Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,228 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:29 AM

What Is The Definition Of ‘working Mom’? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Definition Of ‘working Mom’? (569 Views)

I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! / 12 Photos You Can Relate With If You Grew Up With A Nigerian Step Mom / My Mom Is Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Definition Of ‘working Mom’? by mum2mum: 12:19pm On Feb 04, 2015
I have heard women when introducing themselves say something like: “I am Ms. XYZ, a working mom…” and I wondered if the answer to the question “What do you do?” Shouldn’t be “I am Ms. XYZ, I am a …. (you say what your profession or business is)? We don’t get to hear men saying “I am Mr. ABC, a working dad” ever, so why women? I have often wondered what the motive behind it is. It seems all moms with the exception of a few are Working Moms! And with that came all manner of terms for the sake of those who don’t quite fit in, like Stay-At- Home-Moms (SAHM), Work-At-Home-Moms (WAHM), and then Moms in Business, career mom, momprenuers, and more to come.

Who really is a Working Mom? What do you tell people you do? How do you define yourself? With confidence or with a lack of it?

Please feel free to leave a comment here, you can read the full article at: http://mum2mumafrica.com/the-definition-of-working-mom/

Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Can You Really Choose The Sex Of Your Baby? / 6 Habits That Hamper Your Finances / R.e.s.p.e.c.t.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.