Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,390 members, 7,881,413 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:56 PM

When Is It Ok To Judge People? Your Views - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is It Ok To Judge People? Your Views (930 Views)

Nigerian Judge Celebrates His Divorce In Benue (Photos) / Judge Orders Husband To Have Sex With His Wife (pics) / Don't Judge People By Their Character... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is It Ok To Judge People? Your Views by tpiah99: 11:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
- when they are projecting feelings of hatred towards underage children, say a toddler.

- when they are judging kids by their parent/s deeds or misdeeds
Re: When Is It Ok To Judge People? Your Views by undercat: 12:11am On Feb 06, 2015
After giving them fair hearing

1 Like

Re: When Is It Ok To Judge People? Your Views by Nobody: 6:29am On Feb 06, 2015
I agree with undercat. never blame or judge even the worst criminal until u hear their reasons for such atrocities
Re: When Is It Ok To Judge People? Your Views by crackhaus: 8:18am On Feb 06, 2015
All I know is that;
For anyone who sits on the seat of judgement, he/she must leave the door to his/her own house wide open so that others can judge them as well.

3 Likes

Re: When Is It Ok To Judge People? Your Views by Alephilomath: 9:20am On Feb 06, 2015
^^Pete Edochie wannabe grin undecided
Re: When Is It Ok To Judge People? Your Views by tpiah99: 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2015
lofty900:
I agree with undercat. never blame or judge even the worst criminal until u hear their reasons for such atrocities

hear their reasons you say?

You must be sympathizing with boko haram when they bomb then.
Re: When Is It Ok To Judge People? Your Views by tpiah99: 5:45pm On Feb 06, 2015
crackhaus:
All I know is that;
For anyone who sits on the seat of judgement, he/she must leave the door to his/her own house wide open so that others can judge them as well.

that's s.tupid.

you can leave the door of your own house wide open for armed robbers to enter, that has nothing to do with the thread.

What the bible says is when someone is practicing evil, you are to correct (judge ) them in a spirit of love. There is nothing good about covering or making excuses for evil. When you wink at sin, it will swallow you.
Re: When Is It Ok To Judge People? Your Views by crackhaus: 8:10pm On Feb 06, 2015
tpiah99:

that's s.tupid.

you can leave the door of your own house wide open for armed robbers to enter, that has nothing to do with the thread.
If after reading that comment, the first thing that came to your underdeveloped mind was a literal door and a literal house, then you're even more insane than I thought.

What the bible says is when someone is practicing evil, you are to correct (judge ) them in a spirit of love. There is nothing good about covering or making excuses for evil. When you wink at sin, it will swallow you.
The same Bible that had Jesus telling the accusers to throw the first stone only if they were without sin?

You have been reading your Bible upside down for sure.

2 Likes

Re: When Is It Ok To Judge People? Your Views by tpiah99: 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
crackhaus:

The same Bible that had Jesus telling the accusers to throw the first stone only if they were without sin?

Matthew 7

11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

kindly note the bolded words.

Here's more:

Matthew 18:

10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones

21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”

22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times

The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant

23 “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.
24 As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold was brought to him.
25 Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

26 “At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’
27 The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

28 “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins.He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded.

29 “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’

30 “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt.

31 When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened.

32 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’

34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”
Re: When Is It Ok To Judge People? Your Views by tpiah99: 8:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
crackhaus:

If after reading that comment, the first thing that came to my underdeveloped mind was cursing then I am insane.

I read the Bible upside down for sure.
Re: When Is It Ok To Judge People? Your Views by iyaaliyah: 10:10am On Feb 07, 2015

(1) (Reply)

His MOM Gave Him Condoms To Take With Him On Holiday, 'is That Appropriate? / Why Are They Having Females / The Nutritional Value Of Walnut(ukpa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.