Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,831 members, 7,915,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:10 PM

4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria (25243 Views)

How To Identify Fake Naira Notes / Beware Of These Scammers In Town. Am A Victim. (pics)!! / The Reasons Why Most Online Businesses Fail In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by lovemko(m): 6:53pm On Feb 09, 2015
from all the evidence, its obvious the cheap price tags actually leads one into all d troubles that follows...
basicaly we must beware of CHEAP THINGS

am glad this topic finaly made front page... i actually had hopes it wil and alot of nigerian should learn from here

i wish topics like this too makes F.P

https://www.nairaland.com/2137311/home-videography-equipment-hiring-affordable
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by Vyntra(m): 6:59pm On Feb 09, 2015
sigidporte:
To avoid being scammed, avoid buying stuffs online.

I trust konga
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by toby2(m): 9:47pm On Feb 09, 2015
I posted my experience on nairaland more than twice... hehehehe they hid he topic
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by bigbams24: 11:18pm On Feb 09, 2015
I once saw a 42" LG LED TV advertised for 30k. It was too good to be true but I'm one of the most cautious people online basically because I have related with some of these people before and I know they are just not smart but generally lucky to find a few in 1 million that are very gullible. I called the guy and told him I was calling from Ikorodu then he said he was at Seme. I just told him it couldn't work 'cos I'd like to see what I want to buy before I pay. Another thing that informed this was when I ordered for some stuff on Taafoo which I luckily decided I'd pick up at their store. On getting there, I found out that almost all the stuff on their site were stuff that are sold cheaply along the road in Ikeja or Ojota. So I always wanted to see whatever I want to buy online before I pay. I think this is a nice policy to have if you want to escape online scammers on such sites as OLX. I've actually bought a used Bold 4 from a guy on OLX and I had to meet him at a filling station where I had a good look at the phone before paying. Truth is, what the OP said are very correct and if you keep my kind of policy, you will escape most of them.

If you want to do online shopping, rather buy from Jumia or Konga and the likes. They can deliver to you before you pay and you can also go to their store to see what you want to buy before paying. Also Kaymu is looking like another one that will go the OLX way if they are not careful.
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by FarnTarhCoal(m): 12:24am On Feb 10, 2015

Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by wcurtis76(m): 6:29am On Feb 10, 2015
My brother thank u so much for this I ve see it .....all dis u just mentioned are pure that's wat dey do but they r failures.... embarassed
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by DaBullIT(m): 8:44am On Feb 10, 2015
[size=18pt]The most important and most reasonable thing to do to protect not just yourself but other Internet users

REPORT THE AD AS FRAUDULENT on Olx

REPORT SCAM TO FACEBOOK BY CLICKING THE ABUSE/SPAM BUTTON

QUOTE THE ON NAIRALAND AND TYPE SCAMMER IN 28 [BOLD] FONTS THEN REPORT THE Poster to moderators

That's my personal favorite
[/size]
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by DaBullIT(m): 8:56am On Feb 10, 2015
Mishaelonye:

You are a co-ordinated fool. This thread does it in any way relate to the elections..people are coming here to see means to and end you are here dropping handout on how stupid you are..i am so pissed right now..the GEJ Is corrupt We know Buhari is a saint we know..Do they work @ OLX?..BEHAVE!

Wrong thread but that was too harsh don't you think
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by Bayodaish: 10:54am On Feb 10, 2015
The most annoying is the "Custom Peter" scam, The Nigerian Customs has Ranks! Dont be fooled People...
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by zainab007(f): 4:47pm On Feb 10, 2015
We trust Jumia!
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by tobolos(m): 5:00pm On Feb 10, 2015
There is this brainless guy(08176491651) who claim to work in obasanjo farm,Ota,Ogun state.He claims to deal in all form of animal service and sales.He will tell you to make payment of your order and come with the teller before inspection.I dropped at the farm some days back to make enquiries of such dealings and i was made to know that there are many scammers of such using the farm name to perpetrate nefarious activities.

A primary school boy wont even fall as MAGA for most of these brainless guy.
We shall continue to expose them.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by lomprico(m): 7:15pm On Feb 10, 2015
publicenemy:

how
I have purchased items from 5 different sellers I met here in nairaland, I never saw them face to face and still got my products after paying in full, b4 I got the products from lag to ph. Its because of this trust I fell for a scam in olx. But like some posters here have said those scamers has infiltrated NL so am gonna b careful now.
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by FarnTarhCoal(m): 1:54am On Feb 11, 2015
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by Olyb(m): 3:21am On Feb 13, 2015
I was recently duped by one John Owolabi Larry n the olx username (Mr John). a fraudster user of olx. His phone no is 09033342561. I planned on buying a tecno r7 phone from him bt later stopped picking my calls wen I sent him 5k to send d fone 2 me. U can check out d link here: http://html4.m./tecno-r7-smartphone-for-sale-iid-781704531
I went 2 make some findings abt his account and found out he's a fraudster who has been in d business of swindling people of their hard earned money,
My dear people, be careful and always get ur goods first before u pay a kobo.
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by frisby: 11:46am On Feb 13, 2015
Olyb:
I was recently duped by one John Owolabi Larry n the olx username (Mr John). a fraudster user of olx. His phone no is 09033342561. I planned on buying a tecno r7 phone from him bt later stopped picking my calls wen I sent him 5k to send d fone 2 me. U can check out d link here: http://html4.m./tecno-r7-smartphone-for-sale-iid-781704531
I went 2 make some findings abt his account and found out he's a fraudster who has been in d business of swindling people of their hard earned money,
My dear people, be careful and always get ur goods first before u pay a kobo.

How did you send him the 5k? Through a bank account?
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by Olyb(m): 2:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
Olx is a very good platform to buy and sell stuffs at a very cheaper price but we nigerians thruogh our greed and dishonesty have turned it into some thing else. A very good example is John Owolabo Larry phone no:09033342561 olx user name (Mr john), Watch out for him, even his bank details have been proven fraudulent. Dont lose your hard earned money to lazy, stupid and greedy people like john owolabi larry.
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by tonytony208(m): 5:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
sigidporte:
To avoid being scammed, avoid buying stuffs online.

or pay on delivery
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by texybaby(f): 7:56am On Feb 15, 2015
Am abt to buy a bb on olx since my other bb misbehaved..but I leave in kaduna n ds guys stay in kano but keep advertising in other location...like d advert is in kaduna state section...he said they will send d goods tru a courier service then when d courier company alerts me I wil go make d payment...then he will notify them to come deliver d goods to my door step after I must have answered d security y question...i told him I need to inspect d goods he said it has 6months warranty...heres my game plan I will wait for the deliivery to kaduna...locate d so called courier office myself inspect d goods before making payment....cs truly their prices r crazy...unimaginable... God help us
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by lovemko(m): 10:36am On Feb 15, 2015
texybaby:
Am abt to buy a bb on olx since my other bb misbehaved..but I leave in kaduna n ds guys stay in kano but keep advertising in other location...like d advert is in kaduna state section...he said they will send d goods tru a courier service then when d courier company alerts me I wil go make d payment...then he will notify them to come deliver d goods to my door step after I must have answered d security y question...i told him I need to inspect d goods he said it has 6months warranty...heres my game plan I will wait for the deliivery to kaduna...locate d so called courier office myself inspect d goods before making payment....cs truly their prices r crazy...unimaginable... God help us

better save your energy and use it for better things... this gist is pure scam!! you need to read all comment previously posted... courier koh... dhl ni

well u can update us on proceedings, hope to be proved wrong
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by frisky2good(m): 10:56am On Feb 15, 2015
You will eventually get scammed if you keep discussing with the seller. Forget the whole story and look for your item in a location close to you.

texybaby:
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by texybaby(f): 4:41pm On Feb 15, 2015
frisky2good:
You will eventually get scammed if you keep discussing with the seller. Forget the whole story and look for your item in a location close to you.

Kk tnx....
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by texybaby(f): 4:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
lovemko:

better save your energy and use it for better things... this gist is pure scam!! you need to read all comment previously posted... courier koh... dhl ni

well u can update us on proceedings, hope to be proved wrong

Kk tnxxxx
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by texybaby(f): 10:14pm On Feb 16, 2015
Wowww an update on d olx guys....I sent them my work address n they said they will package d goods n send....kano to kaduna is approximately 3hours...and exactly 3hours from d tym I got a text from red star courier service then I called d courier n they were demanding a security question but to get d ans I must hv paid d amt to their bank account..but I told them I want their office address cs I must inspect d goods before making payment d guy quickly ended d call..then later gv me an address very far from me n I must get their before 4pm cs they will close...then I said I called u 15mins after 4pm u supposed to hv closed n he angrily ended d call....n I immediately called d kano man n it was that so called red star courier man voice I heard n he quickly said I ddnt know its past 4pm...sorry u can come tomorrow....that means hes using one phone for d two sim abiii...then I called him to say hw cum its d same person picking ur calls..he denied n said its network jam...n later said"my daughter u dont need to go n inspect my name is shadrach am a Christian I can't cheat u I have sent ur goods n once u pay they will bring it to ur doorstep" I have been laughing oooo.....n its not shadrach he used on olx...these guys r wicked oooo
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by lovemko(m): 10:45pm On Feb 16, 2015
texybaby:
Wowww an update on d olx guys....I sent them my work address n they said they will package d goods n send....kano to kaduna is approximately 3hours...and exactly 3hours from d tym I got a text from red star courier service then I called d courier n they were demanding a security question but to get d ans I must hv paid d amt to their bank account..but I told them I want their office address cs I must inspect d goods before making payment d guy quickly ended d call..then later gv me an address very far from me n I must get their before 4pm cs they will close...then I said I called u 15mins after 4pm u supposed to hv closed n he angrily ended d call....n I immediately called d kano man n it was that so called red star courier man voice I heard n he quickly said I ddnt know its past 4pm...sorry u can come tomorrow....that means hes using one phone for d two sim abiii...then I called him to say hw cum its d same person picking ur calls..he denied n said its network jam...n later said"my daughter u dont need to go n inspect my name is shadrach am a Christian I can't cheat u I have sent ur goods n once u pay they will bring it to ur doorstep" I have been laughing oooo.....n its not shadrach he used on olx...these guys r wicked oooo

i love d way u are playing along... jst brilliant, they think anyone can be banbuzlled by d pranks of secrete question nd ansa... pls help dem waste thier credit let dem keep callin u... dey wont get a life, ripping were dey didnt sow!
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by texybaby(f): 11:26pm On Feb 16, 2015
lovemko:

i love d way u are playing along... jst brilliant, they think anyone can be banbuzlled by d pranks of secrete question nd ansa... pls help dem waste thier credit let dem keep callin u... dey wont get a life, ripping were dey didnt sow!

Thats wat am helping them do...very wicked people...someone will work for money n they will want to rip it off just like that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don't Get Scammed: Red Mercury Does Not Exist! / Dangote Wants Navy’s Protection For New Refinery, Pipelines In Lagos / Importing European Wine Into Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.