Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,887 members, 7,872,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:13 AM

What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? (9673 Views)

Amechi's AIT Interview On Focus Nigeria Was A Shame! / If Nigeria Was To Divide.... / So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 12:40pm On Jan 06, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

What's all the fracas about this 20 pounds?  In any war the loosing side owes the victor reparations to cover the cost of fighting the war.  Instead of giving you 20 pounds, Nigeria should have taxed you until the cost is recovered maybe then you will be happy instead of lamenting and gnashing teeth over 20pounds handouts. 

You all want me to open another flood gate on the protocols of war so you can see where you erred?  Shut up already about this 20 pound and let it rest.

When people like you talk, you just wonder if they know what the  issue is or just spewing out anything that their brain can come out with. So Africans that want reparation from the West are the winners in slave trade saga according to your brain full of wisdom? Or the Jews demanding reparation were Victors against the Nazis?

20 Pounds given to Igbos were not a social security handout from Nigerians to the Igbos, the 20 Pounds comes from whatever money they seized from a bank account of every Igbo man, they will give the person 20 pound and the kept the rest. My family had over £600,000 in the Barclays bank and were given £20 and Nigerian government kept the remaining. That is what the 20 pounds is all about and not a gift as you thought. Those without money at all started life with nothing at all.

@Ibime,
I don't think there is anything called forgotten stolen item.  If 30 years is enough for you to forget your hardwork and sweat, what kind of person are you? Why is the Jews still demanding the return of their vintage paintings and artefact 60 years after the Nazi war? Why are the Palestinian dieing demanding their stolen land from Israel? By the way, why is Nigeria still insisting that the British return their stolen artefact like the Bini Bronze (FESTAC HEAD)? even whey they were taken during the reign of queen Victoria? And how many years ago was that?

My family's property at Rex Lawson St Borokiri in Port Harcourt was still being occupied by an Ijaw family until we reached out of court agreement with them and got the property back with the help of Chief Melford Okilo ( Old Rivers State Governor 1979-1983), who was my father's school mate in the early 50s.  Issue of abandoned property will never die until every man and family get justice. There is no such thing as expired justice? Unless you knew what I don't know.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by romeo(m): 12:56pm On Jan 06, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Life is sacred, regardless of its tribal home.  However, Yorubas have a more tenable way of dealing with issues of terror than say Igbo does.  If an Igbo residential area is attacked and Yorubas are residing in there with them of course they will be attacked as well.  

No way!! You're all well known for cowardice cheesy. Way too much noise but no action. Or do you people now have cyborgs?

Negro_Ntns:

Why does every Igbo resort to abusive and personal attacks at the jump of the rope? I sincerely believe that you still need rehabilitation from the pains of the war.

I am asking the same question but in a different way! Why does every Yoruba or other tribes in Nigeria shit on their pants at the mention of Biafra?

Negro_Ntns:

I will be back with some words for you later. You want something that will bring tears to your eyes? Keep it up, you hear. . . keep up your nonsense.

Are you trying to live up to the known fact that your people are nothing but cowards? Empty barrels!!

Thanks to youtube I've seen the things that bring tears to my eyes, The gruesome genocide unleashed on my people by the Nigeria government and their British cohorts. I wonder what your coward ass will bring up now cheesy

Biafra will never die!!
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ibime(m): 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2009
Eziachi:

@Ibime,

My family's property at Rex Lawson St Borokiri in Port Harcourt was still being occupied by an Ijaw family until we reached out of court agreement with them and got the property back with the help of Chief Melford Okilo ( Old Rivers State Governor 1979-1983), who was my father's school mate in the early 50s.  Issue of abandoned property will never die until every man and family get justice. There is no such thing as expired justice? Unless you knew what I don't know.

Eziachi, the issue of abandoned property is different to the issue of indigenous rights. My family also abandoned property in Asaba during the war. That does not mean that I should claim Asaba as my hometown.

Eziachi:

@Ibime,
In my last posting I tried to be fair to you regarding your self styled partitioner of PH because I knew in your past comments, you seem to be fair in your accessment of issues but you seems to have lost the plot a bit and busy digging a big hole for yourself.  If Ikwerres are not Igbos, what tribe are they? Why do they bear Igbo names and speak only Igbo language? We don't beg our brothers in Rivers/Delta/Cross River anymore to be Igbos as they tend to have decided after the war as their means of surviving Nigeria. Events has force them recently to think twice. When Odilli wanted to run for president, the likes of Edwin Clarke told him point blank that he should run under the Igbo quota for president, that he Odilli is Igboman and it's their turn, hence they chose clueless Jonathan when they settled for a VP position for SS.

Anioma people to had realise the folly of disowing their ancestory  too just recently, in fact one of them is now the new chairman of Ohaneze Ndigbo.
I don't know how old you are, may be you should ask your Igbo grandad what these town you mentioned above were called before OBASANJO/AYO IRIKIFE BOUNDARY ADJUSTMENT FRAUD OF 1978 (when they scattered Igbo towns all over the place and renamed many places to divide the Igbo nation) Before 1978, this was eaxctle what was obtained as the name of these PH towns:

Elelenwo was Elelenwa (keep an eye on my child)
Rumuomasi was then called Umuomasi (Descendants of Omasi)
Rumuobiakani was then called Umuobiaka-ani (Descendant of Obi Aka ani)
Rumuola was then called Umuola (Descendants of Ola (bangle)
Diobu  (Husband of Obu)
Rumuigbo  was then called Obi-Igbo (Decendants of Obi-Igbo- heart of Igboland)

All these towns all borrowed their names from their original ancestors, just as in many Igbo towns are named after their ancestors and the above towns and others are descedants of Igweocha or Igwenga, which was what Port Harcourt was called before the arrival of the white man. Go to Rivers state tourism minsitry and read the govt gazzettes for yourself and see this facts.

Even the tribalistic Nigerian politics shows its face in PH politics of 1979 politics for instance, where NPP dominated PH politics but Ijaw area like Borokiri was controlled by NPN.

I have lived with the Ikwerres, both in Mile 1 and Elelenwo. Never has it crossed my mind that they would ever identify themselves as Igbo. You say they speak Igbo, but I am sure that if two Ikwerre men speak here, you will not be able to follow the drift of their conversation, except for picking out a few words here and there. Their language is to Igbo what Spanish is to Portuguese.

Now, let me ask you a question - when did we start calling these places Umuola, Umuomasi etc? I can tell you that is a recent Igbolisation of PH which happened under regional Eastern Government. That is why the names were changed after 1967. Most of that place was bush before, interspersed with Ikwerre settlements. It is not the Ikwerre themselves who named these places, but the Igbo regional Government. They did not stop to ask what the locals call these places, they just put Igbo names here and there.

You have not been following my posts on here, otherwise you would respond to this argument I set forth:

PH started in Borokiri and then expanded into Ikwerre lands. There is a reason you call it Igwe Ocha (Land of the white man) - simply, it is not your land. If you guys actually lived in Igwe Ocha, you would not name it after the white man. What you call Igwe Ocha is what we Okrikas call Borokiri. You only named it Igwe Ocha after we sold it to the white man and they populated it.

Then, I put this link from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Harcourt

Port Harcourt was founded in 1912 by the British in an area traditionally inhabited by the Ikwerre and the Ijaw. Igbo traders called it Igwe Ocha which in their native tongue means "land of the white man". The land which is actually the Okrika Ijaw fishing settlement called Borokiri was given to the British to settle for administrative purpose replacing Degema in the heart of Kalabari which had become too far and obscure. The Chief Yellow of Bakana ( Kalabari ) stood as a witness when the Amayanabo ( KING ) of Okrika handed over the land to the British. The initial purpose of the port was to export the coal which geologist Albert Ernest Kitson had discovered in Enugu. Port Harcourt today has expanded deeply into Ikwere settlements. It attracted many Igbo traders and laborers who settled there in its early years. Igbo manpower played a major role in the development of Port Harcourt and today many of Port Harcourt's residents are Igbo.

I put this from Wikipedia because my father told me the story when I was a child. My great grandfather, Chief John George who was the Kingmaker in Okrika at the time was involved in the transaction, and if you ask the Fiberesima family, they will show you which parts of PH had belonged to them. That is why I always laugh whenever Igbo's try to claim PH.

If you wish to claim the Ikwerre side of PH, that is between you and them. But we draw boundary from Isaac Boro Park, and anything to the east of Rainbow.

Now we can almost answer the posters question: What if the civil war was a success?

One of the answers is that the Igbo's would have stolen PH.

1 Like

Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by romeo(m): 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2009
Dude stop quoting wikipedia!! Goshhhhhh! Anybody can edit articles there anytime anyday. IMO it's not a credible source for some sensitive issues like this.

It's a shame we go to wikipedia to get some information about our history everytime. Backyard stories from our neighbours make it to wikipèdia in less than 30 minutes and thus becomes part of our real history in the eyes of the people that doesn't know.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ibime(m): 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2009
You see, any time facts come into play, the Igbo will dismiss it. They prefer to rely on folklore.

The land of the white man is not yours! We sold it to them.

let me spell it out to you: IT IS A FACT THAT THE BRITISH PAID OKRIKA TO BUY IGWE OCHA!

I have known this since I was a child.

There are many links I can provide if you wish, but you will always refuse to believe.

Isn't it funny that me, a PH indigene is here arguing with boys from Asa, Aba, Owerri and Onitsha as to who owns PH? You guys should should go and bring an Ikwerre man, a true indigene of PH to come and argue jor.

We the Okrikas and the Ikwerres know our boundaries. We need no outside interference please. I have stated the boundaries of PH. Anything to the North and North West of Boro Park is Ikwerre land. Anything to the South of Boro Park is Okrika land. Anything to the South-East of Rainbow is Okrika land. Everything to the East of Aba road otherwise is Ikwerre land. Bundu waterside belongs originally to the Ogoni. And there are one or two Kalabari and Egbenni settlements.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by WilyWily: 4:19pm On Jan 06, 2009
All these argument you guys are having about PH shows that all of us from former Eastern Region are Losers.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by romeo(m): 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2009
Willy you are right! cry cry cry
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Muza(m): 4:31pm On Jan 06, 2009
@ poster and evryone in support of this thread,
u need to try this. . .  grin

Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Dede1(m): 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2009
@Ibime

It is only in the mindset of demented slowpoke that Igwe-Ocha meant the (Land of the white man). Please could someone take the keyboards away from this dullard before he/she injures him/her self?

Since you have decided to open another defective side of your brain, I would like to lead your dumb carcass to the fact that I can understand Ikwerre dialect of Igbo language better than Nsukka dialect.

Talking about abandon property, has this punk called Ibime seriously posed a question to his/her sorry arse why abandon property policy was initiated in Port Harcourt alone?

The lazy fools who are now basking in the sun in Port Harcourt and reaping the fruits of hard labor of Ndigbo would surely pay in future.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2009
Ibime:

Eziachi, the issue of abandoned property is different to the issue of indigenous rights. My family also abandoned property in Asaba during the war. That does not mean that I should claim Asaba as my hometown.

I have lived with the Ikwerres, both in Mile 1 and Elelenwo. Never has it crossed my mind that they would ever identify themselves as Igbo. You say they speak Igbo, but I am sure that if two Ikwerre men speak here, you will not be able to follow the drift of their conversation, except for picking out a few words here and there. Their language is to Igbo what Spanish is to Portuguese.

Now, let me ask you a question - when did we start calling these places Umuola, Umuomasi etc? I can tell you that is a recent Igbolisation of PH which happened under regional Eastern Government. That is why the names were changed after 1967. Most of that place was bush before, interspersed with Ikwerre settlements. It is not the Ikwerre themselves who named these places, but the Igbo regional Government. They did not stop to ask what the locals call these places, they just put Igbo names here and there.

You have not been following my posts on here, otherwise you would respond to this argument I set forth:

PH started in Borokiri and then expanded into Ikwerre lands. There is a reason you call it Igwe Ocha (Land of the white man) - simply, it is not your land. If you guys actually lived in Igwe Ocha, you would not name it after the white man. What you call Igwe Ocha is what we Okrikas call Borokiri. You only named it Igwe Ocha after we sold it to the white man and they populated it.

Then, I put this link from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Harcourt

Port Harcourt was founded in 1912 by the British in an area traditionally inhabited by the Ikwerre and the Ijaw. Igbo traders called it Igwe Ocha which in their native tongue means "land of the white man". The land which is actually the Okrika Ijaw fishing settlement called Borokiri was given to the British to settle for administrative purpose replacing Degema in the heart of Kalabari which had become too far and obscure. The Chief Yellow of Bakana ( Kalabari ) stood as a witness when the Amayanabo ( KING ) of Okrika handed over the land to the British. The initial purpose of the port was to export the coal which geologist Albert Ernest Kitson had discovered in Enugu. Port Harcourt today has expanded deeply into Ikwere settlements. It attracted many Igbo traders and laborers who settled there in its early years. Igbo manpower played a major role in the development of Port Harcourt and today many of Port Harcourt's residents are Igbo.

I put this from Wikipedia because my father told me the story when I was a child. My great grandfather, Chief John George who was the Kingmaker in Okrika at the time was involved in the transaction, and if you ask the Fiberesima family, they will show you which parts of PH had belonged to them. That is why I always laugh whenever Igbo's try to claim PH.

If you wish to claim the Ikwerre side of PH, that is between you and them. But we draw boundary from Isaac Boro Park, and anything to the east of Rainbow.

Now we can almost answer the posters question: What if the civil war was a success?

One of the answers is that the Igbo's would have stolen PH.

Let me address the issues you raised one by one.

1. I mentioned abandoned property,not because myself is from port harcourt but because you personally asked why we are going on about abandoned property after thirty years. And those properties are not only an issue for port harcourt but all over Nigeria but most prominent was in port harcourt and Lagos. I then said that it has to do with Justice and justice has no time limit. If your property is abandoned in Asaba according to your, who was it abandoned to? So go and fight for it. Of the five properties we lost in Port harcourt only one is still in dispute at Aggrey Road and it's occupied by an Ijaw family.

2. Although you had failed to identify your tribe but, I can tell you that in every language their is what you call dialect and ascent. The same laguage but spoke in many ways. I am sure my Yoruba friends here can identify with that too as one of them has told me before that Ekitti speaks Yoruba with a very strong twang, I am not sure how true that there many form of speaking Yoruba.
So if you can't understand an Ikwerre man Igbo ascent or dialect that does not mean they are not IGBOS. The worse form of Igbo ascent to understand even among the most die hard Igbo language scholars are Afikpo and Wawa (Nsukkka/Abakaliki, Enugu)
Anioma/Oshimili/Onitsha spoke differently too and it's called in Ijekebee.
But we had what we called central Igbo tongue, mainly adopted/spoke by the people Mbano, Okwelle, Ohambele etc.

I have lived and worked in England for 25 years and still find it difficult to understand a Geordie (Newcastle) man. Yorkshire had a very strong English ascent too, so does the people of Lancashire (Manchester, Blackburn, Bolton, Maccclesfield).
In London and the rest of Sout East they spoke with a twang called cockney english.
With your intelligent, I am surprise that you are some one to make this sort of argument about the Ikwerre based on the dialect.

3. Like I had said, no Igbo man that knows his stuff outside of political argument will claim the whole of Port Harcourt as Igboland but what I had told you is that at least 60% of what is called Port Harcourt as we speak belong to the Ikwerres and Ikwerre is one of the branches of Igbo nation just like the Orsu, Aniocha, Ebenese, Wawa, Adada, Oguta/Egbema, Owerre, Ijekebee, Aro etc. Why do you think Ikwerre royal households are reffered to as Obi or Eze?

4. And stop saying a white man discovered port harcourt, Enugu, Opobo or any other place for that matter, that is so 18th century mentality. Our people were there when they arrived, how can they haave discovered us? That is a white man talk.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by asha80(m): 5:52pm On Jan 06, 2009
I think we all from the former eastern region need to understand each others views on this issue of port harcourt without insulting each other.Everyone has a case here.
@Dede1 please take it easy with Ibime as u have to understand where he is coming from.I know that during Micheal okpara's regime a lot of upland igbo(i resist saying jusy igbo) settled came and settled in present day portharcourt because of the economic boom going on at that timeThe construction of Trans Amadi industrial layout being one of those projects that attracted them.
Their seemed to be some resentments on them by the ikwerres that they where buying up the lands they considered their own(even though it was not at gun point).However their are some speculations that the regional gov. at that time where mainly occupied by upland igbos and so it made it easier for the people to buy lands.
@ibime
I used upland igbos above and not just igbos because i believe that the ikwerres are igbos.Please do not use the fact that they have their own dailect to mean that tyhey are dinstint.Why?because their are many dailects of igbo.One thing i have noticed is that many 'outsiders'do not seem to know that in even in the same states in south east there are very different dialects of igbo.
In my state alone if an owerri man is speaking his dialect the the orlu man that is born and bred in orlu might not be understanding what the owerri man is saying.As for you ibime i can tell u that i understand the igbo been spoken by the ikwerre or asaba or even ibusa in delta state than the igbo spoken buy an afikpo man of ebonyi state.
All these issue of whether i am igbo or not is just what Gowon wanted at that time to weaken the resolve off the igbos by creating states.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 6:00pm On Jan 06, 2009
Ibime:

You see, any time facts come into play, the Igbo will dismiss it. They prefer to rely on folklore.

The land of the white man is not yours! We sold it to them.

let me spell it out to you: IT IS A FACT THAT THE BRITISH PAID OKRIKA TO BUY IGWE OCHA!

I have known this since I was a child.

There are many links I can provide if you wish, but you will always refuse to believe.

Isn't it funny that me, a PH indigene is here arguing with boys from Asa, Aba, Owerri and Onitsha as to who owns PH? You guys should should go and bring an Ikwerre man, a true indigene of PH to come and argue jor.

We the Okrikas and the Ikwerres know our boundaries. We need no outside interference please. I have stated the boundaries of PH. Anything to the North and North West of Boro Park is Ikwerre land. Anything to the South of Boro Park is Okrika land. Anything to the South-East of Rainbow is Okrika land. Everything to the East of Aba road otherwise is Ikwerre land. Bundu waterside belongs originally to the Ogoni. And there are one or two Kalabari and Egbenni settlements.

Typical Nigerian mentality! How do you define an indigine? someone born and bred or someone just because the parents ancestory? A yoruba man born and bred in Igboland are more indigineous than my children born and bred in England in my estimation.
I was 19 years old when the civil war broke out broke, then do the maths and tell me how old I am now, but I was born and bred in Borokiri and went to school near waterside and my secondary school at Stella Maris college. My both parents were born in Port Harcourt area now called Trans Amadi and my mum dad was born also in Port Harcourt. Whe you consider my age and add it to two generations before me and do the maths, my family has had a root in Igwe Ocha/Port Harcourt for more than 100 years. So how can you turn around and tell us that we can't talk about Port harcourt because you want to talk to an Ikwerre Igbo man? Very funny.

I blame Obasanjo and Irikife for this nonsense, they knew exactly what they are doing when they start re-drawing Rivers state in 1970s and called boundary adjustment. The only boundary adjustment recorded in the history of Nigeria.

And hilariously I read your comment before that Ogonis are not Ijaws. So what are they? Do you actually knew what you are talking about?

By the way IGWE OCHA doesn't mean Land of the white man ( you make me laugh) Igwe Ocha mean CLEAR SKY or CLEAN HEAVEN, White Heavens.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 06, 2009
Eziachi:

So if you can't understand an Ikwerre man Igbo ascent or dialect that does not mean they are not IGBOS. The worse form of Igbo ascent to understand even among the most die hard Igbo language scholars are Afikpo and Wawa (Nsukkka/Abakaliki, Enugu)
Anioma/Oshimili/Onitsha spoke differently too and it's called in Ijekebee.
But we had what we called central Igbo tongue, mainly adopted/spoke by the people Mbano, Okwelle, Ohambele etc.

This is the first time you've gone nuts on nairaland. What do you mean by worst form of Igbo ascent to understand?
Tender your appologies immediately. angry
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ibime(m): 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2009
Eziachi, I never asked about abandoned property. You must be confusing me with LucaBrasi. Every man has the right to claim property that he bought with his own sweat. We have no problem with Igbos or any other tribe purchasing land in PH. All these arguments are to establish ownership so that if and when Nigeria breaks up, Igbos do not come and claim what is not theirs.

I agree that 60% of PH is owned by the Ikwerre's. From Boro Park up to Choba is even more than 60% sef. Please tell your friend Dede1 who would claim Igwe Ocha (Borokiri) itself as Igboland. I guess he will not stop until Ndigbo has access to the sea. If possible, he will claim Opobo as Igboland sef.

Anyway, that is between you and the Ikwerres. But do not use them as proxies to claim our lands as a lot of Biafran extremists like Dede1 often do.

Dede1, you are surely demented. You must be suffering post traumatic stress from the civil war. All your genocidal rants against the indigenes of "Town" prove that you are a lunatic.

You started by claiming that you used to live in upland PortHarcourt when Borokiri was a swamp. Who are you fooling? Old Port Harcourt was Borokiri, from Old GRA down to Ipuculu. Aggrey Road is the epicenter of old PH, infact, the first place to be built up. I wonder where you were living. Maybe you lived in Choba while it was still virgin bush.

If you do not call Igwe Ocha "white man's parlour", what do you call it? Don't even try that 'clear sky' or 'blue heaven' nonsense. Only someone who sees the water from afar would describe it as "clear sky". Those who live there would never call it that sort of name. I believe this is a revisionist theory, since the name Igwe Ocha clearly exposes that Igbo's only started referring to the place after the white man settled it. Ikwerres themselves know they have no claim over Town/Borokiri. Eziachi, have you ever seen an Ikwerre compound in Borokiri? Which people live there? It's only Igbo imperialists who keep pushing this nefarious claim. Infact, if Igbo's or Ikwerre's truly inhabited Town, where is your culture of fishing? Did it suddenly disappear?

What you call Igwe Ocha was originally called Ogbogbo and later refered to as Olomu-Ogbogbo when it was turned to a trading center where the Ikwerres came down to buy fish in exchange for other goods. According to Ijaw traditions, communities are also described by the activities that operate in them which meant that Ogbogbo (Port Hacourt ) was also refered to as Borokiri describing trading activities just like it is in Warri.

Don't worry, all we have to do is ask the British to produce the receipt to the land. At that point, all your imperialistic folklore disappears.

Here I am adopting a diplomatic position that the Ikwerre's and even Ogoni's own PH and an extremist like you wants to claim the whole shebang and drive out the locals. I hope you know that there are also Okrika extremists like you, such as Dr Abam who claim that Okrika owns the whole of PH, even up to Elelenwo.

Finally, Eziachi, how can you live in PH and claim that Ogoni's are Ijaws. Are you sure you are from PH? What do names like Eleme, Khana, GoKhana, Leton, Ledum and Saro-Wiwa have to do with Ijaw? Please provide me a single link which shows that Ogoni's are Ijaws. The name Ogoni (Igoni) alone means "foreigner" in Ijaw language. Ogoni migrated up the atlantic coast just 150 years ago. Opobo people gave them virgin bush between Opobo and Okrika and they live there till this day.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by ow11(m): 7:23pm On Jan 06, 2009
How did a wishful thinking thread turn to ownership of PH tussle?

I thought Igwe meant 'King' in Igbo, Igbo people (romeo angry ) have argued previously that PH is owned by Igbos and it is statements like this that cause a lot of problems. Even If Ikwerre people are Igbos (I don't care If they are), they do not 'own' the entire city.

Dede1 and romeo angry should read Eziachi's post and stop browbeating Ibime.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by romeo(m): 8:18pm On Jan 06, 2009
ow11:

I thought Igwe meant 'King' in Igbo, Igbo people (romeo angry ) have argued previously that PH is owned by Igbos and it is statements like this that cause a lot of problems. Even If Ikwerre people are Igbos (I don't care If they are), they do not 'own' the entire city.

sharap dia! Como vuelvas a mencionar mi nombre te arranco la mandibula hijo de puta asqueroso angry
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Abagworo(m): 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2009
Most astonishing thing about riverine people is the claim of sand-fills,rivers,creeks and even the sea.lol.they even claim ownership of offshore oil riggs.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by ow11(m): 8:33pm On Jan 06, 2009
romeo:

sharap dia! Como vuelvas a mencionar mi nombre te arranco la mandibula hijo de puta asqueroso angry

The brain dead hillbilly from Mallorca has just escaped from the san and is running loose on NL. . . It shows your glaring lack of wit to write bollocks in a language many can't understand just because you are deficient in English language. So you can kpoa all you want in spanish, I do not give a flying Bleep!!

Once again, read Eziachi's post or you can gorge your eyes out so we know you can't see anything and can then permit your drivel on this thread!!

ANUOFIA!!
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by romeo(m): 9:26pm On Jan 06, 2009
ow11:

The brain dead hillbilly from Mallorca has just escaped from the san and is running loose on NL. . . It shows your glaring lack of wit to write bollocks in a language many can't understand just because you are deficient in English language. So you can kpoa all you want in spanish, I do not give a flying Bleep!!

Once again, read Eziachi's post or you can gorge your eyes out so we know you can't see anything and can then permit your drivel on this thread!!

ANUOFIA!!

The ability to speak more than 6 languages is not a joke. Leave the English deficient part for your village girls you impress with such kindergarten talks.

I made that comment in Spanish to my delight and mine alone. Twerp!
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Looklike2: 12:58am On Jan 07, 2009
Ibime, why una not just follow the yoruba comot for nigeria, make we know how many of us , who remain. we no go miss una with una MEND and bomb .

Make una package una bag and follow them. So that we fit hear word.

Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Looklike2: 12:59am On Jan 07, 2009
Ibime, why una not just follow the yoruba comot for nigeria, make we know how many of us , who remain. we no go miss una with una MEND and bomb .

Make una package una bag and follow them. So that we fit hear word.

Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by asha80(m): 1:12am On Jan 07, 2009
o nwere ndi ara n'agba na nairaland angry
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Looklike2: 3:52am On Jan 07, 2009
asha make you shout , see better map. do you believe in biafra? na yes or no answer.

Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by NegroNtns(m): 4:45am On Jan 07, 2009
When people like you talk, you just wonder if they know what the issue is or just spewing out anything that their brain can come out with. So Africans that want reparation from the West are the winners in slave trade saga according to your brain full of wisdom? Or the [b]Jews demanding reparation were Victors against the Nazis?[/[/b]quote]

Eziachi,

. . . let's see who'se brain is fried here.

Unlike Biafra which declared war against Nigeria and lost, African Americans did not fight a war with the West and neither did Jews declare war against Nazi.

Get it right!!!

20 Pounds given to Igbos were not a social security handout from Nigerians to the Igbos, the 20 Pounds comes from whatever money they seized from a bank account of every Igbo man, they will give the person 20 pound and the kept the rest. My family had over £600,000 in the Barclays bank and were given £20 and Nigerian government kept the remaining. That is what the 20 pounds is all about and not a gift as you thought. Those without money at all started life with nothing at all.

You need to study the history of war and read particularly on something called "spoils of war", as well as "reparation for cost of fighting war". When you disregard responsibility and allow your recklessness to lead your ego into an un-winnable battle, then you must understand there are consequences waiting at the end of the loss.

but. . .you had no history of wars, Biafra was your first and so I understand why you are clueless and un-elightened on these matters.

Why does every Yoruba or other tribes in Nigeria shit on their pants at the mention of Biafra?

Romeo,

I have an answer for you. Before that I have an assignment for you tonight. I need you to look at the title of this thread and consider my first response relative to the subject. Here, I will paste it for you.

Everywhere on the web Igbos are resoundingly united in the move for a successful cessation out of Nigeria and the start of a new life as Biafran citizens. If the war was a success Biafra would have penetrated Westward and take over Yorubaland. Biafra would have taken over Hausaland. There would not be a Nigeria and a Biafra, there would be a Biafra with Yorubas and Hausas as minorities and the name Nigeria would have been history.

Unfortunately for Biafra that did not happen. So what's next for Biafra beside accounts of war and agitation for cessation?

Look at that quote closely, study it, I did not say that spontaneously it came with depth and thoughtfulness and it answers your question word for word. I will give it time to simmer in your mind and then I will come back later, maybe tomorrow or next day and interprete it for you. Pay attention to the bold.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Dede1(m): 4:04pm On Jan 07, 2009
@Ibime

I have come to conclusion, through your imbecilic posts, that you belong to the group of folks who would travel to its grave very uneducated. There is no amount of your dumb shenanigan on this forum that could draw your sorry arse into the class of enlightens. Ndigbo had nothing against the Okirika people as many of then had grandparents form Igboland. But I will advise a loudmouthed punk like you to get off your high horse before you break a bone.

Please stop flaunting your ignorance in the public because I know tha the Okirika indigenes could do better. Even if you are nama tigogo and nama shobiri combined, you could still be of good use in sweeping the toilets.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ibime(m): 4:21pm On Jan 07, 2009
Mugu1,  grin grin grin

Once and for all, please stop speaking english wey pass you. Stick to your mother tongue.

Review your post again and correct yourself with reference to the following:

(1.) come to the conclusion

(2.) shenanigan[b]s[/b] (when refering to 'no amount of shenanigans', not the singular)

(3.) class of the enlighten[b]ed[/b]

(4.) ignorance in public (there is no the in that expression)

grin grin grin
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Dede1(m): 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2009
@Ibime

I am in the know that you are one twisted and miserable miscreant but I did not realize that you are also irredeemably delusional. The only thing you got correct on your usual wastages of Internet bandwidth is that my mother tongue is not English.

Do you not know that even grammar has a level, nama shobiri? I hope you are not insinuating that I should stoop to the level of crayfish grammar that is prevalent around the slump called Borokiri?

By the way, you should clap heartily for sorry empty scull for being able to gravitate towards the area of greater disorder. Look, nama tigogo, you are a borderline drooling slowpoke.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Ibime(m): 6:53pm On Jan 07, 2009
lol.

Go and take care of your granchildren jare! Original inhabitant of PH!
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 4:26pm On Jan 10, 2009
ow11:

@Ow11,
A point well spotted, yes "Igwe" in Igbo language can mean a king or a monarch. But just like in almost all languages, more than one thing can share the same spelling but with different pronounciations and meaning.
Igwe in Igbo language can mean- a King, the Sky, the Heavens, the Mighty, a Strong Metal or a Bicycle
Just like the word Egbe can mean a gun and a Kite (bird) at th same time.
But they pronounced in different forms.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 4:32pm On Jan 10, 2009
nuzo:

This is the first time you've gone nuts on nairaland. What do you mean by worst form of Igbo ascent to understand?
Tender your appologies immediately. angry

The word "WORST" wasn't intended in a bad light but I am trying to denote the most difficult part of Igbo ascent to understand by the generality of the Igbo race and my Igbo dialect inclusive in that bracket.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by Eziachi: 4:39pm On Jan 10, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

You need to study the history of war and read particularly on something called "spoils of war", as well as "reparation for cost of fighting war".  When you disregard responsibility and allow your recklessness to lead your ego into an un-winnable battle, then you must understand there are consequences waiting at the end of the loss. 

butyou had no history of wars, Biafra was your first and so I understand why you are clueless and un-elightened on these matters. 

Romeo,

I have an answer for you.  Before that I have an assignment for you tonight.  I need you to look at the title of this thread and consider my first response relative to the subject.  Here, I will paste it for you.

Look at that quote closely, study it, I did not say that spontaneously it came with depth and thoughtfulness and it answers your question word for word.  I will give it time to simmer in your mind and then I will come back later, maybe tomorrow or next day and interprete it for you.  Pay attention to the bold.

I though that you and me are both living in the 21st centrury and you are still using the idea of a war spoil and war booty? In a modern society another name for war spoil is war crime. War spoil ended in the day of Nebuchadenezzer and the Babylonians.
Taking another man product of his sweat because you won a political war is crime against humanity. Next you will be prescribing raping their wives and daughters as they will count as your war spoils too.
Re: What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? by NegroNtns(m): 8:04pm On Jan 10, 2009
Eziachi,

I found what I was looking for, it's here. . . https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-56575.32.html#msg3322823.

I found an Igbo person that has a lot of sense and a balanced outlook and boldness to seek a path forward. Why continue to chit chat with the irrational bunch agitating war? I've moved on dude, find your level! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos CJ Frees 153 Kirikiri Inmates / Ministerial Appointment, Call To Greater Service – Aregbesola / Obasanjo, Zulum, Kwankwaso, Maduka, Innoson For Leadership Excellence Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.