Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,539 members, 7,908,459 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 06:52 AM

Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals (28525 Views)

Fayose Challenges Buhari To Try Yobe INEC REC Over Alleged N15m Bribe / Jonathan Urges Nigerians To Patiently Wait For INEC To Collate, Announce Result / Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by viczing(m): 8:17pm On Feb 09, 2015
shady26:
we understand that is the PDP script, discredit jega after frustrating him with late funding then sack him.we dare PDP to try it and See.......useless party

Mark today Jega won't be the one to announce election winner. I promise you that, we can make a bet
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Champele(m): 8:30pm On Feb 09, 2015
Im not surprise to any News i see this days,apc at work.desperate people.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by ellechrystal(f): 8:31pm On Feb 09, 2015
jdbrasco:
Guy ur brain is fully functional. U said my mind. God will bless u for standing for truth. Jst wen I was thinking dat a lot of ppl hv been brainwashed and here u come
Am a girl ooo. Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by ellechrystal(f): 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2015
agabaI23:
Bonsoir! How was work today?
You have been giving it to APC guys like em.. grin
Lool. Hectic my dear..M so tired
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Champele(m): 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2015
I know buhari will win this election only on nairaland.good for him.

1 Like

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by xklucvG: 8:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
Purity01:
U even try answer ur fellow change collector
I am neither for PDP nor APC and i do not condemn either of them i am a realist i may be in the position of leadership someday and i believe we all take corrections from the mistakes we make.

1 Like

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by CaptainAmerica1: 8:42pm On Feb 09, 2015
dadexcel:
. I thought you would have waited for INEC or jega to come forward and disprove these allegations instead of cancelling then outrightly. The last time I checked that's what we call intelligent arguement.
maestroferddi:
Are you thinking at all?

Do you have the insight to envisage the degree of constitutional crisis this election could have caused were it allowed to go on as initially planned?

Which legitimacy would the winner of the election have had when their emergence was going to be predicated on the disenfranchisement of over thirty percent of the electorates?

Some of you guys have just refused to put your brains to good use...

I was only quoting the reason Jega gave when it was announced.

No vex.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by agabaI23(m): 8:47pm On Feb 09, 2015
ellechrystal:

Lool. Hectic my dear..M so tired
E yaaa! pele! A warm soak will help. Water has a way of working magic on our bodies.
And with your back on your bed and nairaland in your hand, your strength will come back tongue
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by valuedammy(m): 9:07pm On Feb 09, 2015
ellechrystal:

Gbam. .exactly my thoughts. Some ppl don't read, they don't research, they don't even comprehend wats going on. Too bad.
These days ppl insult d govt anyhow, an old man once told me that the problem we ve in Nigeria is Obasanjo n freedom of speech, n I agree with him.
Most of us just talk n type anyhow. D devil has succeeded in making more than 70 percent of the world today go into the sin of rebelion and disobedience all sheeped up in a package called freedom of speech. We rebel n insult d govt we don't respect authorities anymore, wen d bible clearly stated that we should obey authorities.
The opposition that is encouraging rebellion n insult, I hope if they happen to rule, they will take it just like the present govt has swallowed enough, cos they don't look like they would.
Back to d postponement ish...
too many ppl in d south havnt gotten their cards n how do they expect to do a free n fair election with that? Denying one an opportunity to vote for his preferred candidate.
one would think they r up to something.
I think this six weeks will help a lot.let INEC use it to release all the voters card they r keeping.
let's learn to see things in two ways not just one way.
The postponement was based on the inability of the military to guarantee secuirity on that day and nt because of those that av nt collect their PVC.
Every sensible Nigerians undstand that the postponement was politically motivated, Dnt lets us shy away 4rm d truth Gej is afraid of defeat.
Even d US secretary to d state, John kerry express his disapointment over the postponement.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by jdbrasco(m): 9:16pm On Feb 09, 2015
ellechrystal:

Am a girl ooo. Hahahahahahahaha
sori, didn't chck
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by OLADD: 9:35pm On Feb 09, 2015
vandutchboy:

So you can tell all that just by looking at his face your a bloody joker and very unserious. PVC were going to be available for collection until the 13th. All these allegations agaisnt Professor Jega are unfounded I expected someone educated like you to see through the conspiracy against him

You must be daft not to have seen the reasons I adduced for Jega's partisanship. Did you not read the part that says Fashola only collected his PVC yesterday? Are you not aware that more than 23 millions Nigerians (mostly from the south) were yet to collect their PVCs as at the time Jega said INEC was good to go? Why are people like you so brainless?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 09, 2015
OLADD:

You must be daft not to have seen the reasons I adduced for Jega's partisanship. Did you not read the part that says Fashola only collected his PVC yesterday? Are you not aware that more than 23 millions Nigerians (mostly from the south) were yet to collect their PVCs as at the time Jega said INEC was good to go? Why are people like you so brainless?
The PDP goverment led by Goodluck Jonathan isnt serious,there was still a week left to collect PVCs,they should have simple announced a public holdiday for collections of PVCs if the goverment was that worried. Donèt you also take into account some people simple didènt want to collect their PVCs. In a country like Canada only 30% of people voted in the election that were registered. Not everyone has faith in the electoral system that has been rigged from the time Nigeria has had independence. Please be sensible in your post and dont write like an illiterate.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by gomeks(m): 10:11pm On Feb 09, 2015
March for Buhari, Sai Baba
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Wallybaron: 10:20pm On Feb 09, 2015
This is ridiculous; most of my neighbours hav refused to collect their PVCs all becos dey dont trust dis government. Let's be reasonable, even if all these cards are available, millions of Nigerians wuldnt collect it. INEC is ready bt d situation is beyond what Nigerians are seen.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by OLADD: 10:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
vandutchboy:

The PDP goverment led by Goodluck Jonathan isnt serious,there was still a week left to collect PVCs,they should have simple announced a public holdiday for collections of PVCs if the goverment was that worried. Donèt you also take into account some people simple didènt want to collect their PVCs. In a country like Canada only 30% of people voted in the election that were registered. Not everyone has faith in the electoral system that has been rigged from the time Nigeria has had independence. Please be sensible in your post and dont write like an illiterate.

You're trying tooth and nail to crave a picture of an intellectual but you are brazenly empty. Does Canada have heterogenous configuration of more than 250 ethnic nationalities? Do the Fed govt have to declare public holidays for INEC to execute its timetable that was concieved four years ago? If your brain is not half dead, how credible would an election that has 30% voters turnout in Nigeria with more than 60% of that figure coming from the north be? Why not keep quite instead of displaying gross naivity? I won't stoop so low to either read or reply your incongrous post again. Blockhead!

1 Like

Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by eazydon(m): 10:48pm On Feb 09, 2015
OLADD:

You're trying tooth and nail to crave a picture of an intellectual but you are brazenly empty. Does Canada have heterogenous configuration of more than 250 ethnic nationalities? Do the Fed govt have to declare public holidays for INEC to execute its timetable that was concieved four years ago? If your brain is not half dead, how credible would an election that has 30% voters turnout in Nigeria with more than 60% of that figure coming from the north be? Why not keep quite instead of displaying gross naivity? I won't stoop so low to either read or reply your incongrous post again. Blockhead!

Chair! See finishing . that guy should go and hide.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 09, 2015
OLADD:

The Ministry of Finance only released funds to INEC in October do you know the long process it takes in terms Logistics and organisation to get the required materials during such a short time. This corrupt goverment led by Goodluck Jonathan are not serious and most of them led by Goodluck Jonathan will end up in jail if Buhari wins.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by loswhite(m): 11:32pm On Feb 09, 2015
meshacha1:
APC said they will bring - change
PDP said they will bring - transformation

Which one is better
APC for change hit like
PDP for transportation hit share
apc wins anytime any day in any polls conducted.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Nobody: 6:20am On Feb 10, 2015
emmyrichie:

I don't like c0w5 quoting me. I bet you didn't see the sentence where I wrote the word conspiratory .

Don't ever quote me again... I detest silly people.
Ooo Dear ! This is logic and I expected U to have used ur IQ well, to detect and understand the problems emerging in ur environment. Let me put this up to U again that the postponement is vital, about 40 to 45 percentages of the registered Southerners haven't gotten their PVCs. Also, the officials to conduct the election haven't been trained. Then why say it's a conspiracy ? Lemme 4get about the name calling now. But if U repeat that again, I'll take it to the very extreme !
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 10, 2015
Sanchez01:
This is nothing but pure lie!

1. The OP is a Paid PDP agent on the forum.
2. We know who This Day works for.
3. Almost everyone speak on anonimity - our reports, particularly in prints are sinister.
4. Every attempt to discredit the INEC chairman has been put in place ever since the umbrella party claimed they don't know where JEGA designed and printed our cards.

We are not robots and we refuse to be deceive. Jega has said it before now that the INEC is ready.

De there na till the new INEC boss comes in and confirm that INEC is truly not ready. Then he postpones the elections yet again.
E go clear for una eyes... clueless ko
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by sambisa5: 7:26am On Feb 10, 2015
Koroaso:

Lol......he shifted the elections out of "cluelessness"
Trust me GEJ is the most clueless president that ever liveth.

nairaland is actually fun,,,,,,,,things said here shouldn't be taken seriously,,,,,,,
i assured you,,,,,we are going to have a better Nigeria.......God knows how to do that,,,,,,He knows who can effect that change......and He will put such fellow there.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by adanny01(m): 7:48am On Feb 10, 2015
udemzyudex:
bros i'll say it over and over again, INEC is making this PVC collection to favour some part of the country... Why did INEC decide to create more polling unot in the north than the south,do you want to tell me that its because the south don't like to vote or what? You and i know that,INEC want to disenfrienchise some of this people.. If you think they don't want to go out and collect their PVC then why are they complaining? Why will someone complain over something he/she is not bothered about? Na wa for you ooo

Are you serious? Was the polling unit allocated today or was it done by Jega? You have no proof or fact so stop spreading baseless allegations. Do you even know how PU are allocated?
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by udemzyudex(m): 8:58am On Feb 10, 2015
adanny01:

Are you serious? Was the polling unit allocated today or was it done by Jega? You have no proof or fact so stop spreading baseless allegations. Do you even know how PU are allocated?
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/creation-polling-units-ekwueme-clark-others-ask-jega-resign/ no time to argue,go and read that.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by adanny01(m): 10:15am On Feb 10, 2015
udemzyudex:
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/creation-polling-units-ekwueme-clark-others-ask-jega-resign/ no time to argue,go and read that.

See yourself. Referring me to an exercise that was not implemented means you do not have even one solid fact to support your allegation in Jega. It was a mere proposal which wasn't a wrong thing to do. Do you know the sharing formula for distribution of the 30,000 new PUs? It was based on the existing PUs which Jega was not the one who created it. The timing was what you should question but not the distribution. The distribution is a logical one that no one can question which shared new PU based on proportion of existing ones. So no area had advantage against the other. Referring me to well known ethnic bigots like Clark and Ekweme means you don't investigate facts on your own but mere propaganda peddling.

In fact, from your link which probably you read only the headline, "basis of 15% equality and 85% proportional representation" was used. If the north were to fight for 100% proportional representation it will be worst than what they were crying. The basis of 15% equality favoured the south which they still complained. We all know not even 50% equality will favour ethnic bigots like Clark especially.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by chynergy1(m): 10:40am On Feb 10, 2015
atlwireles:
(i) Over 25million PVCs not collected
(ii) Non-guarantee of security
(iii) Training manual not ready
(iv) Presiding Officers yet to be trained
(v) 700,000 ad hoc staff not recruited yet
(vi) PVCs still being printed abroad
(vii) RECs yet to print Voter Register
(viii) Printers for Register still in Abuja
(ix) No full complement of ballot boxes
(x) Fake printing ink sent to states from headquarters rejected
(xi) Many states yet to get balance of Card Readers

and jega said we are ready more than we were in 2011. I don't see postponement directly favouring any party. we should accept it in good faith. GEJ for continuity.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/inec-postpones-elections/
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by udemzyudex(m): 1:00pm On Feb 10, 2015
adanny01:

See yourself. Referring me to an exercise that was not implemented means you do not have even one solid fact to support your allegation in Jega. It was a mere proposal which wasn't a wrong thing to do. Do you know the sharing formula for distribution of the 30,000 new PUs? It was based on the existing PUs which Jega was not the one who created it. The timing was what you should question but not the distribution. The distribution is a logical one that no one can question which shared new PU based on proportion of existing ones. So no area had advantage against the other. Referring me to well known ethnic bigots like Clark and Ekweme means you don't investigate facts on your own but mere propaganda peddling.

In fact, from your link which probably you read only the headline, "basis of 15% equality and 85% proportional representation" was used. If the north were to fight for 100% proportional representation it will be worst than what they were crying. The basis of 15% equality favoured the south which they still complained. We all know not even 50% equality will favour ethnic bigots like Clark especially.
i won't reply you again bro,i'll just advice you to calm down,give urself some minutes,go back and read all ur post again then reason with yourself and see if what you're posting here is correct cos people tend to post rubbish when their brain is hot..
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by adanny01(m): 1:18pm On Feb 10, 2015
udemzyudex:
i won't reply you again bro,i'll just advice you to calm down,give urself some minutes,go back and read all ur post again then reason with yourself and see if what you're posting here is correct cos people tend to post rubbish when their brain is hot..

I advise you do same to yours.
Re: Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals by dokyOloye: 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2015
Why was Jega all over d place making noise on hw ready INEC was.I am now tending to believe those who accuse him of bias.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index / At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb / Ayo Adebanjo: Peter Obi Remains Afenifere's Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.