Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,897 members, 7,915,619 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 07:59 AM

TWO LESSONS FROM ELECTION POSTPONEMENT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TWO LESSONS FROM ELECTION POSTPONEMENT (770 Views)

#RiversRerun: INEC Releases Latest Results From Election / Graphic Photos From Election Shooting In Nembe LGA, Bayelsa / Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TWO LESSONS FROM ELECTION POSTPONEMENT by dodoniyi: 6:19am On Feb 08, 2015
Now that Professor Attahiru Jega has said that the Presidential Election will be held on March 28 while the Governorship election will be held on April 11.

LESSON Number 1
None of the prophets' revelations or predictions posted on NAIRALAND shows that the election will be shifted or will not be held in February this year. This shows to me we should be careful and not to put our hope on some false prophecies or prophecies of doom on this nation. Let us believe on God alone. Do not get me wrong, not all the prophets are fake but many of them who are unknown to many are false.

THE REPROOF OF FALSE PROPHETS IN EZEKIEL 13:

Ezekiel 13 Amplified Bible (AMP)

1 And the word of the Lord came to me, saying,

2 Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who prophesy, and say to those who prophesy out of their own mind and heart, Hear the word of the Lord!

3 Thus says the Lord God: Woe to the foolish prophets who follow their own spirit [and things they have not seen] and have seen nothing!

4 O Israel, your prophets have been like foxes among ruins and in waste places.

5 You have not gone up into the gaps or breeches, nor built up the wall for the house of Israel that it might stand in the battle in the day of the Lord.

6 They have seen falsehood and lying divination, saying, The Lord says; but the Lord has not sent them. Yet they have hoped and made men to hope for the confirmation of their word.

7 Have you not seen a false vision and have you not spoken a lying divination when you say, The Lord says, although I have not spoken?

8 Therefore thus says the Lord God: Because you have spoken empty, false, and delusive words and have seen lies, therefore behold, I am against you, says the Lord God.

9 And My hand shall be against the prophets who see empty, false, and delusive visions and who give lying prophecies. They shall not be in the secret council of My people, nor shall they be recorded in the register of the house of Israel, nor shall they enter into the land of Israel; and you shall know (understand and realize) that I am the Lord God.

10 Because, even because they have seduced My people, saying, Peace, when there is no peace, and because when one builds a [flimsy] wall, behold, [these prophets] daub it over with whitewash,

LESSON Number 2

Now that INEC has capitulated or succumbed to the pressures from the presidency and the security forces; don't you think that the same INEC Chairman may bow to intense pressures if the presidential election results do not favour mr. president since most of the security forces have been compromised or debased; evidenced in the recent outbreak of audio recordings of how they rigged the Ekiti governorship election. Additionally, INEC also succumbed to recommendation of 6 weeks postponement. All coming from the presidency and the security force. Then where is the "independent" in INEC.

What other lessons do you have?

NOTE: God is still sovereign and still rules in the kingdom of men... Yeah! Giving it to whoever He wills.

1 Like

Re: TWO LESSONS FROM ELECTION POSTPONEMENT by saintneo(m): 7:41am On Feb 08, 2015
The first lesson is the ultimate.

2 Likes

Re: TWO LESSONS FROM ELECTION POSTPONEMENT by dubxy(m): 7:48am On Feb 08, 2015
100% true and correcrion , that's means Jonathan will will the election grin grin
Re: TWO LESSONS FROM ELECTION POSTPONEMENT by dubxy(m): 7:48am On Feb 08, 2015
100% true and correct
, that's means Jonathan will will the election grin grin

1 Like

Re: TWO LESSONS FROM ELECTION POSTPONEMENT by briefness: 7:51am On Feb 08, 2015
@OP
Your lessons are on point. The second point is very scary considering the issues surrounding June 12. We have seen very desperate moves by PDP and this could lead to rejection of the party at all levels. APC may not be the best option but PDP is giving electorates every reason to believe they are. Whatever frightens PDP is good for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: TWO LESSONS FROM ELECTION POSTPONEMENT by blackfase(m): 8:09am On Feb 08, 2015
What do you think?..if no other than CORRUPTION. They are all scared of going to jail!

briefness:
@OP
Whatever frightens PDP is good for Nigeria.
Re: TWO LESSONS FROM ELECTION POSTPONEMENT by dodoniyi: 8:10am On Feb 08, 2015
briefness:
@OP
Your lessons are on point. The second point is very scary considering the issues surrounding June 12. We have seen very desperate moves by PDP and this could lead to rejection of the party at all levels. APC may not be the best option but PDP is giving electorates every reason to believe they are. Whatever frightens PDP is good for Nigeria.
May God deliver us

(1) (Reply)

A Commander In Chief That Schedules Offensive Attack On Election Day? / B’haram In New Video Vows To Defeat Multi-national Force / Corruption: Facts Do Not Lie!!!!!! Jonathan's Government Versus Obj's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.