Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,028 members, 7,928,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 08:39 AM

Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins (14706 Views)

Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products / Port Harcourt Mono Rail Test Run / Okonjo-iweala With Nigerian Delegates At Addis Ababa (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by Horus(m): 9:08pm On Feb 06, 2015
bokohalal:
Lot 1B of the Abuja Light Rail covering a distance of 31kms to cost about 750 million dollars.
70kms of Addis Ababa Light rail to cost about 500 million dollars.

Double the distance for less money shocked. This raises more questions about how the funds are managed in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by notobs: 9:08pm On Feb 06, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^But na dem get mouth pass! lipsrsealed
word!

2 Likes

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 06, 2015
Congrats Ethiopia!

The so-called Richest Economy in Africa doff its hat and bow in shame before you. grin

now, where are those SaTanists celebrating Jona's museum pieces (despite our oyel money), as the reason he should be voted again. More reason to vote out this clueless govt.

3 Likes

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by crownprince102: 9:11pm On Feb 06, 2015
Chai.... Somebody they dupe us here with 19th century train and 18th century locomotives. Nigerian hyping things since 1914. No be our fault sha, na poverty do us like that.

1 Like

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by notobs: 9:13pm On Feb 06, 2015
Maple:
Congrats Ethiopia!

The so-called Richest Economy in Africa doff its hat and bow in shame before you. grin

now, where are those SaTanists celebrating Jona's museum pieces despite our oyel money, as the reason he should again be voted again. More reason to vote out this clueless govt.

The picture of the luddite that stopped the construction of the lagos light rail in the 1980's. But for buhari lagos light rail would have been completed by now. He is the sole reason lagos is without a light rail.

I am going to keep everyone honest on this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by IGBOSON1: 9:13pm On Feb 06, 2015
And to think construction started barely three years ago!

3 Likes

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by notobs: 9:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
Maple:
Congrats Ethiopia!

now, where are those SaTanists celebrating Jona's museum pieces (despite our oyel money), as the reason he should be voted again. More reason to vote out this clueless govt.

The picture of the luddite that stopped the construction of the lagos light rail in the 1980's. But for buhari, lagos light rail would have been completed years ago. He is the sole reason lagos is without a light rail today.

2 Likes

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by IGBOSON1: 9:15pm On Feb 06, 2015
Horus:

Double the distance for less money shocked. This raises more questions about how the funds are managed in Nigeria

^^^Questions keh!.....Like you don't already know how funds are mismanaged in Nigeria! wink
Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 06, 2015
notobs:

The picture of the luddite that stopped the construction of the lagos light rail in the 1980's. But for buhari lagos light rail would have been completed by now. He is the sole reason lagos is without a light rail.

I see our Mr "blame blame everyone except myself " president has infected you with his disease. He is finished!
Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by notobs: 9:20pm On Feb 06, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Questions keh!.....Like you don't already know how funds are mismanaged in Nigeria! wink

Manage or mismanage the funds me i want the projects to be delivered first, then we can talk of how much was stolen. The problem with Naija is that the leaders will thieve the money and the project will never be delivered.

Oyibo people the get their cut for projects but them go still deliver the project, Our own leaders will take their cut and embezzle the main project fund too.

1 Like

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by notobs: 9:23pm On Feb 06, 2015
Maple:

I see our Mr "blame blame everyone except myself " president has infected you with his disease. He is finished!
Nonsense Did buhari scrap the lagos light rail project that jakande started yes or No? I know truth hurts sycophants and you have taken an oath to stay away from the truth, but on this thread i will endeavour to keep you honest.
There are several threads for your mindless sai buhari and sai jonathan rants.

1 Like

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 06, 2015
^^ and Buhari is still the president abi? In case you are sober now, it took Ethiopia only 3 yrs to complete this project. From your profile its obvious you are one of those SaTanist with multiple NL accounts doing the job you are paid to do. Nonsense!
Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by Horus(m): 9:27pm On Feb 06, 2015

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 06, 2015
Congrats Ethiopia!! grin cheesy I'm so proud of you guyz. I'm sure Buhari will usher in a great time for us come feBuhari 14th. grin grin

sai Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by notobs: 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
Maple:
^^ and Buhari is still the president abi? In case you are sober now, it took Ethiopia only 3 yrs to complete this project. From your profile its obvious you are one of those SaTanist with multiple NL accounts doing the job you are paid to do. Nonsense!

excuses, How long did it take fashola and Amaechi to not complete their rail projects? havent they been working on that for almost 8yrs now?

2 Likes

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by notobs: 9:38pm On Feb 06, 2015
Johnpaul88:
Congrats Ethiopia!! grin cheesy I'm so proud of you guyz. I'm sure Buhari will usher in a great time for us come feBuhari 14th. grin grin

sai Buhari
Like he did usher in the scraping of jakandes pilot plan to build the lagos light rail. Buhari is nothing but a luddite and acetic that does not know the use of technology in the modern world.

1 Like

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by rozayx5(m): 9:41pm On Feb 06, 2015
FastShipping:
Meanwhile, somewhere in Nigeria some people are celebrating some locomotive trains that are being moved from one city to another in the name of "commissioning". The so called trains are almost not in existence.

hypocrites like you still have the mouth to talk, where is fashola mono rail, that has been under construction for 9 years?

is it tower of babel

2 Likes

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by notobs: 10:06pm On Feb 06, 2015
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by notobs: 10:09pm On Feb 06, 2015
cheesy smiley

1 Like

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by Horus(m): 10:10pm On Feb 06, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvuGX71Kmqk

[size=15pt]3D Animation of Addis Ababa Light Train Project[/size]
Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by notobs: 10:15pm On Feb 06, 2015
cool

2 Likes

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by notobs: 10:49pm On Feb 06, 2015
grin angry

2 Likes

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by shadrama(m): 11:39pm On Feb 06, 2015
Shameful idiotic youths who thinks that this old blind selfish dogs will lead them to their destination should better think twice. The youths should better learn to speak for them selves and nt defending this foolish politicians who promised us the future. I wonder when the future will come.

Anyway, kudos to ethiopia. More gallons of G-oil to ur elbow.
Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by Horus(m): 9:44am On Feb 07, 2015
Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by Dejohnbull: 10:23am On Feb 07, 2015
Wonders from landlocked country, i laugh wen some wiper faces ppl will say southeast is landlocked
Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by Horus(m): 1:33pm On Feb 07, 2015
Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by cjrane: 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2015
[size=15pt]Awesome!!! Congratulations to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia!
It cost $475 Million and its 70 kilometers long and completed!

In Nigeria,
Port Harcourt rail cost $2 billion already and only 3 kilometers long and uncompleted!

Lagos rail already cost $2.5 billion and about 10 kilometers long and uncompleted!

See for yourself the thieves we have in APC telling us "changi" !!!
[/size]

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by Duru1(m): 1:57pm On Feb 07, 2015
Aigbofa:

All without a single drop of oil. we are supposed to have the largest economy in Africa but what do we have to show for it? Ancient locomotives that should be seen only in the museum.

Please blame Nigerian woes on the jackasses who instigated a war of attrition on Biafra because of crude oil. Nigeria is doomed forever.
Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by BlackPikiN(m): 10:48pm On Feb 07, 2015
Nigerian politicians are thieves especially the opposition state.

Compare the amount Lagos and Rivers spent to build an incompleted project.

1 Like

Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by Adegbodolu1: 10:54pm On Feb 07, 2015
[size=18pt]Do they have OYEL!!! ?[/size]
Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by Horus(m): 7:23pm On Feb 10, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JptodRECPBc

[size=15pt]Ethiopia testing light rail system[/size]

Ethiopian officials are now testing Sub Saharan Africa’s first inter-city light rail system. It’s a $475 million project that the government hopes will ease traffic congestion in its sprawling capital of Addis Ababa.
Re: Addis Ababa Light Rail Test Running Begins by adconline(m): 11:03pm On Feb 10, 2015
Addis Ababa -75km -- completed and running =$475m
Lagos Rail- 35km-- Abandoned-- =$1bn
PHC-Monorail- 4Km- Abandoned -- $1bn
Naija is really endowed with thieving politrickians!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial / Is Governor Umahi The Best Performing In Terms Of Salary Payment? / No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.