Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:07 AM

Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) (29501 Views)

Otodo Gbame Residents Protest At Governor Ambode's Office In Alausa (pics / what this govt said about foreign medical trips before elections(pic) / Sapele Residents Protest With Generators On Their Heads Against Power OutagePICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by parkhurst: 8:03pm On Feb 07, 2015
Really??, what else do you expect? NL.. is blocking so much info these days from people! Check my signature for the truth, take action!
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by orli: 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2015
Chai, so these people finally achieve their aim of disgrassing me in front of chioma on election day. I've already used d election day as an excuss. Hei, onya m ama nkakwu ooo. No execuss again.
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by MissGogwim1: 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2015
hahahaha. guys check this out : http://youthincome.com/?user=4475
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by Tdro(m): 8:12pm On Feb 07, 2015
There is need for the postponement of the election.

POWER past POWER!
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by IbnuUche(m): 8:20pm On Feb 07, 2015
elohorayodele:
If 35% of the electorate never collect PVC which kind election INEC wan come do.
just answer me now! don't need any excuse.
what were the silly inec been doing for the whole last year by not distributing the PVC at right time
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by Mannylex(m): 8:21pm On Feb 07, 2015
the Imminent postponement of this elections, I just got
another reason why I should not vote Jonathan. A president
who makes Nigeria look silly, unorganised and confused in
the eye of the world. Now he has coerced the security agents
to say they can't take part in discharging their activities,
because they want to use 6weeks to fight bokoharam. What
they couldn't do in 6 years. Indeed Nigeria has become a
banana republic, and the government make the citizens look
like fools! Where has it been heard that a serious minded
country postponed its election. Indeed, there was a country

Have no fear; Mannylex is here
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by IbnuUche(m): 8:23pm On Feb 07, 2015
ogene007:

Stop shedding crocodile tears. GEJ till 2019.
probably in OTUOKE cool
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by bayulll01(m): 8:39pm On Feb 07, 2015
Even if they denied us FEBUHARI,we will MARCH4BUHARI
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by Ahmedie25(m): 8:58pm On Feb 07, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
My humble president,even if the election holds tonight,u'll sure still have millions of votes thumbed for the trio coloured umbrella. please I ask that u give them what they what n let the election hold as scheduled. Leave Jega, dnt push for his resignation. Nigerians love you,believe me we do. If this election is shifted,twill trigger more suspense,hate and wagging tongues,especially if u return re-elected,which is the obvious possibility...I've always supported u,pls heed to my plea.
keeping dreaming, maybe u think Nigerians are fools, ur otuoke master is going ,
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by tkaymuo(m): 9:00pm On Feb 07, 2015
Fellow compatriots the time has come again to decide our future and the future of our generation even yet unborn.

Very soon from now, we will be taking a decision to determine how things will play out in our lives in the next four years and beyond.

Have you decided on who you want to trust in handling the Security, Economy, Youth Development, Healthcare, Education, and General improvement of the affairs of Nigeria and its citizens? If you haven’t now is the time to realize something.

1) We trusted the last 6years into the hands of a man who people felt his “luck” might bring Luck to the land because of the way he has always risen to power but unfortunately, one man’s favour from God isn’t enough to bring about solution to the land.

2) A man who travels abroad for the slightest flu while ignoring the healthcare system of the entire nation

3) A man whose 6years in power could boast of ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

4) A man whose campaign was based on personal attacks on his opponent about events that too place OVER 30YEARS AGAIN. Whereas can not boast of achieving anything in the last 6years.

5) A man who claims he doesn’t give a DAMN about not declaring his assets and also claims STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION

6) A man who gallivants with corrupt past and present individuals while ignoring honest and upright individuals in the land.

7) A man who can defend supposed militants in the October 1st Abuja bomb attack only to come several years later to LIE that the same militants he defended years back attempted to kill him just because the militants are not in support of his government.

8 ) A man whose wife controls almost all critical national issues. Fellow Nigerians ask yourself this question and be honest about it; “can Michael Obama debate of political, security, and governance issue in America? But yet we see nothing wrong in Patience Jonathan peddling into national issues.

9) A man whose ONLY achievement in 6years is boasting of some outdated railway construction that 98% of the Nigerian population do not make use of.

10) A man who under his watch Nigeria can’t boast of a National Carrier yet he has 5 presidential jet to his name and has helped all his associated acquire theirs.

11) A country that sells forms to unemployed Nigerians only to DUPE the same JOBLESS youths as neither the government or the agencies have any job for the youths.

12) A country whose Universities were close for over 6 months and polytechnics for over a year.

13) A country whose medical health workers go on strike all year round leading to millions of people’s sudden death.

14) A country whose citizens die in their thousands on a weekly basis without the president saying or doing absolutely nothing yet the same president sends messages to a country who lost JUST 5 citizens.

15) A president who has emptied the countries foreign reserve and yet cooks up report to hide his elicit acts

The list is endless my fellow Nigerians. This is the time to end all religious and ethnic sentiments and vote in an upright man.
A man who has NO TRACE of any corruption activities and whose associates have all performed averagely well as governors in their various states.

LETS BE WISE. OUR FUTURE IS AT STAKE. WE CAN’T AFFORD TO WASTE THE NEXT FOUR YEARS AGAIN.

VOTE OUT JONATHAN EBELE AZIKIWE BECAUSE WE HAVE TESTED HIM AND HE PROVED HE ISN’T A MAN TO GIVE A SECOND CHANCE TO
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by Forwetinnah: 9:14pm On Feb 07, 2015
bayulll01:
Even if they denied us FEBUHARI,we will MARCH4BUHARI

Mortuary??
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by bayulll01(m): 9:16pm On Feb 07, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Mortuary??
for u and ur next generation
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by Faraidi(m): 9:22pm On Feb 07, 2015
lalasticlala:
Some residents of Abuja on Saturday again protested the possibility of postponing the already scheduled general elections.
At the Unity Fountain, near the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, where protesters gathered, an armoured police vehicle and other utility vehicles were seen parked with police officers scattered around the area.
The protesters were however blocked by police officers as they marched towards the headquarters of the Independent National Electoral Commission.
A lady who simply identified herself as Sadatu said it was very wrong and unfair for anyone to consider postponing the elections.
“How can anybody think of this? That’s not fair, INEC had four whole years to prepare for this election. If we could have an election in 2011 when much was not in place, why not now?” she asked.

Another protester said the credibility of INEC was at stake with the rumoured postponement. He added that Nigeria’s democracy was threatened with by the call for election postponement at this time.

The protesters, with the intention of marching on the presidential villa, had gathered at the same venue on Friday marching towards the Eagle Square where they were blocked by security operatives.

The protest was organised by the civic group, National Consensus Movement.

The National Council of State had met on Friday and agreed that the elections should go on as planned.
Attahiru Jega, Chairman, INEC, has said the commission is prepared for the elections and has no plans for a postponement.

However, the commission has been holding consultative meetings all day to possibly review the scheduled dates for election.

Before Friday’s anti-postponement protest, some allegedly hired youths numbering about 100, had on Monday marched on INEC headquarters demanding the postponement of the elections.

The youth had gathered in front of the electoral body’s headquarters, asking the commission to delay the polls because of the difficulty in the distribution of the Permanent Voters Card, PVCs.

The youth carried banners and placards with the inscriptions such as “Election is for general participation, not for selective few”, “INEC, do the right thing”, “Don’t disenfranchise Nigerians”, and “We demand for the extension of election to allow Nigerian exercise their franchise.”

After the protest, the youth returned to the Unity Fountain where they were sighted sharing money.

It was not clear if they were sponsored by the Presidency or the PDP, but sources indicated that they were hired by some unnamed individuals who promised them money.

The protest confirmed PREMIUM TIMES exclusive story of last Thursday revealing the plot by the Presidency and the ruling Peoples Democratic Party to organize a nationwide protest against the electoral body to force it to shift the polls.
The National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, a retired colonel, recently at an event in London, made a case for a shift of the elections to give INEC more time to distribute all the PVCs.

However, criticisms trailed the call with Nigeria’s leading opposition party, the All Progressives Congress alleging that Mr. Dasuki was only making the call to buy time for President Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign to gather steam.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/176429-abuja-residents-protest-postponement-elections.html
hungry paid APC arrengee protesters
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by elohorayodele: 9:22pm On Feb 07, 2015
bakila:

What is the percentage of vote casted at last election.

I think Google can help you with that answer
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by elohorayodele: 9:29pm On Feb 07, 2015
IbnuUche:
just answer me now! don't need any excuse.
what were the silly inec been doing for the whole last year by not distributing the PVC at right time

Jega is in a better place to answer you sir
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 07, 2015
these same faces again?! wow! they are good! APC also hired this same set of people to protest BringBackOurGirls grin
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by farem: 10:20pm On Feb 07, 2015
[url][/url][color=#006600][/color]
Tolexander:
even if it is a man protesting, a protest is a protest in a sane country
Remember this your statement can only be understood by a sane person.
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by Forwetinnah: 11:03pm On Feb 07, 2015
bayulll01:
for u and ur next generation

Taah! Hide your silly self there or feel free to join him
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by bakila: 11:17pm On Feb 07, 2015
elohorayodele:

I think Google can help you with that answer
You say since you spoke from a position of knowledge.
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by Livinusc(m): 12:12am On Feb 08, 2015
Ikengawo:
3 man protest.

APC go say

MASSIVE CROWD GATHERS TO PROTEST GEJ
gringringringrin
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by Livinusc(m): 12:14am On Feb 08, 2015
okosodo:
They should look for the nearest trsnsformer to hug
gringrin
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by simdam500(m): 12:15am On Feb 08, 2015
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by Tolexander: 4:41am On Feb 08, 2015
farem:
[url][/url][color=#006600][/color]
Remember this your statement can only be understood by a sane person.
I grab cheesy
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by EverestdeBliu(m): 7:13am On Feb 08, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
My humble president,even if the election holds tonight,u'll sure still have millions of votes thumbed for the trio coloured umbrella. please I ask that u give them what they want n let the election hold as scheduled. Leave Jega, dnt push for his resignation. Nigerians love you,believe me we do. If this election is shifted,twill trigger more suspense,hate and wagging tongues,especially if u return re-elected,which is the obvious possibility...I've always supported u,pls heed to my plea.
Too late,it has already been shifted
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by MurphyInc(m): 8:18am On Feb 08, 2015
okosodo:
They should look for the nearest trsnsformer to hug

They did hug Transformer but no light.say something else.

This nation is being run by the Devil.God is in control
Re: Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) by elohorayodele: 2:12pm On Feb 08, 2015
bakila:

You say since you spoke from a position of knowledge.

I read INEC's statement before commenting, am not Jega. Please go to INEC website or use google if you have questions sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ango Abdullahi: North May Keep Presidency For 100 Years / Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun Hosts Tunde Onakoya And His Parents (pictures) / Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.