4 nigerian restaurants in my area alone. There's really nothing left about naija that i really miss like that.
I prefer Dennies grilled chicken to any naija cholesterol infested "fried chicken" any day.
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 31, 2008
~~Eletricity~~
~~Good Education~~
~~Running Water~~
~~Friends and Peers~~
~~Wal Mart~~
~~Cheap Fast Food~~
~~Chines Food~~
~~Private Cars~~cheap, organized and comfortable transport system.
~~Peace of Mind~~
~~Clean Streets~~
~~etc~~

You forgot to add sane human beings tongue
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by texazzpete(m): 9:38am On Dec 31, 2008
Xavier.:

Kobojunkie

lol
Kobojunkie seems to be the biggest target for the 'do you hate Nigeria' brigade.

but seriously, that seems sort of retarded.

Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka can criticize Nigeria all they want and people call them heroes.
Kobojunkie makes constructive criticism and people here get all in arms and start screeching with rage.

Now i know both Achebe and Soyinka are way more illustrious and respected than Kobo, but there's still a smidgeon of hypocrisy in this.

As someone once said, evil prospers when Good men do nothing. People who find nothing wrong with Nigeria are far worse for the country than people who are always critical.

Most of the people spouting the 'why do you hate Nigeria so much' crap go home and listen to a Fela CD where he lambasts Nigeria and (sometimes) Nigerians. Pity they lack the sense to see the hypocrisy in it all.
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by server34(m): 10:08pm On Dec 31, 2008
Remember Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka and Fela were all criticising Nigeria whilst in Nigeria, and also doing something illustrious in their various fields to give a recognition to Nigerian art. They were criticizing constructively, and we all knew they were good citizens of Nigeria only bothered by the ills of their country. We dont have any issues with any1 criticising since we all know there is obviously a problem with the country, and we're all working towards making it better. The point I was trying to make out to Kobojunkie (and maybe texazzpete now) is - Be considerate in doing that. Remember, the people who read these things on nairaland are the masses, and not the government. You dont have to make every1 feel hopeless because of the faults of their leaders. Not every1 can get a visa, and besides, if every1 leaves, the country will not work.

Its okay to point out that the transport, power, and health sector is not functioning as it should due to mismanagement by our leaders. But wen u point out that I am living in a dungeon by climbing okada, buying generator, diesel, and always paying hospital bills, is where I wanna fight you.

Meanwhile, Here's wishing y'all a prosperous year 2009.
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by BecomeRich: 3:58am On Jan 01, 2009
A town, even if you are not a citizen, there are law, people most get deported mostly for crime. serious crime,   even for immigration reason , you can fight it in court and win.  The union nation have provision for refuges. and most countries follow it. , but people sometime done have access to information. i am dealing wth some people at the moment they think, i am stupid or something because i have not sued them. i know the law , but somettime you just don't care.

but you can fight immigration deportation. even when you have no status. as long as you do not commit a crime. most case they do not deport you. but alot of people do commit crime.  some people don't have good lawyers. when it comes to immigration,  you can win. as long as you can show , you have not commited crime. and have done your part to develop the country. There is humanitary ground too. there are nigerian who are immigration officer or lawyer call them.

A town, i am a nigeria who do not commit crime. so why would i be scared of deportation.?? why?
Re: What Will You Miss Abroad If You Are Suddenly Found Yourself Deported Or Sent Back Home? by Nobody: 5:00am On Jan 01, 2009
Campus
Education
Reason for furthering my education
Sanitary environment
safe road
road rules/road signs
Clean water
A/C
Beaches
Malls
sales (holiday sales etc)
Returning unwanted items grin grin grin
Stabilized power system
backyard
Tissue paper, toilet rolls
swipper mop
Cool housewares/ electronics
Reliable police force
Sexy men
Stabilized TV networks
HD Tv screen
Unlimited texting/calls
sanity
a nice, quiet walk
Parks (Bush Garden Africa, Universal etc)

And many many more tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Flight Ticket To Turkey / Schengen Visa For Netherlands / Australia Is The World’s Happiest Country — Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.