Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,166 members, 7,939,680 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 10:22 AM

Asp.net Developers: Let's Get To Know One Another - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Asp.net Developers: Let's Get To Know One Another (719 Views)

Let's Get Thousands Of Comment On Our Blog Posts / Asp.net Developers / Lack Of Asp.net Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asp.net Developers: Let's Get To Know One Another by javabeasns: 8:19pm On Dec 30, 2008
nairaland webmasters forum seem to be domianted by web designer and fledging php developers. So i observe. The .net platform is more robust and with Icaza's Monoproject and moonlight{www.monoproject.com} you can even deploy your .net applications on linux, mac and unix server platform.
I am going to start a series of free training(pdf and wmv) on developing ASP.net applications for both intranets and the internet from January ending.
I am not claiming to be a guru as no one can ever master the enormous .net class libraries but by us (.net developers and wouldbe developers) working together on the training and the Demo site (to be announced soon) we all will benefit.

Your positive responses to this post will be a great motivation.
Thanks
David
Re: Asp.net Developers: Let's Get To Know One Another by abumutalib: 11:02pm On Dec 30, 2008
thats a lovely idea. am looking forward to the tutorials.
Re: Asp.net Developers: Let's Get To Know One Another by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 04, 2009
nairaland webmasters forum seem to be domianted by web designer and fledging php developers. So i observe. The .net platform is more robust and with Icaza's Monoproject and moonlight{www.monoproject.com} you can even deploy your .net applications on linux, mac and unix server platform.
I am going to start a series of free training(pdf and wmv) on developing ASP.net applications for both intranets and the internet from January ending.
I am not claiming to be a guru as no one can ever master the enormous .net class libraries but by us (.net developers and wouldbe developers) working together on the training and the Demo site (to be announced soon) we all will benefit.

Ehm, some of us code in more than 1 language - i left asp for php - and i am usually a bit annoyed when ppl start saying one platform is more robust that the other, i know for a fact that asp.net is more robust than php - but some of us find open-source far more better and easier.

For instance, i cannot immagine a script i am looking for that is not free in php - once you know the corner-corner roads for internet - php is very well documented with lots of free libraries - fixes - look at Zend for instance and PEAR - and that is small.

Anyway the bottom line is - u can build an enterprise site with asp.net and i will still do the same thing with php and their wont be much difference if our target is the same - though some factors such as speed of access, will now depend more on our individual skills rather than the language - what i am saying is that - i am assuming you are a pro is asp.net - the features of the language you are putting into practice will not be up to 50% - in fact if you look at some ppls code u will start wondering that - what is this, what is that - but that doesnt mean you can not get the same results using what you know.

Having said all that - i am interested in learning asp.net properly this time and also Ruby-On-Rails - that is one my goals this year - a little diversity from regular php programming.
Re: Asp.net Developers: Let's Get To Know One Another by OmniPotens(m): 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2009
Nice observation dhtml. I love your comments here. Most people want to put down other languages either because they are not good at it or because they haven't gotten the good learning curve to tackle with it. People like me will always tell you that PHP is the better solution to things though other languages are there. The endpoint to all these is simply based on EXPERIENCE. Take for example, using classes in your development. It makes you works much easier for you. But someone who is not yet that experienced will simply have to recode the same thing most times. This same thing can go to PHP includes too where you edit just one page of code and the multiple pages will be edited.

All is a matter of experience. After all, was JavaScript not there when Ajax came into being? It's just a matter of being experienced and you can make things happen no matter what language.

Start off your ASP.net and I'll join in. I've not tried out anything on ASP but I think I'll do it this time around.

Cheers friends!

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft: We Screwed Up Windows 7 Beta, So Unlimited Downloads For Two Weeks / Nijacon 2009 - Abuja. / Newbie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.