Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,662 members, 7,965,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 03:23 PM

Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday (16034 Views)

Buhari Hosts Heads Of States To Lunch At Aso Villa After Inauguration(pics) / List Of States Collating Results Presently / Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by igbeke: 10:21am On Feb 04, 2015
The shift might not really be necessary now that almost all my cell's member have gotten their PVC.
APC e-rats think its all about online hypes and the number of likes you get on Nairaland. But we the true Gejites know what it truly entails to win an election.
God willing before 14th February, I would have grown my PVCed Cell members 3,000.
APC is really in for a shock Nigerians will not forget in a hurry.
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by Kingspin(m): 10:25am On Feb 04, 2015
Jonathan has said that the election will hold, still media-buhari will not rest in their propaganda untill we shame them all. Only INEC can shift the poll.
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by organic973: 10:32am On Feb 04, 2015
I don't think GEJ is all about rigging.

Am saying let both permanent and temporary voters card be used. Anyone a person has should be used.

Joke apart GEJ is going back for 2nd tenure, so don't be surprise when it will be officially announced.
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by CharlesPhc: 10:40am On Feb 04, 2015
Blenvado:
"The call for enrollment as INEC ADHOC staff has been concluded, however shortlisted candidates will be contacted soon. Enrollees are also advised to print their Acknowledgement Slip as they will soon be invited for training"

This was taken from INEC ADHOC STAFF DATABASE Site this morning. My question, if 10 days to the Presidentail Election shortlisted candidates are yet to be contacted for training does that show INEC is prepared for this election?

My Thought too. Nigerians should be more realistic and direct their anger rather on INEC whom seem unprepared for the election. INEC is yet to put together a strong man-power for the election and are afraid to admit it...!!!
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by fctboy: 10:41am On Feb 04, 2015
There is need to postpone the election
Every effort to get my PVC prove abortive.
Many people has relocated and some are forced to travel to their
hometown due to fear of violence. All these need to be address otherwise many shall be disenfranchised
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by babestella: 10:41am On Feb 04, 2015
Youngzedd:
He must be crazy.

He should shift the election day and see protest.

This will be tougher than subsidy removal protest.

Don't you ever play games with Nigerians.

We want this to just come and pass, I am tired of all this campaign ish.

You must be the crazy one here. You are deranged, s!!lly and abysmally insane. When and if the election is postponed come and take to the street in protest & see if you will end up 6 feet within minutes. You are calling for violence at a time Nigeria needs peace. Try and come out to face the army you dirty swine. You think abusing your president will better your pathetic idealess and uninspiring low life. These are the kind of people supporting Association of Pathetic Criminals (APC) Heedioot.
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by PlutoLA(m): 10:49am On Feb 04, 2015
I don't understand this thing. When did FG become INEC?? Jega has said it out loud. All d PVCs are ready,go to your LG and collect. Why cant government urge ppl to do this instead of saying arrant bullshit. Those PVCs are out there ppl,just go and collect yours!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by PlutoLA(m): 10:51am On Feb 04, 2015
babestella:

You must be the crazy one here. You are deranged, s!!lly and abysmally insane. When and if the election is postponed come and take to the street in protest & see if you will end up 6 feet within minutes. You are calling for violence at a time Nigeria needs peace. Try and come out to face the army you dirty swine. You think abusing your president will better your pathetic idealess and uninspiring low life. These are the kind of people supporting Association of Pathetic Criminals (APC) Heedioot.

Last time I checked a dictionary,protest wasn't the same as violence. There are such things as peaceful protests,in case you've forgotten
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by thaoriginator: 10:58am On Feb 04, 2015
DuchessLily:
Shift or no shift... God's will must be done. Nigeria must move 4ward, nigeria must be gr8....Amen
amen but no shifting!
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by DuchessLily(f): 11:06am On Feb 04, 2015
thaoriginator:
amen but no shifting!
which-ever my bro. Na God sure pass
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by thaoriginator: 11:11am On Feb 04, 2015
DuchessLily:
which-ever my bro. Na God sure pass
Na true. Na God hand we dey. E go save us frm d wicked bad minds
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by Youngzedd(m): 11:14am On Feb 04, 2015
babestella:

How much were you paid

Why should they shift the election. Shifting it will result to more violence, the ones we have had is enough. Mind you that it takes every 4 years to conduct an election, so after 4 years we aren't ready

When are we going to be ready?

This election have messed up many things, we need to just get this off our mind. Shifting it is making things more worst.

My 2 cents.
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by DuchessLily(f): 11:21am On Feb 04, 2015
thaoriginator:
Na true. Na God hand we dey. E go save us frm d wicked bad minds
Amen!!!!!
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 04, 2015
A government that fails to respect the will of its people is worst than the most tyrannical military dictatorship. At least the military dictatorship doesn't pretend to be a democracy.

We need to pray that any attempt to stop Buhari by whatever means fails.
madjune:
We can see plots towards an unfair election or massive rigging outright schemes towards disquaification of the opponent unfold before our eyes.

The question we should ask is- who is supposed to convene the meeting? Is it not INEC?
INEC has clearly said that they're ready for the election; I don't understand what's jonathan's own there.

We all know he wants to buy more time so he could wreck more damage on buhari's persona through the courts.
Isn't that shameful? And he thinks the world will just keep watching his theatrics? And do nothing?

Jonathan is clearly taking Nigerians for a ride.
I hope he doesn't regret his actions later because in the end, those advising him on this devious schemes will desert him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by notoriousbabe: 11:26am On Feb 04, 2015
If baba peace like make him postpone the erec-tion till next year,all I know be say,we need change
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by saymax(f): 11:36am On Feb 04, 2015
otijah:
Me am voting for GEJ and still yet to collect my permanent voters card, u see where the problem is
The North is the most people that has PM voters cards and its a bit favouring Buhari, that's why we need the posponment

Gerrrrrrrroooooooouuuuuutttttt! Go and ask ur eastern brothers dat hv dia pvc but are running of to dia land(dont know wat dey r runnin frm anyway). Besides how many southerners like 2 register or even vote? Dey sit in d comfort of dia homes n wag dia mouths dat Gej will win.
Before u quote me

Am A Proud Southerner
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by eejo(m): 12:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
Apc satanic lies will not work has Gej told any one that polls had been shifted buhari is loosing and mushroom journalism to smear Gej will not work Gej till 2019
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by CharlesPhc: 12:06pm On Feb 04, 2015
Blenvado:
"The call for enrollment as INEC ADHOC staff has been concluded, however shortlisted candidates will be contacted soon. Enrollees are also advised to print their Acknowledgement Slip as they will soon be invited for training"

This was taken from INEC ADHOC STAFF DATABASE Site this morning. My question, if 10 days to the Presidentail Election shortlisted candidates are yet to be contacted for training does that show INEC is prepared for this election?

In 2011 the elections were conducted in April why can't this one also be conducted same month April 2015 and hand-over in May 29. I have been checking on the Amended Electoral Act 2010 to see the specified number of days before the hand-over day. When I find it, then I will understand why this election can't hold in April instead of February 2015...!!! See Electoral Act 2010 here http://www.placng.org/new/upload/Electoral%20%28Amendment%29%20Act%202010.pdf

The Electoral Act 2010 section 8 says elections should be conducted at a date 150 days or 30 days before hand-over
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by callmenow: 12:11pm On Feb 04, 2015
eighTHREAD:
After witnessing the low turnouts at his rallies, he is now convinced that he will lose, that's why he wants poll shift.

Is it by force? Sad pleb. One of the never do wells in Nigeria. Unemployable 'graduate'.
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by DesChyko: 5:04pm On Feb 04, 2015
Michaelpark:
I pray God should rule Your life The
Way Jonathan is ruling This Country. In Jesus Name we pray..l.
AMEN!!

I pray your future is as real and secure as Buhari's certificates.
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by Edusouls(m): 5:07pm On Feb 04, 2015
postponement or not, let's vote out thief G.E.J..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alledged Plan To Islamise Nigeria: “Methodist Prelate Refutes Report”.. / 2019 Will Be The End Of Saraki’s Deceit In Kwara- Group / PDP Thugs Destroying Electoral Materials In Cross River - APC Shares Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.