Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,339 members, 7,947,536 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 10:37 PM

What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? (6647 Views)

20 Hilarious Grammars Of Patrick Obahiagbon And Their Meaning / The Meaning Of Recently Found Word "Demonym" / What Is The Meaning Of Year-To-Date (YTD) On Payslips? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by Nella(f): 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2006
Man! tis just sum Wikipedia defination, tat's bringing sum stupid, arguement!!!
4 get it guys, get on wid urselfs! any one can visit wikepedia!
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by hotangel2(f): 8:59pm On Aug 31, 2006
Nella:

Man! tis just sum Wikipedia defination, tat's bringing sum stupid, arguement!!!
4 get it guys, get on wid urselfs! any one can visit wikepedia!

Exactly my dear. I mean Thats not even HER deffinition. It's WIKIPEDIA's Deffinition, and she making it seem like she got all that from her head. As if she's Ohhh, all that and then some.

If the owner of this thread wanted the etymology of 'deja vu" im sure, s/he wouldn't start this thread, but would rather go on wiki.

An ordinary Wikipediea deffinition doesn't warrant insults and doesn't make you automatically smart.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by Eastcoast(f): 10:39pm On Aug 31, 2006
you guys really need to take it easy. Letz not ignite the argument any more. cheesy cheesy. Maybe seun should just lock the thread
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by hotangel2(f): 1:46am On Sep 01, 2006
Eastcoast:

you guys really need to take it easy. Letz not ignite the argument any more. cheesy cheesy. Maybe seun should just lock the thread
Eastcoast, this isn't 'igniting the argument'.

Mrs/miss I know it all, is claiming that her definition is what the owner of the thread NEEDS. Saying Her definition is the smartest, when the definition aint even hers.

Now eastcoast, I know you'll agree with me that She didn't need to paste (pay close attention to the word "PASTE"wink the whole of wikipedia on here to get "girly" (the thread starter) to understand what "deja vu" means.

I Didn't even say "her" Definition ohh pardon me. . . "wikipedia's" Definition was WRONG. I never said it was WRONG, all i said was that it was long story, and i didn't even say that to annoy her, Cos u could clearly see that there was an "lol" After i said that it was 'long story'.

When She was here calling me a goldfish, no one said the thread should be locked oo. Now she's getting what she really deserved at first, and you are saying This is 'igniting the argument' and also demanding a thread lock.

SHe said i was "trying to appear smart", when she's the one who pasted someone else's definition without citing. Now tell me, Who was trying to appear smart? Like i said before, real smart people don't blow their trumpet.

I even went as far as apologising to her, And she goes "Don't wash me with love". Talk about an arrogant whatchamacallit.

Nope, i aint 'igniting' The argument. Just trying to clear things out. I just got time to do that now, when she was doing her "I Know too much to Make the world explode BS (and i don't mean beautiful shit)", I didn't have time for her.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by Eastcoast(f): 4:51pm On Sep 01, 2006
gotcha wink
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by Eurphoria(f): 8:59pm On Sep 01, 2006
@loud mouth

Listen like i said before, your attention span is really that of a goldfish, if you take time to read instead of jumping like an idiot you will see that i never made claims to be the brain behind that definition, of course anyone can look it up, your problem was someone else got here b4 you to respond , like the jack of all trade and master of non that you are , you got mad.

Again , it was never a claim i made that it was my thought or definition and you only trying to make this allegation to divert attention from the fact that you were called a goldfish and attention crazed little so and so. Like i said you really do make me laugh when you try to tell grown a$$ men and women here what life is about, fuksake you haven't even lived yet and you band yourself about NL like you have seen it all and done it all. It's truly funny because you don't seem to realize how stupid you sound half the time, i really do blame this, well some of it on the bad education you getting in America, you even try to talk like you lived there all your life , you little mind village clown.Listen stick to speaking Yoruba or whatever language from now on.

Next time you address me try to sound educated, smart and get your head out of your backside , then i might just listen to you. You say you apologized to me? well i told you already what i thought of that half a$$ed apology, and your little girl psychology game. Hence the reason i said you will never and can never be as smart as me, even on my worst day. Yes i said it again, go do a dance .

Honestly why do Nigerian parents insist on sending their children to America, they come out speaking like retards with under developed world views. (sorry to the few clued up ones here,you're the exception)

P.s
Replying to me will be like pissing in the wind luvies.I am done with your retarded self. Go read a book or something and don't forget the American slangs and lingo? leave that to those who were born and bred , it does not suit you at all.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by hotangel2(f): 1:55am On Sep 02, 2006
YOu are smarter than me, Yet i gave a definition of "deja vu" from my head in simple english, but you had to go on wikipedia and paste an epistle here. Wow! Never knew plagiarism is the new way of proving that one is "SMART".

Daing, i actually thought u were a little sensible. I never knew u were a blind idiot too. Who's Telling people about life here? All im telling your stupid ass is that If you were ohhh, soooo smart, You wouldn't paste a fuxxcking wikipedia's definition here and make NOISE about how smart you are. Then again, As the saying goes: "it's good to speak positively towards yourself", maybe you just wish you were smart, and you are speaking positively towards yourself.

Look here missy, this aint got nothing to do with being in America or being in Nigeria, IF you are smart, Smart follows you everywhere. Wanna talk about education in America? START ANOTHER THREAD!

I actually wonder what degree you have that's giving you big wings. Calling me names won't make you smarter or justify the fact that you are here claiming to be smart, but still end up sounding like a fucking loser and a big retarded mothertrucker.

P.S: I wonder why you are replying me, if as u say, i don't sound "educated" and "smart". Apparently, U understand my english, and in my dictionary, I AM COMMUNICATING! You are listening to me, replying me, and Obviously, im getting under your skin with my comments.  Again i'll say this to you "real smart people don't blow their trumpet". Now go sit somewhere and learn how to humble yourself. wink
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by ZuluNation(m): 2:11am On Sep 02, 2006
* I have my sexy brown shocked shocked shocked on this thread*
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by Teezy(f): 6:25am On Sep 02, 2006
*subcribing to thread*
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by neelsel(f): 6:26pm On Sep 02, 2006
Ok people so Euphoria got her definition from another source, so what? wasn't that the reason why dictionaries etc were invented?
Hot-Angel you were able to paraphrase( and did a great job) the definition and give your concept in the best way you can. Both of you served the purpose.
Now to blatantly criticise Euphoria for her level of academic intelligence is indeed a travestry of justice. I do not in any way see the reason for all this bickering. Come on, we have more important issues at hand.
Freedom of speech is a scarce commodity but I do believe that people should be allowed to exercise that right.
I am very elated when I meet intelligent people of colour, after all for decades we have been labelled "Non-skulls, unintelligent, gorillas et al". so instead of bashing her, why not embrace her as a sister.
Hot-angle you yourself are very talented. I have read a  number of your posts here on Nairaland, and fancy your style of writing, however, you must be mindful of your strategy. My mom would always correct us as children when one of us would speak out of terms, by telling us "it's not what we said, but rather how we said it" In a nutshell, I admonish you to watch your tone when responding to someone's statements.
Last but not least, criticism Is healthy, as long as it is administered in a way that would benefit the person or persons being criticised.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by Eurphoria(f): 7:04pm On Sep 02, 2006
Precisely my point so what? about the definition or source? Thanks Neelsel for your objective view. To me my first response was never about whose defifniton was wrong or right , or from where, who gives a rats behind about that.

You hit the nail on the head when you saw that it was actually her approach to my response which was made to the poster and not Hotangel that got me actually addressing her directly and i make no apologies, i meant every word.

Thanks again for your view and i see what you are doing and appreciate, and leave this thread , i had until i saw your reply Neesel smiley , dinner calls

cheers wink
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by neelsel(f): 12:04am On Sep 03, 2006
Eurphoria:

Precisely my point so what? about the definition or source? Thanks Neelsel for your objective view. To me my first response was never about whose defifniton was wrong or right , or from where, who gives a rats behind about that.

You hit the nail on the head when you saw that it was actually her approach to my response which was made to the poster and not Hotangel that got me actually addressing her directly and i make no apologies, i meant every word.

Thanks again for your view and i see what you are doing and appreciate, and leave this thread , i had until i saw your reply Neesel smiley , dinner calls
You are more than welcome Euphoria.
If you don't mind me asking, where are you from?
cheers wink

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by WesleyanA(f): 6:53am On Sep 17, 2006
anyways I guess we all now know the definition for deja vu.
for example, I would be experiencing deja vu if this argument replayed itself in my math class, and i might say i "deep learned." 'cause surface learning is for goldfishes.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by Brownsuga(f): 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2006
why is i that when a question is asked, two pple decide to fight , ??/ shocked
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by hotangel2(f): 3:49am On Sep 18, 2006
Neelsel, Thanks for that, and also thanks for the compliment and the advice. I appreciate it.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by sbucareer(f): 3:55am On Sep 18, 2006

Ok let me put it this way. You have a girlfriend/boyfriend and they cheated on you and you find out and end the relationship.

After a while you find yourself a new girlfriend/boyfriend the same thing happened again, they cheat on you again, what a Deja Vu

Got it  cool cool cool
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by WesleyanA(f): 1:13am On Sep 22, 2006
sbucareer:

Ok let me put it this way. You have a girlfriend/boyfriend and they cheated on you and you find out and end the relationship.

After a while you find yourself a new girlfriend/boyfriend the same thing happened again, they cheat on you again, what a Deja Vu

Got it cool cool cool

craziest example ever. got it! cool
nice font too.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by shorell: 11:02pm On Sep 29, 2006
that song mean that i did it again like if u did something first and u did it again and u remind your self that u did it aagin thats the mainning of deja ve
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by iice(f): 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2006
Had to read that twice for it to make sense hmmmm
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by izoneb(f): 1:33am On Oct 04, 2006
Next time Girly please just go the dictionary.If you don't have,buy one or use the net.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by neelsel(f): 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2006
izoneb:

Next time Girly please just go the dictionary.If you don't have,buy one or use the net.
LOL ;LOL ;LOL grin
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by trendy(f): 2:02pm On Mar 05, 2007
hte word Deja Vu was used in Matirx
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by bigbumper(f): 12:55pm On Mar 08, 2007
sbucareer:

Got it  cool cool cool

Hmmn, no don't get it   undecided .

Is is the act of getting a boyfriend/girlfriend again OR being cheated on again OR finding out you are being cheated on again OR  undecided
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by sbucareer(f): 10:06am On Mar 10, 2007

It is called repetition of events. When something happen twice to you particularly when you cannot explain it. I cannot understand why someone would choose to cheat on their boy/girlfriend. If you are done in a relation, just end it and move on. They could be a chance of reconciliation later on in life. But cheating is evil and in my good book of life no f*#^k&% reconciliation, that is pure evil.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by chiogo(f): 7:46pm On Mar 10, 2007
@sbucareer

Nah,man.it's not a repitition of events.It is like something that is happening to u that u feel has happened to u before but u're not sure.
So, in beyonce's deja vu, she was telling jay z that the way she's attracted to him, she feels she has been attracted to someone like that.

lol.just explaining so u don't get it twisted.got it?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by sofine5(f): 3:55am On Mar 11, 2007
Deja Vu means U have a feeling you've been here when you haven't
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by WesleyanA(f): 6:04am On Mar 11, 2007
see Groundhog day (the movie). you'll get the meaning.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by sbucareer(f): 2:52am On Mar 13, 2007

Have anyone seen the Matrix movie, staring Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne and Carrie-Anne Moss directed by Andy Wachowski and Larry Wachowski.  The part one that was released in 1999.

Remember when the Agent (Hugo Weaving) trapped Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss and others in Matrix, when their exit were blocked by another program. Carrie-Anne Moss (Trinity) saw a black cat passed her, then again after like 5 seconds she saw exactly the same cat passed again and she altered the word DEJA VU, Laurence Fishburne (Morpheus) asked her what she saw and she said, "I just saw the same cat passed me twice" and immediately Morpheus said DEJA VU is a glitch added in the program when someone changed something and immediaely they knew that they were in danger.

The point, she saw the same thing twice more importantly, the occurance were identical.

If you understand English language more than the Hollywood, na you sabi
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by bigbumper(f): 2:57am On Mar 19, 2007
chiogo:

@sbucareer

Nah,man.it's not a repitition of events.It is like something that is happening to u that u feel has happened to u before but u're not sure.
So, in beyonce's deja vu, she was telling jay z that the way she's attracted to him, she feels she has been attracted to someone like that.

lol.just explaining so u don't get it twisted.got it?

Wow Thanks , I don't fancy "who will bell the cat" situations wink
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by Nella(f): 7:51pm On Mar 22, 2007
wao long tym i ve been here!!
is dis thread still on?? or do we all know wwat deja vu means now??
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by sofine5(f): 1:06am On Apr 05, 2007
Nella:

wao long time i ve been here!!
is this thread still on?? or do we all know wwat deja vu means now??

Nah, apperintley not grin
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by romeo(m): 1:05pm On Apr 05, 2007
no we don't know the meaning of dejavu after almost a year here and i don't blame the poster because many more people are going to know the meaning too from here grin grin grin grin grin

i think hot-angel was right

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2011 World University Ranking | Top 100 Universities In Africa / 2,000 Unemployed Youths Sit For Agric-yes Exam In Agege, Lagos / Nigerian Army College Of Nursing Past Questions And Answers | Download Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.