Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,895 members, 7,922,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 07:57 PM

Share Your Holiday Memories! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Holiday Memories! (798 Views)

Cool Water Views To Spend Your Holiday With Your Family / Would YOU Let Your Man Pack Your Suitcases For Your Holiday? / Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Holiday Memories! by DonEse125(f): 12:07am On Dec 31, 2008
The holidays are half gone,and i'm sure a lot of us are reminiscing abt past holidays,family,friends etc. Let's share those memories,be they romantic,funny,or just plain silly. Here's mine:Back when we were kids,my sisters,my family and i went to benin every single holiday,and so did our cousins,so there was always a full house;we'd come from lag,they'd come from warri while my other cousins lived in benin. Imagine having 15-20 kids ranging from 5 to 18 in the same house at the same time,that's right,15-20 kids,and that was from my dad's immediate family only(his father had 9 wives,at least those we know of). The house was always crowded,but it was never boring. One of my cousins and me were inseperable then. We were the closest in age. We were unrepentant pranksters,and i want to share one memory with u. There was one time my senior sister was asleep. She slept like a log of wood,we were bored,so we decided to play a prank. Aisien(my cousin)had one of his mum's old make-up kits,and i knew where my sister kept hers. So we went to the room with our tools,shut the door and got to work. We painted her lips purple,put mascara on her cheeks and put little dots of red powder all over her face like a masquerade. Then,my specialty,i gave her a moustache,with eyeliner! And she slept right through it! It cracks me up just thinkin abt it. It turned out that she'd taken a drug that caused sleepiness. Then,he took a picture. When she finally woke up,we took her to the mirror. She nearly died of shock. Then,to top it off,we told her we'd used permanent markers. She scrubbed her face so hard she nearly peeled off her skin. She almost killed us that day,but i swear it was worth it. We still tease her abt it,down to this day,and the pictures are stil with us(we made copies). Please share your holiday memories!
Re: Share Your Holiday Memories! by benincitys(f): 12:46am On Dec 31, 2008
please can we see the pictures?
Re: Share Your Holiday Memories! by DonEse125(f): 1:27am On Dec 31, 2008
They're not with me rite now. I'm in benin.
Re: Share Your Holiday Memories! by benincitys(f): 1:40am On Dec 31, 2008
is not a good ideal to post it here i know , please can you help me with some good hotels in Benin .
Re: Share Your Holiday Memories! by DonEse125(f): 1:51am On Dec 31, 2008
I was abt to say the same thing myself. This is a public forum,and i'm not gonna subject my sister to that kind of scrutiny. As for hotels,i'll see what i can dig up by tommorow. They're some good ones i know,but i cant seem to remember their names. I'm staying with a family member. It'd be an insult to stay in a hotel when my whole family's there. Are you planning to come to benin by road?
Re: Share Your Holiday Memories! by DonEse125(f): 2:10am On Dec 31, 2008
Ok,i remembered some;xcalibur,royal marble,motel benin plaza. They're relatively easy to locate.
Re: Share Your Holiday Memories! by benincitys(f): 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2009
thanks i will check them out.to your question yes i am coming by road .
Re: Share Your Holiday Memories! by plappville(f): 7:50pm On Jan 06, 2009
Don_Ese125:

I was about to say the same thing myself. This is a public forum,and i'm not going to subject my sister to that kind of scrutiny. As for hotels,i'll see what i can dig up by tommorow. They're some good ones i know,but i can't seem to remember their names. I'm staying with a family member.It'd be an insult to stay in a hotel when my whole family's there. Are you planning to come to benin by road?

What insult must u please ur family and be a victim of armed robbering all these killing here and there we hear about are not fake, there is even one POSTE here in NL about one IFEOMA that left the US for her home town in IHIALA to visit her family after 20 years of stay in the US.

I know her half sister here. apart from this one, there have been several killing of most akaterians by robbers in Benin too, i am not saying the hotel is most secured oo, but it's safer than the family home, cos u don't know who is who coming to say hello and taking look at the entrace of the of the bulding. there is no insult that will be greater than the safty of my life ooo.

(1) (Reply)

3 Tips - How To Make Him Fall In Love With Me / Heartless! Man Bathes Daughter With Acid / Good Parenting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.