Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,150 members, 7,880,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:14 PM

What Are Your Views On The Election Postponement? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are Your Views On The Election Postponement? (575 Views)

Mimiko Working Towards Election Postponement – Akeredolu / Election Postponement And The Position Of The Law / Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Views On The Election Postponement? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
The announcement by INEC that the 2015 general elections has been postponed by over a month has met very serious and harsh criticisms from opposition parties and their supporters.

Let me say that I support the decision by the INEC to postpone for a few reasons

1. Too many voters are yet to collect their PVC’s. It is highly unfair that over 20 million people wouldn’t have been allowed to vote because they were unable to collect their PVCs.
2. Staffs meant to conduct the elections haven’t been trained by the INEC. The youth corpers INEC intend to use for conducting the elections just started their training today. They wouldn’t have been properly trained if INEC went ahead to conduct the elections on the 14th.
3. Our security personnel admitted that they aren’t ready to safeguard voters if the elections were conducted on the 14th.

These are very solid reasons and anybody who says otherwise isn’t true to himself. INEC failed to plan properly for the elections and this is the outcome.

The postponement has its advantages and disadvantages as well. The biggest beneficiary of the postponement is no one else than our humble president himself. The tides were against him by a number of reasons. Most important are

- Majority of the voters in the south where he’s banking on getting the most votes are yet to collect their pvc’s

- The APC were ahead of the game and were certain of causing a major disappointment towards his re-election bid.

The biggest loser is Buhari, who was slightly ahead of GEJ and was quite sure of being victorious on February 14. He now has to contend with a myriad of problems and setbacks, from the court cases to more PVC holders in the south east and south south.

Other losers are gubernatorial contestants. Theirs was postponed by over 6 weeks. They have spent so much on campaigning and they were hoping everything will end this February. They now have no other option but find more cash and refill their campaign accounts for the next 7 weeks. This will amount to billions of naira in some states and these guys should be broke by now.
Re: What Are Your Views On The Election Postponement? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
Any other thoughts on who are losers and winners because of the postponement?
Re: What Are Your Views On The Election Postponement? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 08, 2015
Just Incase.
Re: What Are Your Views On The Election Postponement? by KanwuliaJara: 9:20pm On Feb 08, 2015
WHAT HAS INEC BEEN DOING? undecided
Did JEGA not know all this?
If a big chunk of the Nigerian population has not collected their PVCs, there is nothing free and fair about the elections.
Should we blame GEJ for this?
No.

OBJ must reap what he has sown! kiss
GEJ till 2015!!!!! kiss
Re: What Are Your Views On The Election Postponement? by AmucheJane(f): 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2015
Is good they way it was shifted. Somepeople are yet to get their PVC and the tension of this election is much. As for me I somuch love it that way but atimes I wonder why APC members are somuch making noise about this issue. GEJ till 2019.
Re: What Are Your Views On The Election Postponement? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 08, 2015
AmucheJane:
Is good they way it was shifted. Somepeople are yet to get their PVC and the tension of this election is much. As for me I somuch love it that way but atimes I wonder why APC members are somuch making noise about this issue. GEJ till 2019.

APC members are angry because they're no longer in control. They now have to map out a new strategy

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Nigerian Army Captain Who Secretly Recorded Ekiti Rigging Plan Speaks Out / 3.3m Nigerians Now Displaced By Boko Haram - BBC / 2 Cars,trailer With Arms And Explosives Reportedly Intercepted In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.