Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,046 members, 7,949,560 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 01:19 PM

Thugs Attack Ekiti APC Chief, Beat 82-year-old Mother - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thugs Attack Ekiti APC Chief, Beat 82-year-old Mother (527 Views)

APC Chief Opens Up On The Fight Between President Buhari And Atiku / 'James Ibori Will Return In July To Help Sanitize Nigeria'-APC Chief,Ayiri Emami / Gunmen Behead Franklin Obi, APC Chief, Kill Family In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thugs Attack Ekiti APC Chief, Beat 82-year-old Mother by Sanchez01: 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2015
Political thugs attacked the residence of the immediate past caretaker Chairman of Irepodun/Ifelodun Local Government, Alhaji Azeez Awolokun, on Wednesday evening in Igede Ekiti, dragging his 82-year-old mother at gun point.
Awolokun, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress told reporters on Thursday that thugs suspected to be loyal to the Peoples Democratic Party stormed the place at about 5.30 pm came in two Toyota Hilux vehicles and a PDP branded bus with the portrait of a House of Representatives candidate.
The former council boss said the thugs did not spare his 82-year-old mother whom they beat to stupor after they had beaten him and other members of the household.
Awolokun said the thugs destroyed all the posters and billboards of APC candidates, adding that innocent passersby were not spared while the attack lasted.
“My house was attacked by these thugs and it was God that saved me, my household and my 82-year-old mother, Madam Omorin Awolokun, from the thugs who did not even care that she is an old woman.
“They were shooting guns and destroying all banners and posters in my house at Igede. They destroyed my DSTV dish and cord, all the cartridges of their guns are with me. They dragged my mother at gunpoint. If something like this is happening before election, I wonder what will happen on the day of election.
“In fact, we have an information that some of us have been pencilled down for arrest before the election day and any moment from now, they will be picking us one after the other.”
Awolokun revealed that the incident had been reported at Igede Police Station.
When contacted, the Ekiti new Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Alberto Adeyemi, confirmed the attack to our correspondent on Thursday.
“The case was reported at Igede Police Station but has been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department for investigation,” he said.
Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/thugs-attack-ekiti-apc-chief-beat-82-year-old-mother/
Re: Thugs Attack Ekiti APC Chief, Beat 82-year-old Mother by RotrEmmanuel: 10:30pm On Feb 05, 2015
Sad
Re: Thugs Attack Ekiti APC Chief, Beat 82-year-old Mother by utytill(m): 10:32pm On Feb 05, 2015
Pls no violence.i pitied the mama.
Re: Thugs Attack Ekiti APC Chief, Beat 82-year-old Mother by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
Fayose's brand of free n fair elections

(1) (Reply)

Why INEC Decided To Postpone Nigeria General Elections / Similarity Btw GEJ And Gbagbo / GEJ Is Trying To Manipulate The Position He Didn't Struggle For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.