Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:37 AM

Meet The World's Poorest President And Why He's Called So!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The World's Poorest President And Why He's Called So!! (514 Views)

Pic Of The World Poorest President / 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani / Meet The World Poorest President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet The World's Poorest President And Why He's Called So!! by vanen2: 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2015
José Alberto Mujica Cordano (79) is a Uruguayan politician who has been President of Uruguay since 2010. He has been described as "the world's 'POOREST' president", due to his austere lifestyle and his donation of around 90 percent of his $12,000 (£7,500) monthly salary to charities that benefit poor people and small entrepreneurs. If we need more of anything in this world, it would be more people like this! This man doesn’t put value on his appearance or clothes. He is criticized for his posture and clothes, but Jose puts more value on other things in life instead. There’s no reason for money, fame, and a nice place to sleep when you can be humble and live on a farm. This president lives the life! His part time farming job, keeps him aware of the struggles and life that most other people of his country go though. He also grows and then sells flowers from his farm. You can see him frequently driving his old 1987 Volkswagen Beetle. He doesn’t need a fancy Bentley, because he doesn’t care about having a extravagant appearance. His people are what matters and what matters are his people. Even though he is known as the poorest president, he strongly disagrees. He says, “I’m not the poorest president. The poorest is the one who needs a lot to live… My lifestyle is a consequence of my wounds. I’m the son of my history. There have been years when I would have been happy just to have a mattress.” This president’s example is a testament to how we should live our lives. We don’t need more things to be happy. In fact, some of the most wealthy people in the world, have their wealth stored in the currency of unselfishness, kindness, and true love. The world needs more people like this. Don’t you agree?
astoundable.com/worlds-poorest-president/
m.bbc.com/news/magazine-20243493
Re: Meet The World's Poorest President And Why He's Called So!! by Wuuworld(m): 10:06pm On Feb 06, 2015
Where are the Nigeria's grandfathers politicians?...Goodluck Jonathan at ur age,how many situations have u change for good?...How much is ur salary,where and what do u spend it on.......Buhari at ur official age of 72 years,how many people have u ever put a smile on their faces,u guys wanna contest to continue milking us,while ur mates are out there changing lives and giving hope to the hopeless.. At 79years,he is a philanthropist,he might be the poorest president the world might ever think of,but his legacy will surely live forever.....there in Heaven,he is the Boss of the world presido's...Heaven is the terminus....I Long to see our leaders like this one day before the rapture....#though itz a future impossible tense.

(1) (Reply)

Warning: Truths You Should Know As A Nigerian Before Voting Buhari As President / Photos: GEJ, Mama Peace, Others Boogie To Duncan Mighty Songs / Buhari Believes He Will Defeat President Jonathan With A ‘landslide Victory’ In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.