Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,890 members, 7,872,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:22 AM

Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) (14197 Views)

Explained: How Buhari Miraculously Improved The Power In Nigeria Overnight / Explained: How Buhari Miraculously Improved The Power Overnight - Brimah / Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by Frankestein08(m): 6:34pm On Feb 05, 2015
Obiagelli:

If i hear agriculture for your mouth again.

Can you show us results of the so-called success in agriculture,

pls stay in ur cage, d result ll reach u in time...blind bat.
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by dahdah: 6:35pm On Feb 05, 2015
Frankestein08:

am sure the gods can't find ur own life story, u prolly fell from Mars.

Ain't get time for shit
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 05, 2015
ican2020:

Yes, we can!

3 years ago, a bag of rice cost b/w 11,000 to 13,500 naira.

Just last week I bought a bag of good rice at 8,500 naira here in Abuja.

For ones, we should speak the truth and stop lying.

And I hope all those asking for GMB will not have reasons to bite their fingers.
Which kind lie is this? Rice is still selling for 12 700 naira
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by slikcipher(m): 6:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
God Bless GEJ!!!!!!

Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by Frankestein08(m): 6:41pm On Feb 05, 2015
munex007:
you call this transformation?? you brain needs examination.

train that was used in 18th century,in a normal country this will be in musuem

#gejout

fool, am sure ur past presidents or GMB bought a bullet train for u abi.
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by iamkweezzy: 6:42pm On Feb 05, 2015
As the 2015 elections draw nearer, I have studied the unfolding dynamics and permutations, my conclusion is that all factors considered, it is in the best interest of Nigeria to vote out President Jonathan. I have summarized my reasons below.
*Nigeria has recorded remarkable economic growth under President Jonathan and yet bad roads everywhere in the country and no constant power supply just to mention few. Few Months ago, Nigeria overtook South Africa as the continent’s largest economy after it overhauled its gross domestic product data for the first time in more than two decades. According to verifiable figures for 2013, released by Nigeria’s statistics bureau, Nigeria’s GDP hit $503bn (£307bn) – nearly double previous estimates and well ahead of South Africa at around $350bn.This pushed Nigeria up 12 places to become the 24th largest economy in the world – on par with Poland and Belgium and ahead of Argentina, Austria and Iran. This is a huge achievement but how is the federal government mismanaging our economy and expect us to accept all this big figures of money
*President Jonathan has recorded significant backwardness in the power sector, backed up with insufficient good roads and poor infrastructural development. The bold privatization of the defunct PHCN paved way for private companies to control power supply in Nigeria. Most Nigerians can confirm that we do not have power supply round the clock, however there has been no commendable improvement.
*The need for change in our democracy is highly important. Having made tremendous retrogress discussed above, there is an important need for change in order to build a future for our children and their next generation. What is needed is a sustained initiative and a planned change of government
*A popular quote says “politicians think of the next election, statesmen think of the next generation”. Obviously President Jonathan does not believe in this. A president enmeshing himself in one political fight after another is not healthy for our politics. Jonathan aligning with the Jang faction as against Governor Amaechi that won an election is not Presidential. Amaechi had 19 votes while Jang had 16 votes, if the votes of only 35 people can be like that , I can't imagine what they will do to millions of votes. During a campaign in Ekiti state, the President was quoted to have said:“I would develop Ekiti state, if Fayose wins the election.” Is Jonathan not the President of Nigeria?
*Nigeria has never been so unsafe since the birth of the Nation like it is presently. Bombings, killings, destruction are being record daily and the Military and indeed the Jonathan Government is hapless and helpless. Agreed, the current security challenges predated the administration, but he promised to curb the menace of Boko Haram, hence he was voted massively into office in 2011. The onus lie on him to tackle the madness called terrorism. Obviously he seems incapable.
*The fact remain that the Chibok girls had beenin the hands of the sect for over 6 months, yet the President has not paid a visit to the family of the kidnapped Chibok girls. It took the coming of the Pakistani activist Malala Yussafzai to convince the President to do otherwise. Indecision you might want to say! Should such a figure remain as President? The President as finally neglected the chibok girls. How insensitive!
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by Frankestein08(m): 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2015
Obiagelli:

Which kind lie is this? Rice is still selling for 12 700 naira

taah...down here in akure, ondo state sef, a bag of rice is 8k.
am sure u're probably buying made in China rice
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by highmood(m): 6:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
Isiterere:

Don't mind their lies. An improvement in agriculture only on paper. After all the hype in agriculture, they end up importing rice from Thailand for their stomach infrastructure. ...
ALL IZZ WELL
how can you see the improvement and the output from our farms when your hearts and minds are fixed on getting an old imported rice and products from India and Thailand. Have you ever gone to the store to demand for Nigerian rice? Be honest.
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
Frankestein08:

What is the name of the rice
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by realsuccess: 7:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
highmood:
I also have my PVC and my woman and siblings now have thiers to credit jonathans vote as a result of the deficit you will be causing because, his train of transformation is taking us around to see the goods roads, the new universities being constructed, to see the farm outputs and the rice mills, to see the almagiri schools in the north, to see the work going on at the site of the new Niger bridge, the east-west road is not left out, the remodeled airports, its even taking us to visit higher institutions which is now receiving grants yearly for improvement of facilities or have you heard them talk of strike after thier last agreement? Except for LASU owned by Ashiwaju Private Company, to see new private companies springing up from Lagos to portharcout and to the north. In short, the fresh air is coming gradually like the harmattan, in few years time it will fill our eyes and nostril. GEJ and Jimi Agbaje, for President and Governor-a good and perfect combination.
I smell lies in all u have been saying, u have wasted your votes, meanwhile tell ur previous president to:

Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by Onegai(f): 7:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
I'm no PDP or APC fan, but GEJ looks great on paper, but weak in real life, re his projects.

Sure he threw Nigeria open to foreign investments. Those multinationals proceeded to fill their tech staff and upper echelons with more foreigners. Companies I can confirm that happens in is NigerDock, Airtel (IBM), CCECC and a few others. They're Nigerian on paper, but walk in there (I have). They're not training their Nigerian staff to take over from them anytime soon. CCECC is probably the worst offender, followed by the guys who run the telecomms IT support (Indians).

Fertiliser became a cabal, please go to the big fertiliser producing companies. Fear of Dangote is the beginning of wisdom for fertiliser, Cement and a few other products. He is merciless and will sit on the BOI and make your company's life hell. Fact.

Power hasn't improved. Not for a large amount of people. Lagos didn't improve drastically and we're the commercial hub. Giving villages and towns light with no viable industry to use it, is a waste.

Govt Red tape and Beaureacracy is amazing. Corruption will daze you (from LG to state to FG), running cost of business in Nigeria isn't reasonable.

No-one is saying GEJ didn't do something, but will your company keep employing you after 6 years and you tell them "next year I'll do better though I've not done much since then till now"? GEJ handed too much power to certain people in his govt, so they all work independently (Rail should have been working with Power, Power could have gotten some help from Agriculture, Tourism, Education, Culture should have been in bed with Agriculture and Infrastructure, etc)

GEJ didn't do that (OBJ did, just try having top meetings without him, you go know your papa name that day grin ) GEJ let them do what they like without having to report to him sef, so they were announcing reforms up and down (you bring in Automobile industry and don't ask Education sector to be at the forefront of it, you are setting up Nigerians to continue being Technician II and middle level Engineer, Bsc or no).

That's my take. I don't know if Buhari will do better (he has too many old faces whom I'm familiar with surrounding him).

I would rather give an outside Presidential candidate my vote. And I know a growing number of people who are eschewing PDP and APC. Yes, say our vote will waste, we are making a statement to both parties: "Nigeria is in trouble and you two don't sound like you have all the answers to our trouble".

3 Likes

Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by Frankestein08(m): 7:08pm On Feb 05, 2015
Obiagelli:

What is the name of the rice

African king (pjs), lucky thai...
shey u no want pics too, I go send am if u need am, even d one I just boiled now now
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 05, 2015
Frankestein08:

African king (pjs), lucky thai...
shey u no want pics too, I go send am if u need am, even d one I just boiled now now
Did you say lucky thai? Is that one made in Nigeria too?

Mama gold rice still sells for 13k
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by inalegwu99(m): 7:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
the days of cluelessness will soon be over
sai Buhari

Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by iamkweezzy: 7:30pm On Feb 05, 2015
Frankestein08:

They say rice is being produced in Nigeria...agreed o
so now tell me...when was the last time you eat a rice made in Nigeria?
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by banki(m): 7:34pm On Feb 05, 2015
the annoying part of this op talk is the HYUNDAI NISSAN TOYOTA AND INNOSON MOTORS....

I want to ask mr OP and I need honest answers

How many Nigerians can afford the cheapest Nissan and Hyundai brands manufactured in Nigeria, Since they go for between 5m -12m naira?
interest rates are between 19%-24% so which bank will give me funds to affordably buy our GEJ inspired autos?
were this companies in Nigeria before if so why did they leave?
how many jobs have they created?
are they given any special import waivers if so to what extent?
the power they use to assemble this vehicles is how is it generated?
how many of this cars have been produced since the auto revolution started?

please educate me
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 05, 2015
The writer of these fantasy is a failure to his generation; no defense of think magnitude can bring him back to power again, go and collect your money for the write up and quietly vote for change. Vote for APC
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
banki:
the annoying part of this op talk is the HYUNDAI NISSAN TOYOTA AND INNOSON MOTORS....

I want to ask mr OP and I need honest answers

How many Nigerians can afford the cheapest Nissan and Hyundai brands manufactured in Nigeria, Since they go for between 5m -12m naira?
interest rates are between 19%-24% so which bank will give me funds to affordably buy our GEJ inspired autos?
were this companies in Nigeria before if so why did they leave?
how many jobs have they created?
are they given any special import waivers if so to what extent?
the power they use to assemble this vehicles is how is it generated?
how many of this cars have been produced since the auto revolution started?

please educate me
they only assembled not manufacture, that op is a disgrace
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by Isiterere(m): 7:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
highmood:
how can you see the improvement and the output from our farms when your hearts and minds are fixed on getting an old imported rice and products from India and Thailand. Have you ever gone to the store to demand for Nigerian rice? Be honest.
Maybe you're not getting my point' how can a government that claimed to have make a giant strides in agricultural sector of the economy still went ahead to Thailand to import rice for stomach infrastructure. Why not improvement in our local rice :processing and packaging it in a better form, stop importation. if the so called imported rice is no where to be found, people will buy the local but proved ones. I can bet it with you that GEJ is consuming imported rice like each and everyone of us. I want a government of "do as I do" not "do as I say"

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by InvertedHammer: 8:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
/
Now I understand why they say that absolute power corrupts because if I have the power I will make a law that prohibits the phrase " I will" from English lexicon so that GEJ will stop abusing it.
\
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by dharay99: 8:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
Frankestein08:

no bruh, u nid check up...the truth hurts, doesn't it?
y'all be saying GEJ did nothing, now d truth with authentic proofs are placed b4 u and u think someone needs check up! u prolly way past needing check up, life machine sef don reject u aiidy.

Now u & d 0p needa flown abroad and b checked by a scientific robot.
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by megacool360(m): 9:14pm On Feb 05, 2015
free2ryhme:
grin grin grin

hope patience Jonathan kiss is the result of this theoretical jargon

Only idiots will contemplate voting for Mr Jonathan. He is a perfect example of failure!

No. Only cretins will contemplate voting for Buhari. He is forgery and lies personified. Deeply rooted in what he claims to fight against. A hypocrite is more honourable anyday than Buhari.
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by munex007(m): 10:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
Goofball!!If u dey vex with d progress of BUHARI abeg go hug transformer, thou u might not DIE coz there is no light!

Frankestein08:

fool, am sure ur past presidents or GMB bought a bullet train for u abi.
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 06, 2015
uyplus:
GEJ is really that bad to allow Abba Moro still be a serving minister after defrauding jobless youths. He is really that bad to increase his feeding budget from N1bn in 2014 to N4bn in 2015. He is that bad to stay mute when hus wife was indicted in a $13m money laundering case with EFCC. He is really that bad to allow Dieziani use N10bn on private travels. He is really that bad to have spent $30bn on revamping power yet no giant achievements has been made. He is really that bad to have increased our external debts from $26bn to $70bn. He is really that bad to have spent N968bn as security budget yet nothing has been achieved against the fight for insurgency. He is really that bad to have stayed mute on the missing $20bn exposition by the whistle blower, Sanusi Lamido. He is really that bad to be budgeting N2bn to build VP residence while ordinary Nigerians are homeless. He is really that to be spending N10bn on 11 presidential jets, when he should be more prudent to have max of 2. He is really that bad to have allowed $15m to be swept under the carpet in the illegal arm deal at South Africa, where the names of the Nigerians involved are still shrouded in secrecy but the name of the Israeli was exposed. He is really that to have attended the Organization of Islamic Countries meeting when no president in Nigeria has ever attended such. He is really that bad to have stayed mute on the scam $470m cctv contract deal in FCT, yet no surveillance camera is working. He is really that bad to have said stealing is not corruption. He is really that bad to have said "how much did Jim Nwobodo stole, money that can't buy a Peugeot" (why would a sitting president commonise stealing of public funds, even if it's N1, it shouldn't be stolen because it's should be a call to service and not an avenue to redefine comfort). He is really that bad to have allowed to pension scam thief go with a little punishment. He is really that bad to have pardoned ex-convicts like Bode george, and Alameyghsia. He is really that bad to have not even find a major road like the east/west road which connconnects the south south region. He is really that bad to allow an overinflated budget of N117bn for the 1.5km 2nd Niger bridge yet Lagos state government built the 1.3km Lekki-Ikoyi bridge for N29bn. GEJ is really that bad to allow Tompolo own a warship, and Asari and Boyloaf issue war threat, yet they haven't been arrested. He is failure to have used his cohorts to aattempt sweeping the issue of the alleged missing N30tn under the carpet.

Nigerians want change. We demand accountability. We want a government that is ready to fight for the masses.

To hell with GEJ. If you fail to see that he is a failure, I will open your eyes to the obvious. He is a failure, even with 6years of oil boom he failed, now he wants to deceive us that he can perform in 4years in oil doom.
Tell me why the President can't make simple sacrifices and cut down the wastage we are seeing in the presidency! Imagine the over-bloated recurrent expenditure filled with garbage!! What sort of leader is GEJ?
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by dafuturis(m): 12:32am On Feb 06, 2015
So where is the missing $20b and the Chibok girls?
Re: Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) by Heffalump(m): 6:21pm On Feb 06, 2015
THE OPPOSITION PARTY, APC WANT US TO BELIEVE THAT GEJ HAS FAILED IN ALL RAMIFICATIONS. THE TRUTH IS THAT MANY ENLIGHTENED NIGERIANS KNEW THAT THIS MAN HAS FAR PERFORMED ABOVE AVERAGE. THE LEADERSHIP OF APC IS MADE UP OF BAD EGGS FROM PDP. DO YOU WANT TO ENTRUST NIGERIA IN THE HANDS OF THIS CRIMINALS? NEVER! NEVER!!

ALL THEY KNOW HOW TO DO IS TO BLINDFOLD GULLIBLE NIGERIANS IN THE NAME OF TAKING POWER BY FORCE THRU RIDICULE AND BLATANT LIES. YES, CHANGE IS CONSTANT BUT NOT BY PLAYING INTO THE HANDS OF THESE VULTURES LYING IN WAIT FOR THE KILL.

NIGERIANS, BE WISE!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Arrives Birmingham, United Kingdom Ahead Of Warwick Africa Summit / Former Zamfara Governor, Sani Yerima Visits Atiku (Photo) / Lagos NLC Endorses Tinubu And Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.