Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,807 members, 7,872,685 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:47 PM

My Construction Journal 2 - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Construction Journal 2 (16062 Views)

The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction / Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / My Construction Diary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Jarus(m): 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2015
tsiriman:

Hello sir God is making you bigger and bigger. One in kwara and another in Lagos. Weldone

Please how much is the cost of the foundation because I'm planning on buying abd building on a waterlogged land but i want to have an idea of how much it will cost to do a raft foundation like this. Please how much did the foundation only cost.

Thank you.

Amin. Thanks

Spent 1.5m on this foundation. The place is not so waterlogged though. It's semi-dry
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 21, 2015
aishaquest:

Hmmm...most homes in the US are wood frame structures. It is not something for only the mega rich. The logging industry is a huge here. I guess lumber is more readily available and less expensive here.

Here in the US you would have to be mega rich to afford a house built this way. smiley

I've been looking for sources of US quality wood but I haven't found a source in Nigeria yet.

I'll do more search on the ground in a week.

It's a shame that we're not using our natural resource of wood even though we are smack dab in a rain forest.
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by enrilove12: 12:07am On Feb 22, 2015
Jarus:

Amin. Thanks

Spent 1.5m on this foundation. The place is not so waterlogged though. It's semi-dry

Please wots is the dimension of the building? Can u share the floor plan?
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by mufutau55(m): 2:55am On Feb 22, 2015
enrilove12:

Please what is the dimension of the building? Can u share the floor plan?

Seconded, Jarus.

Hajji M.
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Jarus(m): 10:51am On Feb 22, 2015
Took this shot from my plan.

That's the floor plan

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Jarus(m): 10:56am On Feb 22, 2015
Front view from the plan.

1 Like

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 22, 2015
Jarus:
Front view from the plan.

Are you propositioning a lady of the night?

wink

1 Like

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Jarus(m): 11:05am On Feb 22, 2015
oyb:

Are you propositioning a lady of the night?

wink

No mind the architect jare. Na overdo cheesy
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by imoci(m): 2:04pm On Feb 22, 2015
hello sir great job,i will like to c the front and back view of this finnished project. thanks
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Jarus(m): 10:30pm On May 12, 2015
Covered the roof few weeks back.

1 Like

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by aishaquest(f): 1:31am On May 13, 2015
Looking good. Congratulations smiley
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Jarus(m): 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
Recent pictures.

1 Like

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Jarus(m): 10:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
We have now done everything except tiling.

Electric wiring done. POP done.

Approximately 7m spent so far

1 Like

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Jarus(m): 10:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
Remains

Tiling
Sandfilling of compound
Fencing (thankfully the neighbour to the right has started doing fence, meaning I will only do for the other side)
Plumbering
Furnishing

2 Likes

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Odunharry(m): 7:01am On Aug 06, 2015
Nice one Jarus
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by smiley001(m): 12:26pm On Aug 06, 2015
Nice one there Jarus, may Almighty GOD finish it for u... Amin.

For ur subsequent granite, u can contact us and we promise not to disappoint or fail u.

There is nothing bad in giving us a trial too as it may convince u.

Tanks sir.

2 Likes

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2015
For your windows and other Aluminium works pls contact Perfect Touch Aluminium, we offer services anywhere , lagos ,ogun , abuja etc. Tel:08153665659,08067079715. Thanks
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Jarus(m): 7:32pm On Aug 07, 2015
More pics. Fixed the aluminium today. For the guy that said he wanted to see the back view, the first pic is back view.

2 Likes

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by diordaves(m): 9:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
Well done Jarus.

Just a short one: does the 7 million spent to far include the foundation for the main building or just the "man quarter" ?
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Jarus(m): 10:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
diordaves:

Well done Jarus.

Just a short one: does the 7 million spent to far include the foundation for the main building or just the "man quarter" ?

Yes, foundation inclusive. I haven't. Started the BQ.
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by diordaves(m): 1:05am On Aug 08, 2015
Jarus:

Yes, foundation inclusive. I haven't. Started the BQ.

Ok I get you. I asked because one of the pix you posted above included a raft (?) foundation of what appears a bigger building together with the already roofed building and I mistakenly jumped into conclusion that the roofed building must be the BQ. If you've spent 7 mill so far, you may easily spend over 10 mill at completion for a bungalow. Are you happy with the spend so far or you think you could have done better in some areas?

1 Like

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Jarus(m): 6:48pm On Sep 19, 2015
diordaves:

Ok I get you. I asked because one of the pix you posted above included a raft (?) foundation of what appears a bigger building together with the already roofed building and I mistakenly jumped into conclusion that the roofed building must be the BQ. If you've spent 7 mill so far, you may easily spend over 10 mill at completion for a bungalow. Are you happy with the spend so far or you think you could have done better in some areas?

Maybe we could have done better, but we did close monitoring of purchases as much as possible.

With 1.5m, this should be rounded up, insha Allaah.

However, I spent well over 10m on my Kwara bungalow, though it has better design and a twin-BQ.

1 Like

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by USAutoBuy(m): 9:42am On Sep 20, 2015
What is the external dimensions again?
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by abouzaid: 10:35am On Sep 20, 2015
aishaquest:

Hmmm...most homes in the US are wood frame structures. It is not something for only the mega rich. The logging industry is a huge here. I guess lumber is more readily available and less expensive here.

Here in the US you would have to be mega rich to afford a house built this way. smiley

the cost of building a concrete home is only slightly more than a wooden framed house in America and it's lasts longer, require less maintenance, less prone to damages from bush fires, earthquakes and destructive strong winds, your insurance payments would be less and you would have less heating and cooling costs. please Google it.

1 Like

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Jarus(m): 10:56am On Sep 20, 2015
More pics

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by adeememman(m): 12:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
I am readily available for all Aluminium works. We are expert in this field and cherish the precious image we have built. You wont regret working with us.
Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Seun(m): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
The grass on your site is lovely. All you need to do is to mow it.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by twinskenny(m): 1:27pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun:
The grass on your site is lovely. All you need to do is to mow it.

seconded!!

except for car park.. look lovely

1 Like

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Jarus(m): 8:16am On Nov 28, 2015
To Allah be the glory, 90% completed

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Jarus(m): 8:17am On Nov 28, 2015
More pics

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Jarus(m): 8:21am On Nov 28, 2015
One of the rooms.

1 Like

Re: My Construction Journal 2 by Odunharry(m): 8:54am On Nov 28, 2015
nice one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Recover My Late Father's Property? / Landlord Or Landlady, Which Of These Do You Prefer To Rent Their Houses?? / Electrical, Cctv, Audio, Satellite Tv... 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.