Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,847 members, 7,906,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 04:27 AM

Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons (58448 Views)

Revealed: Seized 47 Suvs, 100 Motorcycles Bought For Jonathan’s Campaign / No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria / Emir Sanusi To Electorate: Don’t Vote For Persecutors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by daudahauwa84: 6:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nigeria's education sector was not left out. In addition to initiating and implementing the Almajiri school system in the northern part of the country to widen the region's access to education, the government also established 12 federal universities -- nine in the north, three in the south. These citadels of learning will no doubt help decongest the already overcrowded classrooms in most our tertiary institutions.
. Promotion and practice of true democracy by creating an enabling environment where people from diverse backgrounds and with divergent views and opinions can be accommodated. Under the watch of Goodluck Jonathan administration, the APC was registered by INEC as a mega opposition party big enough to challenge the PDP at both state and national levels. This would have been unthinkable some years back.
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by dikeigbo2(m): 6:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
Taylor86:
hmmm.....soyinka swapping like a phone with a dual sim since d days of his white hair

You are on point ma guy, betrayers since the days of Adam and eve.

Gej till 2019

Kai Buhari
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by sasifo(m): 6:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
Most of all the Nigerian elites are so confused even with few days to the election.They can only talk extensively, do they even have a PVC to facilitate what they are double speaking?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by austinvsb1(m): 6:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
denko:
He's a sychiphant and Hausa Slave.

In your entire life, you ll never attain the level soyinka has attained. I blame mb for the free mb u have used to post this rubbish.
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by jdbrasco(m): 6:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
Don't mind d old man , Rotimi has paid for has paid for his hospital bill.
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by jdbrasco(m): 6:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
Don't mind d old man , Rotimi has paid for his hospital bill.
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by chipy(f): 6:07pm On Feb 05, 2015
A muslim can NEVER rule our beloved country bc they are evil,GEJ weldone sir we need u more by God's grace
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by fyneboi79(m): 6:09pm On Feb 05, 2015
RotrEmmanuel:
That's his own opinion. He is a Poet, and will never become a president of any nation.

Cheap propaganda!!! grin
You r so out of ur damn mind if u think a cheap criminal like you can come here and insult Soyinka.Who is ur father and what has he achieved?Yet you have the nerve to insult Soyinka for speaking the truth.Pls tell us what ur father was able to achieve aside drinking ogogoro like Gej undecided

Sai Gej to Otuoke
Sai Buhari Aso Rock
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by Princephelar(m): 6:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
ayukdaboss:

It is no coincidence that most of the controversial news (believed to be propaganda) by Sahara Reporters always turns out to be true. You can check the records. The reason why you dolts hate them is because they dish out the incompetence of this government you support to it's face hot...No form of as.s-licking whatsoever.

What is even more shameful is the fact that on previous occassions where Soyinka threw shots at GMB, it was never propaganda to you all. Now Soyinka is pointing out the incompetence of this useless government you support, he's suddenly a mere Poet and a member of APC National Committee...It's really unfortunate.
No mind dem jare... very sentimental. Not supportin any tho, bt for someone to think Soyinkaz speech is just a propaganda and call him just a POET! Na so ur love for GEJ strong reach wey make u see white dey call am black... chai! *in president Damez voice* DEARIS GOD O
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by femarium(m): 6:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
He is nothing but a flop. Soyinka is a cancer to the yourba race and christianity. Ogun state in particular
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by TheIkoro(m): 6:16pm On Feb 05, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
CB has spoken, and it is a Bond!

It is Ikoro....

Ikoro Iyineleda.
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by rhames(m): 6:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
ayukdaboss:

It is no coincidence that most of the controversial news (believed to be propaganda) by Sahara Reporters always turns out to be true. You can check the records. The reason why you dolts hate them is because they dish out the incompetence of this government you support to it's face hot...No form of as.s-licking whatsoever.

What is even more shameful is the fact that on previous occassions where Soyinka threw shots at GMB, it was never propaganda to you all. Now Soyinka is pointing out the incompetence of this useless government you support, he's suddenly a mere Poet and a member of APC National Committee...It's really unfortunate.

On point.
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by ollyruffy: 6:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
GEJ should be bracing for the impact of losing on Feb 14.

It is only people benefing from the rots this government has created or people that tribalistic or religious bigotry has be-clouded their level of reasoning that support continuation of this government of doom the clueless is leading

#GEJMUSTGO2015#
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by Forwetinnah: 6:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
Taylor86:
hmmm.....soyinka swapping like a phone with a dual sim since d days of his white hair

Him been dey wait for roger roger...E be lyk Ameachi don drop naim naim make him mujik change
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by TheIkoro(m): 6:24pm On Feb 05, 2015
mymadam:

Ahoy to you...! God bless Nigeria.

Righteousness exalts a nation: And sin remains a reproach to Nigeria.

Ahoy!

- Ikoro Iyineleda.
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by vigasimple(m): 6:24pm On Feb 05, 2015
The Born to rule Fulani masters are in terms of formal education are illiterates.

But in terms of political education, they have a PhD.

They have used boko haram and fake planned abduction of innocent children to bully and blackmail even a Professor like Soyinka to submission.

But shall we reward terrorist by voting for their masters?

Being a Professor does not mean you understand politics and the return of power to north especially to people like Bhuari will be a great mistake and rewarding terrorist and fear.
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by Krisddon: 6:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Wole Soyinka has spoken

That clears the air on all the false statements previously credited to him

Sai Buhari

9 more days
For your oga to cry abi?
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by Forwetinnah: 6:27pm On Feb 05, 2015
ollyruffy:
GEJ should be bracing for the impact of losing on Feb 14.

It is only people benefing from the rots this government has created or people that tribalistic or religious bigotry has be-clouded their level of reasoning that support continuation of this government of doom the clueless is leading

#GEJMUSTGO2015#

You're wasting your time...maybe if you say it with a million more people with more sweat and pronounced nerves showing on your faces his bowler hat might shift but GEJ as a person goes no where
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 05, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Wole Soyinka has spoken

That clears the air on all the false statements previously credited to him

Sai Buhari

9 more days
ahhh is it 9 days now? Let me go and clean my PVC....... change is near. Sai BUHARI
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by gabby4u4(m): 6:31pm On Feb 05, 2015
So what about the stuff he listed??
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by nortcentrallord(m): 6:34pm On Feb 05, 2015
A poet will always be a poet. Only the intelligent and wise will decipher his message. Ha has said it already that non of the two candidates are worthy of his vote But he wouldn't say it openly so he doesn't discourage other Nigerians from from exercising their right to VOTE. That is a wise man speaking. Am sure he expected APC to come out with a more credible candidate. U will always have my respect sir. As for me, GEJ till a better leader emerges.
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by ikechukwu354(m): 6:35pm On Feb 05, 2015
Taylor86:

that old man is really suffering from old age... ahh pick your stand as a man soyinka. ..
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by inalegwu99(m): 6:36pm On Feb 05, 2015
fellow counyry men...be wise
all we need is change
sai Buhari

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by Sajio(m): 6:37pm On Feb 05, 2015
Soyinka is entitled to ONE vote... my choice is Gej!! remaining just 9days to the poll, Gej is the sure winner!!
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by eleko1: 6:38pm On Feb 05, 2015
sadHe's a fresh gradute of jona Almajiri sch.lif am
Toongexa:
There is no word like "sychiphant" go back to school.
cheesy cool grin PDP and cluelessness/confusionist waka together
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by feelgood(m): 6:38pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ok, so what about thi statement he reiterated recently:

"The grounds on which General Buhari is being promoted as the alternative choice are not only shaky, but pitifully naive. History matters. Records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future. Of course, we know that human beings change. What the claims of personality change or transformation impose on us is a rigorous inspection of the evidence, not wishful speculation or behind-the-scenes assurances. Public offence, crimes against a polity, must be answered in the public space, not in caucuses of bargaining. In Buhari, we have been offered no evidence of the sheerest prospect of change. On the contrary, all evident suggests that this is one individual who remains convinced that this is one ex-ruler that the nation cannot call to order.

Buhari – need one remind anyone – was one of the generals who treated a Commission of Enquiry, the Oputa Panel, with unconcealed disdain. Like Babangida and Abdusalami, he refused to put in appearance even though complaints that were tabled against him involved a career of gross abuses of power and blatant assault on the fundamental human rights of the Nigerian citizenry."

http://goldmyne.tv/wole-soyinka-goes-all-out-on-this-one-the-nigerian-nation-against-general-buhari-by-wole-soyinka/

Also his very recent statement on the Abuja 'peace accord':

Identity Thieves And The 2015 Election Peace Accord - Wole Soyinka.

It was with high expectations that I have gone through the details of the Abuja peace accord recently agreed by the political party leaders, mandating decent and civilized campaign conduct among the contestants, their agents and supporters.
I was not disappointed. It is a positive step in the direction of democracy, for which I must commend the efforts of those seasoned interventionists, Emeka Anyaoku and Kofi Annan. Adhered to with good will and sincerity, it should ensure a wholesome space for future elections, and pre-empt further violence. It might even come close to what the democratic ideal should be, as canvassed by others, including Governor Fashola a few years ago – a people’s fiests!
From personal interest however, I was disappointed that the communiqué makes no reference to the violence done to members of the electorate whose identities are stolen, abused and debased during this exercise. It is rapidly becoming commonplace to encounter totally fictitious statements, even entire interviews published and attributed to unsuspecting authorship. This criminal proceeding has even involved the cloning of media mastheads to which non-existent interviews are then attached. To render it in local parlance, this is political 419, and of the most despicable brand.
While it would be unjust to place direct responsibility on the contestants, one must stress that they also have a moral responsibility to denounce these dirty tricksters in the strongest terms, even in their own interest. The resentment inspired in victims of such cowardly conduct cannot but impact on their own political image. The media must also protect itself by taking necessary measures against such unprincipled confusionists. It is the democratic right of every citizen to know exactly who is saying what on issues that affect their political choices.
Let me thus seize the occasion of the Abuja accord to state categorically that I have never made a statement endorsing any presidential or governorship contestant. All such attributions are fabrications by faceless, often self-appointed agents of deception, and should be publicly pilloried. Whenever I choose to declare support for a candidate - as is my electoral right - I shall ensure that I deploy a medium that places my authorship beyond dispute. Internet habituees, Social Network etc are urged to be less gullible, and avoid becoming cheap conduits for the deception industry!
I take a less serious – indeed, near carnivalesque - view of the opportunistic, and sometimes de-contextualized use of genuine quotes from statements I have made in the past – that is a different matter entirely. As a non-pensioned writer however, and thus dependent on the proceeds of intellectual property, such users should expect to hear from my Literary Agents.
I join General Abdulsalami and others in hoping that 2015 prove a live-and-learn election year, not a do-or-die!
Wole SOYINKA
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by felifeli: 6:39pm On Feb 05, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, declared on Thursday that no one should vote for the continuation of President Goodluck Jonathan’s government, saying that there has been a total failure in leadership.

He said he has sixty reasons not to vote for the Jonathan regime.

“I will not vote and I will not encourage ‎anyone to vote for the continuation of this government, simply because your colleagues numbering over two hundred were kidnapped, ” Soyinka told students at the 2015 edition of Vision of the Child (VOTC), a yearly programme inaugurated in 2012.

He said the Chibok girls kidnapped on 14 April of last year were sent on a mission to acquire an education, but ended up being kidnapped.

“And the government of this nation failed to show leadership.‎ So anyone who says after that event that I will vote or cast my vote or encourage anyone to vote for this regime must be living in Sambisa forest,” Soyinka said, referring to a forest in Borno State where the Chibok girls are believed to be held by Boko Haram.

“There has been a failure of leadership. Our children whom you represent today have been betrayed‎,” Soyinka said, adding that no appropriate action was taken to retrieve them.

Soyinka said it took the Jonathan government ten days to even accept that the Chibok girls were even missing.

“After that dereliction of duty, after that failure of leadership, after that betrayal for our future, for anyone to think or to put words in my mouth suggesting that I will vote or encourage anyone to vote for this regime is a travesty of intelligence, ” Soyinka said.

Soyinka laughed off those who had claimed on the social media that he ‎was dead, telling journalists at the event that they should not misquote him. If they do, he added, he will rise from the dead to correct them.

The 2015 edition of Vision of the Child has for theme “The Road to Sambisa”.

This year, a total of 250 student participants from 60 primary and secondary schools within Lagos attended the interview. The age bracket for the participants was 9 to 12 years.

Their entries were assessed by a panel of eminent judges comprising teachers, artists, child carers and social workers.

The finalists will be invited on the 7 March to the National Conversation Foundation Park. Lekki, and provided with brush, paint and easel, and will be required to illustrate their literary presentation in the complementary medium painting.

This year, 60 finalists were drawn from 35 schools within Lagos State, said Foluke George‎, Festival Secretary and Programme Manager for the Vision of the Child.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/02/05/wole-soyinka-no-one-should-vote-jonathan-he-has-shown-total-failure-leadership

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/05/dont-vote-for-jonathan-soyinka-lists-reasons/

[size=18pt]This baba should go and hunt aparo and leave politics alone grin grin grin [/size]
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by chinedujazzy(m): 6:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
We must VOTE rightly in 2015.

If SOMEONE is;

J = Joyfully
O = On
N = New
A = Assignment
T = To
H = Help
A = All
N = Nigerians

THEN we must also resist anyone who will

B = Bring
U = Us
H = Hatred
A = And
R = Religious
I = Intolerance

Plz be patriotic share
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by fansofgej: 6:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
Wole Soyinka don't know what He is saying, THE CHIBOK GIRLS ABDUCTION IS THE SCAM OF THE NIGHT.

= A STATE UNDER EMERGENCY RULE AND THERE WAS ABDUCTION OF OVER 200 SCHOOL GIRLS. THE QUESTION IS NOW
1) DID BOKO HARAM USE TWO LUXURIOUS BUS TO KIDNAPPED THEM KNOWING FULL WELL THAT ONE LUXURIOUS BUS CAN CARRY ONLY 56 PASSENGERS AND ON ATTACH, AT WORSE 120 IN ONE BUS.

2) DOES IT THAT THE ROAD THEY TOOK TO WHERE EVER THEY ARE, THERE WAS NO MILITARY ON GROUND UNTIL THEY MADE AWAY WITH THE GIRLS.

3) IF THERE WAS TRULY A KIDNAP, THE PRINCIPAL AND THE SECURITY PERSONNEL IN CHARGE OF THAT SCHOOL SHOULD BRING OUT THE GIRLS AND APOLOGIZE THE WHOLE COUNTRY AND INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY FOR TOTAL DECEIT.

WOLE PLS REASON THESE QUESTION AND KNOW WHAT U WILL WRITE ABOUT GEJ.

WEATHER SOME LIKE IT OR NOT GEJ WILL CONTINUE TILL 2019, THEN BUHARI can then take over.
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by eniwhy: 6:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
Mr.Woke Shoyinka is right in his comment. However. The incumbent government has disappointed the masses a lot!!!!!. he has spoken.
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by hansad: 6:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
Wole Soyinka Sir,

Chibok girls were actually kidnapped to make you say what you are now say against President Jonathan.

In the olden days: Wole Soyinka would have been at the forefront of criticisms against those using insurgency as a weapon to uproot a democratically-elected govt of Nigeria headed by Goodluck Jonathan;

Soyinka would have been at the forefront yelling at those who promised a few years ago that they would make Nigeria ungovernable if Jonathan became president.

Unfortunate, Soyinka has joined those who want to reward those that have killed more than 30,000 Nigerians in the last six years; Soyinka's fake reason: the still alive Chibok girls whose orchestrated kidnap was aimed to make Jonathan presidency a weak one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ben Murray-Bruce Mansion In Beverly Hills, USA / President Tinubu Meets With Falana In Aso Rock Over Subsidy Removal, Economy / Hisbah Police Commands Barber To Shave A Man’s Hair In Kano State (Pix, Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.